The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3940
Original post by graceyk
Just got an offer from Bath for Econ & International Development, can't believe how early!

Well done! :biggrin: Mind me cheekily asking what your AS grades and GCSEs were like, and how many A2s you are doing? :colondollar:
Reply 3941
Original post by jamiepango
Damn... and here I thought I actually beat the great Tateco at something :wink:

You did. :sexface:

But neither of you did Further Maths. :giggle:
Reply 3942
Damn... and here I thought I actually beat the great Tateco at something :wink:

Haha :tongue: One of those scores is mine, bet you can't guess which
Reply 3943
Original post by Tateco
Well done! :biggrin: Mind me cheekily asking what your AS grades and GCSEs were like, and how many A2s you are doing? :colondollar:

Yeah no problem :smile:

GCSEs: 12.5 A*s
AS: 5As in Geography, Maths, Economics&Business, History and Critical Thinking
A2: Predicted 4 a*s in Geography, Maths, Econ&Bus, Crit Thinking

My offer is A*AA, to include maths, and excluding crit thinking
Reply 3944
Original post by 94george94
This is very off the current topic, but how did you revise for your economics exams? I assume you are on OCR by the way.

I'm on AQA... Groat is on OCR :smile:

Original post by graceyk
Yeah no problem :smile:

GCSEs: 12.5 A*s
AS: 5As in Geography, Maths, Economics&Business, History and Critical Thinking
A2: Predicted 4 a*s in Geography, Maths, Econ&Bus, Crit Thinking

My offer is A*AA, to include maths, and excluding crit thinking

Thanks :biggrin: Can see why you got an early offer now :wink: Good luck with the rest of UCAS
Original post by Tateco
I'm on AQA... Groat is on OCR :smile:

Well my question still stands, how did you revise for it? You got close to 100 right? :colondollar:
Anyone else feeling slightly :afraid: that offers are being already dished out
Reply 3947
Original post by -Illmatic-

Yes, especially as we could wait until March for an offer!
Original post by Groat
You did. :sexface:

Care to elaborate? :tongue:

Original post by Groat

But neither of you did Further Maths. :giggle:

Stop rubbing it in.....

Original post by Tateco
Haha :tongue: One of those scores is mine, bet you can't guess which

Hmm well I know you got 100 in C1, so it can't be that one. That leaves me with a 50/50 guess. I choose....... C2? :colondollar:
Reply 3949
Ahh, just sent my UCAS in! Been reading the thread and everyones GCSEs are fantastic, mine are so low in comparison. It's scary waiting for offers, where's everyone applied? I've applied at Cambridge (forced upon me), Warwick, LSE, UCL and Royal Holloway(backup).
Original post by Kingz
Ahh, just sent my UCAS in! Been reading the thread and everyones GCSEs are fantastic, mine are so low in comparison. It's scary waiting for offers, where's everyone applied? I've applied at Cambridge (forced upon me), Warwick, LSE, UCL and Royal Holloway(backup).

Bear in mind this forum isn't a true representation of the student population, so don't let other people's grades worry you :smile:

I was nearly forced to apply, but I managed to persuade my parents that it wasn't right for me :biggrin:
Reply 3951
Original post by 94george94
Well my question still stands, how did you revise for it? You got close to 100 right? :colondollar:

I probably didn't do enough revision to be honest, but the main thing is just getting really solid on the theory, and keeping up with the news. So once you have learnt all the theory you could get a revision guide which summarises it, make sure you learn it all and know how to apply it with examples.

Care to elaborate? :tongue:

Stop rubbing it in.....

Hmm well I know you got 100 in C1, so it can't be that one. That leaves me with a 50/50 guess. I choose....... C2? :colondollar:

Nicely done :holmes:
Reply 3952
Original post by myyout
Hi guys, I will be applying next week hopefully. Just a few last minute thoughts. Do you think it's worth me applying for economics and accounting? Seeing as I've been thinking about getting into accountancy as a career lately. Or would straight economics have better job prospects than a joint honours in economics and accounting? I was thinking about applying for this degree because it seems to be less competitive, and I would be able to hopefully get offers from better universities, than if I applied just for straight economics for all my choices.

no replies :frown:
Reply 3953
Original post by -Illmatic-

Yes! I'm still waiting for mine to be processed and sent off! I feel a bit scared of sending it off :P Hopefully I should send it off by Monday :smile:
Original post by Hemzo
Yes! I'm still waiting for mine to be processed and sent off! I feel a bit scared of sending it off :P Hopefully I should send it off by Monday :smile:

Yup Monday me too :five:
Reply 3955
Jesus College interview for Econ is the same day as my 18th birthday :O
Original post by Trizzle
Jesus College interview for Econ is the same day as my 18th birthday :O

Oh that's nice :biggrin: Hopefully they'll be nice to you and ask you some easy questions... you know as a birthday gift :tongue:
Reply 3957
UCAS sent

Reply 3958
Original post by nightmare91
Oh that's nice :biggrin: Hopefully they'll be nice to you and ask you some easy questions... you know as a birthday gift :tongue:

Lol this could be the best or worst birthday ever :P
Original post by blink18254
Hi! :smile:

Thanks, i'm taking economics, maths, further maths, history and physics.

Where are you applying? :biggrin:

I'm not doing Economics but hoping to apply to Cambridge, for 2013 though. :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending