The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cpdavis
So I have decided to join this thread

I am quite new to the idea of IB, but it is a possible career path that I might take. Somebody said to me that I should consider applying for a "spring week" to get a taster within the area but I'm not sure how to go about this. Questions I would want to know is:

Do the favour certain unis over others?
What would I need to submit?
Would I need to do an interview?

I know these seem like really basic questions, but as I said earlier I am still new to the idea. thanks :smile:

****. guessing you didn't get cambridge?
Reply 281
Original post by TomasK
Fixed.

Ta.

In theory you don't need one mind you.
Original post by i_hate_teeth

Well I'm at Kings now (missed STEP) but ok about it. My tutor told me I should consider IB and said that I should look into spring week. Thus I came here :smile:
Reply 283

I hate teeth, sorry can't be bothered to read through this thread. Are you applying for spring weeks?
Original post by Sir KBS
I hate teeth, sorry can't be bothered to read through this thread. Are you applying for spring weeks?

Yeah, probably. Are you?
Reply 285
Yeah, probably. Are you?

A2 student mate. But applied to Beng's at UCl and Warwick so maybe next year. But obviously can't if I end up doing a MEng.
Original post by cpdavis
So I have decided to join this thread

I am quite new to the idea of IB, but it is a possible career path that I might take. Somebody said to me that I should consider applying for a "spring week" to get a taster within the area but I'm not sure how to go about this. Questions I would want to know is:

Do the favour certain unis over others?
What would I need to submit?
Would I need to do an interview?

I know these seem like really basic questions, but as I said earlier I am still new to the idea. thanks :smile:

PM me if you want to talk, i see you nearly everyday (Kings Mathmatecian myself, a quiet one though). I've read up on the application process and i've done a fair bit of research. Theres been a few events at Kings by IBs but one thing you must do is join the Finance Soc if you havent, they'll send you updates to events
Reply 287
apart from spring weeks

any other opportunities for first years?
Reply 288
So I am at Uni now, first year.. What do I put as my predicted grade? I mean I can't just put on my CV university of X expected 2014 then my course, can I?
Original post by perplex_
So I am at Uni now, first year.. What do I put as my predicted grade? I mean I can't just put on my CV university of X expected 2014 then my course, can I?

Just put 2.1 or better. Or application will be thrown out by computer programme sorter. I am assuming you are talking about online application form right?
Reply 290
Original post by Dumb Economist
Just put 2.1 or better. Or application will be thrown out by computer programme sorter. I am assuming you are talking about online application form right?

Nope.. CV.. Thanks :biggrin: (But I am gonna talk to my adviser about this)
Reply 291
Original post by Milan.
apart from spring weeks

any other opportunities for first years?

HSBC do 1st year internships I think.
Reply 292
Good time to actually send off applications? this month? next month?
Send of the ones for banks who hire on a rolling basis SOON! The others can wait a month I think :smile:
Pre-christmas. Most will be doing summer apps until late November.
Reply 295
Which banks do spring week applications on a rolling basis? As far as I was aware, there weren't any?
Morgan Stanley and BarCap are on a rolling basis!
Original post by woods.vanessa

I'm guessing you've applied to MS and BC? You go to UCL don't you?
Reply 298
Original post by miml
Which banks do spring week applications on a rolling basis? As far as I was aware, there weren't any?

Original post by woods.vanessa

Literally no way these have started reading applications yet. They get through FT and Summer internships first.
Reply 299
Original post by I'mSet
Literally no way these have started reading applications yet. They get through FT and Summer internships first.

To be fair they are still sorting out sumer intership applications, ( had my summer internship phone interview last week). I would guess reviewing of spring week apps would be lower down the list...

Latest

Trending

Trending