The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3960
For the cambridge saq, I am self teaching further maths AS this year, so under the 'education' section where it asks you for class size and topcs covered, do I enter futher maths here and just leave class size blank? As for the topics, I am currently doing matrix algebra for fp1 and graph theory for d1, so will this be enough for the 'topics covered' section?
Original post by somaiyar
For the cambridge saq, I am self teaching further maths AS this year, so under the 'education' section where it asks you for class size and topcs covered, do I enter futher maths here and just leave class size blank? As for the topics, I am currently doing matrix algebra for fp1 and graph theory for d1, so will this be enough for the 'topics covered' section?

leave class size blank, and the 2 things you mentioned are just fine. Although you should mention that u are self-studying it either in the 'trouble taking any of the A-levels' or 'additional information'( if your school offers Further Maths)
Original post by somaiyar

I'm in the same situation and emailed the SAQ help thing. They said to put class size as 1 and then explain in the "Is there anything else yo would like us to know?" section that I am self-teaching.
Sent of my UCAS on wednesday, and am contemplating wether or not to swap one of my choices.

I applied for: Cambridge, Warwick, Nottingham, Exeter and Sothampton

A2 level - Maths (A*) AS levels - econmics (93%), geography (93%)

Predicted A*A*A*A* in maths, geog, eco and further maths

GCSE's 3A*'s 7A's 1B 1C

What do you think about changing southampton university to Bristol university? to risky?

Thanks in advance :smile::smile:
Original post by Aminaubah

Original post by Aminaubah
I'm not doing Economics but hoping to apply to Cambridge, for 2013 though. :tongue:

I'm 2013 too :smile:
Reply 3965
Original post by Tateco

Original post by Tateco
My UMS marks were on my UCAS form :smile: But I wouldn't worry at all, just make it clearly laid out. I'd do something like

Maths 286/300 (A)
Core 1: 93/100
Core 2: 94/100
Statistics 1: 99/100

(Those aren't my scores, just an example!)

How did you manage to enter your UMS scores on UCAS? I thought that it wasn't possible...
Reply 3966
Original post by VCR
How did you manage to enter your UMS scores on UCAS? I thought that it wasn't possible...

Some people put it in the Other box in the form e.g. 100/100 A
Original post by zxh800
Some people put it in the Other box in the form e.g. 100/100 A

:eek: i didn't know you were allowed to do this as I would have done it for some of my subjects! :frown:
Original post by conzag123
:eek: i didn't know you were allowed to do this as I would have done it for some of my subjects! :frown:

Doing it for some and not others probably wouldn't have come across well.
Original post by alex_hk90
Doing it for some and not others probably wouldn't have come across well.

Does that apply for teachers references as well? And what do you think would be a cut off point for putting UMS I.e. If I had 100 in Maths and 99 in econ and 95 in FM buy only like 85 in french (all hypothetical) is it still worth putting it down eve though my French is relatively low?
Original post by tooambitious
Does that apply for teachers references as well? And what do you think would be a cut off point for putting UMS I.e. If I had 100 in Maths and 99 in econ and 95 in FM buy only like 85 in french (all hypothetical) is it still worth putting it down eve though my French is relatively low?

For references I think it's probably OK, because it would be your referee selecting the ones to show rather than you doing so. I don't know where a 'cut-off point' would be, that's very subjective.
Original post by alex_hk90
For references I think it's probably OK, because it would be your referee selecting the ones to show rather than you doing so. I don't know where a 'cut-off point' would be, that's very subjective.

Ok thanks a lot :biggrin:
Reply 3972
Original post by tooambitious

I would say if you enter 1 modules score then you should enter them all, or it is just choosing the best ones and as Alex said it wouldn't make a good impression.

Original post by VCR

Using the other box, I wrote it like: "A (87/90)"
Reply 3973
i sent mine off on thursday, I got the sense from the my warwick confirmation email that they dont start giving out many offers until after january
Original post by wachno
i sent mine off on thursday, I got the sense from the my warwick confirmation email that they dont start giving out many offers until after january

Are you sure? I actually heard that they do give out offers before January... Hopefully they do!
Reply 3975
Original post by nightmare91
Are you sure? I actually heard that they do give out offers before January... Hopefully they do!

i said they do a few but the majority will be after january
Original post by wachno
i said they do a few but the majority will be after january

Oh sorry didn't read the 'many' in your sentence. Do you know about LSE, do they start giving out offers before January?
Reply 3977
Oh sorry didn't read the 'many' in your sentence. Do you know about LSE, do they start giving out offers before January?

not sure about lse mate, btw i'm applying to econ and management like you
Original post by wachno
not sure about lse mate, btw i'm applying to econ and management like you

Nice! How is the TSA practice going? What college are you applying to? :smile:
Reply 3979
Nice! How is the TSA practice going? What college are you applying to? :smile:

message me man

Latest

Trending

Trending