The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
There was a US shonen jump?

I've watched three episodes of Kemonozume so far today. It is...odd
Reply 2101
Bill bailey was wearing a naruto t-shirt on QI yesturday :shock:
Bill Bailey
thanks for all comments re QI last night -puppetry sent us all giddy like - Naruto is great - t-shirt is UNI QLO thanks for asking

http://p.twimg.com/AbyHRoRCAAErcjI.jpg
How do you guys have time to watch so much anime? I'd really like to watch more, but I find that (because of the storylines) I really have to keep up watching an episode of something every few nights or I'll forget and lose interest. I'm re-watching Yakitate! Japan right now, and it makes me want to watch more, but then I don't know how I'd fit everything else in as well. I guess if anime is mostly what you watch, as opposed to other TV stuff/films? I need more timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Hi btw.
Reply 2103
Original post by Kater Murr
How do you guys have time to watch so much anime? I'd really like to watch more, but I find that (because of the storylines) I really have to keep up watching an episode of something every few nights or I'll forget and lose interest. I'm re-watching Yakitate! Japan right now, and it makes me want to watch more, but then I don't know how I'd fit everything else in as well. I guess if anime is mostly what you watch, as opposed to other TV stuff/films? I need more timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Hi btw.

As I work full time throughout the week, I can only manage to watch a few episodes at best during the evening, if that. However, on the weekend I can usually watch a dozen or more (especially on Sunday). I don't watch much else, save for the occasional film with my husband. :smile:
Original post by Aiko
As I work full time throughout the week, I can only manage to watch a few episodes at best during the evening, if that. However, on the weekend I can usually watch a dozen or more (especially on Sunday). I don't watch much else, save for the occasional film with my husband. :smile:

Hmm, I suppose. I'm watching about 5 different series (very slowly) at the moment, so I guess I find it hard to squeeze in more.
Reply 2105
Time for Fate/Zero.

Woop! :awesome:
Reply 2106
crunchy roll twitter
News: Sunrise new Code Geass Project -- Director: Kazuki Akane, Character Designs: CLAMP, due next year

:huff: US conventions and their big guests and big news

Penguindrum 14 :shock:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2107
Quite impressed with what ive seen of Legend of the galactic heroes so far. Really like the scale it has, the classical soundtrack amplifies this.:yep: Yang Wenli and Reinheart both seem quite likeable, their superiors on the other hand.:hmmm: The battles seem quite like the ones in centuries past despite being in space and with hundreds of thousands of ships. :beard: In my conquest in the sea of stars the big one seemed quite meat grinderish.. both sides facing each other and firing until one was left. Of course the two main characters are trying to move beyond this with their strategies.:beard:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey, do you guys have any idea where I can see original showtimes for anime shows in Japan? I.e. what time of night they were broadcast?
Reply 2109
Hey, do you guys have any idea where I can see original showtimes for anime shows in Japan? I.e. what time of night they were broadcast?

I normally use:

http://cal.syoboi.jp/

Obviously, this might prove difficult if you can't read Japanese. I'm sure you can easily find an English equivalent via Google. :smile:

Here's what I use. :yes:

It seems pretty reliable for airtimes and days at least, though the rest of the info isn't always perfect since it's automated, and they only seem to update it at the beginning of each season when they add in the new shows. Stuff like episode counts are often assumed, while end dates can be out if the show doesn't air for a week or two for whatever reason.
(edited 12 years ago)
Ah, OK! That's brilliant, thanks.

I was curious about a few shows, but mainly just wanted to prove to my boyfriend that Y!J isn't a kids' show %%. I think it being aired at 7pm puts it firmly in the 'family show' category.
Reply 2112
Episode three of Fate/Zero had some good character development (with some pretty big revelations), even though it lacked the tenacity of the second. I do really like how there's more of an emphasis on the scheming behind the war. In this regard, the masters are a lot more deviant and calculating than those of the next war in Fate/stay night, probably because they're a lot older (generally) and experienced (with exterior motives, to boot). What's particularly interesting is the relationships that the masters have with their servants too, all of them different, largely because of their contrasting personalities. Seems like episode four will finally get down to business with our first proper battle. Looking forward to it. :smile:
Reply 2113
watching horizon...

why do young people in anime have such large boobs :hmmmm:
Reply 2114
Original post by vin
watching horizon...

why do young people in anime have such large boobs :hmmmm:

Magic :teeth:

I thought from the preview pic in the preview thread that quiet person we've hardly seen would be a main character. I guess she could still be, but were it not for that being the first image I saw of the show, I'd have completely forgotten about her :mmm:

Finished Kemonozume...it was still...odd
Reply 2115
In horizon the teachers chest has the amazing power of glowing very brightly when touched!:zomg:
ben-to ep 2 was epic, want a bento right now :sogood:
Reply 2117
naruto is so crap right now :dry:
Reply 2118
Original post by vin
naruto is so crap right now :dry:

What happened in this episode? Gai feeling sea sick?

Edit: You know the real intent behind this post. :hmmm:
Reply 2119

Original post by Aiko
What happened in this episode? Gai feeling sea sick?

Edit: You know the real intent behind this post. :hmmm:

no some shadow clone mutiny.. I got your intent before I opened the thread :huff:

Latest