The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9720
When you've bought stuff from the shop floor to have on your break, does anyone ever actually check your receipt for the signature? Just wondering. I hardly ever have breaks, but when I have overtime and buy stuff from the shop for break, I've never got a signature and have never been stopped to check that I got one. Have I just been lucky?

And does anyone else think that the receipt that comes out just when someone takes out their card (eg when they put their card in then decide they want to have cashback, so take it out again) is a huge waste of paper? I understand when their card gets declined, but it seems so pointless just when they take out their card and haven't paid o_O
Original post by _N_
When you've bought stuff from the shop floor to have on your break, does anyone ever actually check your receipt for the signature? Just wondering. I hardly ever have breaks, but when I have overtime and buy stuff from the shop for break, I've never got a signature and have never been stopped to check that I got one. Have I just been lucky?

And does anyone else think that the receipt that comes out just when someone takes out their card (eg when they put their card in then decide they want to have cashback, so take it out again) is a huge waste of paper? I understand when their card gets declined, but it seems so pointless just when they take out their card and haven't paid o_O

Yesterday I did overtime and therefore had a break - I bought something from the shop floor and didn't get the receipt signed. I've done it before in the past and I've never been stopped. :tongue: Maybe we're both lucky?

I guess the 'void' receipt comes in handy for legal reasons, and also so that the customer doesn't think we've robbed them twice.
Reply 9722
Hey guys. I have an induction on monday. Can anyone tell me what would be suitable to wear?

Can I wear black skinny jeans, black vans with an unstructured blazer or is it too casual?
Reply 9723
Induction is smart casual - black trousers/dark shirt and a nice shirt/smart t shirt.

I wore black shirt, and black trousers.
Original post by _N_

Original post by briesandwich
Yesterday I did overtime and therefore had a break - I bought something from the shop floor and didn't get the receipt signed. I've done it before in the past and I've never been stopped. :tongue: Maybe we're both lucky?

I guess the 'void' receipt comes in handy for legal reasons, and also so that the customer doesn't think we've robbed them twice.

I never get my receipts signed from the self scans but if I go to the kiosk the guy there usually always signs it. Never been stopped but it handy to have it signed just incase.

Original post by Chantell
Hey guys. I have an induction on monday. Can anyone tell me what would be suitable to wear?

Can I wear black skinny jeans, black vans with an unstructured blazer or is it too casual?

That sound ok, just wear something comfy.
Reply 9725
Original post by satchef1
Has anyone got the mysainsburys passcode? Only just found out about it. Also, do we get discount with any mobile operators other than Vodafone? And has anyone got any idea which Vodafone scheme Sainsburys is part of? There seems to be 2:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/campaigns/employee-advantage/?cid=rdr-711-01

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/campaigns/partners/

I'm thinking it's the second because this is allegedly the list of companies on the 1st scheme:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Services/Vodafone-advantage-list-of-companies/td-p/713547

But then that list might be out-dated. Anyone got an insight as to which is which? 50% discount would be very nice :eek:

I actually use this discount, upgraded my iphone to the 4s on Friday, and get 20% off my monthly bill (£51 bill down to £40 a month).
You basically get either 10% or 20% off. 10% for contracts under £20 p/m and 20% for contracts over £20 p/m.
I'll PM you the link you need to get on there, cos i don't think it should be public!
Original post by Oh-No!
I actually use this discount, upgraded my iphone to the 4s on Friday, and get 20% off my monthly bill (£51 bill down to £40 a month).
You basically get either 10% or 20% off. 10% for contracts under £20 p/m and 20% for contracts over £20 p/m.
I'll PM you the link you need to get on there, cos i don't think it should be public!

Thats a good deal, mind pming me the link also. Ill be upgrading soon so wouldn't mind a few pound off it.
Reply 9727
Original post by Oh-No!

Original post by Oh-No!

is vodafone partners with sainsburys?
Reply 9728
One of my colleagues came in today and got a contract from O2, it seems like they do the same thing but better offer, 30% off any contract... Apparently you just go in with your wage-slip and you get it!
Reply 9729
Original post by hassan90
One of my colleagues came in today and got a contract from O2, it seems like they do the same thing but better offer, 30% off any contract... Apparently you just go in with your wage-slip and you get it!

So if i work for sainsburys i can get discount from vodafone or/and o2?

If yes, is the amount limited or can i use it e.g. 2times know this answer know thanks, its 5 times for anyone who wants to know.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9730
Original post by xangelinax
That sound ok, just wear something comfy.

Original post by bubelah
Induction is smart casual - black trousers/dark shirt and a nice shirt/smart t shirt.

I wore black shirt, and black trousers.

Thanks for the help. The induction went well.
Original post by Oh-No!

I'm looking to upgrade as well my nokia is on its last legs
is it possible to pm me the link?:tongue:
Reply 9732
Original post by Oh-No!

Please can you PM me too? My Vodafone contract is very nearly off and some money off would be fabulous! Thank you :smile:
Reply 9733
Could someone also PM me this information regarding the phone contracts especially 02 just about to upgrade this week!

Would be much appreciated.
Reply 9734
Hi

I have an interview @ Sainsburys quite soon. My friend has a job there and he says its really straight forward and you're almost guaranteed the job. Any tips?

Thanks
Got an interview for a new Sainsbury's store next week. Checkout assistant role. Same request as above, basically. Cheers.
(edited 12 years ago)
what's the cut off date for giving in the holiday form? they never told me last year and I ended up losing loads because of it :/
Original post by vampireweekend93
what's the cut off date for giving in the holiday form? they never told me last year and I ended up losing loads because of it :/

I got my form mid febuary and had to have it in by mid march, might be different for other stores. I would ask you manager and if they cant give you a straight answer then ask someone in HR.
Reply 9738
In terms of holiday, my store tends to bug you about it for ages and just allocate you the holiday if you don't hand anything in. HR will know for sure.

Has anybody done a team leader assessment recently? I have one on Friday and was wondering what it involves.

I've done the department management trainee assessment day this year, but didn't get through I'm guessing it can't be as indepth as that.

Any help will be appreciated.
Reply 9739
Christien + Ritter. My interview was like 5 years ago, but had a friend who did one recently. He says it was a few interview type questions with a manager then a DVD test, which he says was simple. However he did not get the job so must of done something wrong!

I don't know what the questions were, but I had an internal interview recently and it was questions like, where do you see yourself in a few years time? What do you know about the position.

That might not be the case for external candidates though.

Latest

Trending

Trending