The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by goldfish134
Monday 30th January
Morning I think :smile:

Thank you :biggrin:
Maybe thats why it wasnt on the exam timetable from school as it only goes up to 27th.... :tongue:
Reply 1941
Anyone received acknowledgement from Imperial or Oxford?

(Probably not, but are we expected to receive acknowledgements from Ox/Cam by submission deadline, i.e. today?)

Original post by twig
Anyone received acknowledgement from Imperial or Oxford?

(Probably not, but are we expected to receive acknowledgements from Ox/Cam by submission deadline, i.e. today?)

I think Oxford are slower than Cambridge at acknowledging but they probably should acknowledge you today.
Original post by twig
How long did UCL take to respond to your email? I sent mine yesterday evening. No replies yet (although it has not been long...).

Almost exactly 12 hours.
Reply 1944
Got the response to the UCL module marks.:smile:

Original post by Edwin Okli
I think Oxford are slower than Cambridge at acknowledging but they probably should acknowledge you today.

So must they send acknowledgements out by Oct 15th? This is very worrying if that's the case. Have not received any update from them yet.

Original post by dnumberwang

Any news from Ox?
Original post by twig
Got the response to the UCL module marks.:smile:

I'm assuming this was nothing more than a thank you which was what I got?.
Original post by twig
So must they send acknowledgements out by Oct 15th? This is very worrying if that's the case. Have not received any update from them yet.

Not necessarily.

If you sent off your UCAS application in time, they will have it. Don't worry. :p:
Original post by twig
Any news from Ox?

:no:

Got emails from all of my other unis though, except Imperial

Which college are you going for?

Imperial are notorious for this. Happens every year. The first I heard from them last year was when I got an offer. No acknowledgement whatsoever.
Reply 1949
Thanks for comfirming the acknowledgement dates issue.

Original post by ben-smith
I'm assuming this was nothing more than a thank you which was what I got?.

Yep.

Exactly same situation. Just waiting Imp and Ox.
This is getting ridiculous, if i wasnt applying to cambridge i would have literally zero work right now. As it stands i have tonnes.
If Mr.UCAS came up to me now and gave me the option of either continuing as I am now or a UCL offer but 4 rejections from the rest, I think I would take the latter.
If Mr.UCAS came up to me now and gave me the option of either continuing as I am now or a UCL offer but 4 rejections from the rest, I think I would take the latter.

Why the impatience?! :p:

It's still October; offers usually start flying in properly from November onwards.
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
Why the impatience?! :p:

It's still October; offers usually start flying in properly from November onwards.

I am becoming increasingly disenchanted with school. Any interest I may have had has now left and I find it difficult to do any work at all. All I want is to go to university and do cool maths.:frown::frown:
Reply 1954
Original post by officeface
I think my tutor sent them off, but I got needlessly worried and sent them off again in a separate email. Got a nice email back from admissions tutor:

Did you send the details to the generic maths dept email id?
If I sent off my application, have I got a week to change a uni choice/course? :smile:
I am becoming increasingly disenchanted with school. Any interest I may have had has now left and I find it difficult to do any work at all. All I want is to go to university and do cool maths.:frown::frown:

I know what you mean. That said, there's nothing stopping you from doing cool maths? If you're on top of your A-Levels, just find some lecture notes and start work through them or something.

Are you bored of STEP already? :p:
Original post by BeccaCath94
If I sent off my application, have I got a week to change a uni choice/course? :smile:

I believe that's how it works. I can no longer substitute a course. Now things are real.
Original post by Edwin Okli
I believe that's how it works. I can no longer substitute a course. Now things are real.

Just checking! I might send it off on thursday as we have a UCAS day at school...and im going to my final open day on saturday so... :smile:
Reply 1959
Original post by officeface
Almost exactly 12 hours.

People not taking A levels also get the same acknowledgement mail for Maths UMS scores.

So, what are those people doing since they cannot provide it?

What are international applicants to UCL responding to those module scores mail?

Thanks.

Latest