The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7120
STRESSING! i've sent my application off to my school, but they haven't sent it yet! she said she'd do it today but its almost half 6..... is tomorrow too late because we had a big debate about when midnight on the 15th actually was earlier....?
Original post by calamitysarah
I know! I was so scared I thought it was a rejection! I was almost crying outside my biology classroom on the computers WHILST logging in to UCAS :redface: I applied on the 3rd :tongue:

Haha...you must have got amazing grades to make them so eager to have you :tongue:
Congratulations!
Reply 7122
Original post by calamitysarah
I know! I was so scared I thought it was a rejection! I was almost crying outside my biology classroom on the computers WHILST logging in to UCAS :redface: I applied on the 3rd :tongue:

Me too! I was seriously amazed at how quickly they rejected people, but I was so relieved to find it was just a confirmation letter :biggrin:
Original post by desy.kris
from which college?????
T_T
i want one i want one i want one i want one i want one

It was Brasenose
Original post by desy.kris
I see! so you're submitting your application for Oxford only this weekend? remember you'll have to pay extra £11 in the future if you want to add more choices.. i personally would submit two choices first to avoid the hassle of paying again :P

thats what I did. But I have to go back through the school to add more choices anyway so it didn't really matter. My school pays :biggrin:
Got an unconditional offer from the University of Glasgow a couple of days ago :biggrin:

On another note, I've had to register at a centre (not my school) to sit the TSA so I have to pay a £15 administration fee... My school is so unhelpful. Sigh.
Original post by LonelySoul193
Got an unconditional offer from the University of Glasgow a couple of days ago :biggrin:

On another note, I've had to register at a centre (not my school) to sit the TSA so I have to pay a £15 administration fee... My school is so unhelpful. Sigh.

Question for you and anyone else who's received offers: when did you send in your apps? I'm getting so nervous about when I'll hear back from schools. And how can Oxford be sending offers if they haven't asked for interview yet? Or are the emails offers for interview? I sent in my stuff earlier this week, and the representative from Durham told me I should hear shortly. Do I need to check UCAS or should I get an email?
Original post by tallulah11
Question for you and anyone else who's received offers: when did you send in your apps? I'm getting so nervous about when I'll hear back from schools. And how can Oxford be sending offers if they haven't asked for interview yet? Or are the emails offers for interview? I sent in my stuff earlier this week, and the representative from Durham told me I should hear shortly. Do I need to check UCAS or should I get an email?

I sent in my application exactly one week ago. The University of Glasgow usually give unconditionals automatically to applicants with all As (so I've heard) so that's probably why I got a quick offer from them.
Oxford haven't sent any offers. The emails people are getting are just acknowledgements that Oxford have recieved their application. I, personally, have not had gotten such an email from them as of yet :smile:
I'm in Bristol. Pissed up my LNATs, went over the word limit for the essay by 20 words -,-. How much is that going to affect me?

And I'm doing Law, when does Oxford give their invites/rejections for interviews?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by tallulah11

Some universities give out offers throughout the period rather than in one big explosion after they receive applications. These will usually be your ahem well lower ranking ones (no offense) so they know how serious applicants they can give offers to later on.

You will not be hearing from Oxford until end of November most likely, depending on your course choice. E.g. Admissions tests, written work etc will delay the selection process.

Emails will be sent for "acknowledgment" < what it says on the tin, just to confirm that they have received your application. This is automatic I think (but not computerised, probably human)

Chill out and relax, any changes to track will be automatically sent to your email, its up to you which one you want to go on.

If you call university "schools" I will personally hunt you down and cover you in jello (Joking) But seriously -_- face = not impressed. UNIVERSITY.
Original post by Schlegel
Haha...you must have got amazing grades to make them so eager to have you :tongue:
Congratulations!

Noo just normal :biggrin: my extra-curriculars are.. interesting though and I feel very lucky :redface:

Original post by Rand
Me too! I was seriously amazed at how quickly they rejected people, but I was so relieved to find it was just a confirmation letter :biggrin:

I still haven't got my confirmation letter :frown: But it seems as though quite a lot of people haven't so i'm trying not to worry !:smile:
Reply 7131
How are people preparing for the MAT?

(still haven't added myself to the stalking page, everyone's results look so scary :wink: )
Original post by FernF

(still haven't added myself to the stalking page, everyone's results look so scary :wink: )

I know :s-smilie: all the other History applicants (that's what I'm applying for) seem to have amazing GCSEs in comparison to mine....I've just stopped thinking about it, and hoping that once we take the admissions tests we might all be on an equal par (well, depending on how well we do! :lol:) Good luck in preparation for the MAT!
Reply 7133
hi! put me on your table please? :biggrin:

Username: _becca
Subject: English Language and Literature
GCSE: 8 A*s, 2 As
AS: 4 As
Predicted: 3 A*s (+ A* EPQ)
College: Worcester

im kinda relieved there are no other Worcester/English people on the table.. i know there will be loads but it is a kinda YES moment. :L

if anyone wants to swap practice ELATs/ notes message me! or reply!
Original post by _becca
hi! put me on your table please? :biggrin:

Username: _becca
Subject: English Language and Literature
GCSE: 8 A*s, 2 As
AS: 4 As
Predicted: 3 A*s (+ A* EPQ)
College: Worcester

im kinda relieved there are no other Worcester/English people on the table.. i know there will be loads but it is a kinda YES moment. :L

if anyone wants to swap practice ELATs/ notes message me! or reply!

done. Although remember TSR is only a small selection of the data pool, and you're not competing against just those in your chosen college, its everyone across the subject (colleges do confer with each other!).

Just to let you know you're not alone in the worcester front, one girl from my school is also applying for EL&L there :smile:
My school put my UCAS in (without asking me first) yesterday. I felt very pressurized by everyone, and have such put down a subject which I like, but not the one I love. Apparently, the form has already been sent to the universities- though I've only heard back from St. Andrews. Is there any way I could try and change course? And if I did try, would it reflect very badly, do you think, on my application to oxford? I want to change from Classics to English... I'm despairing, don't know what to do...
Reply 7136
Original post by Brand New Eyes

Original post by Brand New Eyes
done. Although remember TSR is only a small selection of the data pool, and you're not competing against just those in your chosen college, its everyone across the subject (colleges do confer with each other!).

Just to let you know you're not alone in the worcester front, one girl from my school is also applying for EL&amp;L there :smile:

yeah, my friend applied to st anne's, had an interview there and at 2 other colleges then got accepted at st anne's anyway! i guess they just like to be sure haha. good luck to your friend!

also, i can't get onto track. :frown: everything was sent off yesterday at 1pm and ive had messages from york and oxford - is anyone else having trouble? or is it not open??
Original post by _becca
yeah, my friend applied to st anne's, had an interview there and at 2 other colleges then got accepted at st anne's anyway! i guess they just like to be sure haha. good luck to your friend!

also, i can't get onto track. :frown: everything was sent off yesterday at 1pm and ive had messages from york and oxford - is anyone else having trouble? or is it not open??

i sent it today and I haven't had any problems with track. make sure you don't put the dashes in your ID number!
Anybody else applying to read History and Politics?
Reply 7139
Wonder where Medbh's gotten to

Latest

Trending

Trending