The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hm, Lougborough and southampton both want copies of my A2 certificates ASAP that school are refusing to give me until March, what's probably the latest I could get away with sending them in? :erm:
Reply 121
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
hm, Lougborough and southampton both want copies of my A2 certificates ASAP that school are refusing to give me until March, what's probably the latest I could get away with sending them in? :erm:
Just tell the school the unis are asking for them! What on earth is the problem with letting you have the certificates now???? :confused:

The point is that the uni won't make any offer unconditional until they've seen the evidence - I doubt that whether they make you an offer at all depends on seeing the certificates. If it does, tell your school that too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Minerva
Just tell the school the unis are asking for them! What on earth is the problem with letting you have the certificates now???? :confused:

Tried that, apparently they want to give them all out at the same time at a stupid presentation evening that most of the year won't even be able to go to :colonhash:

Currently trying to convince them at the very least to scan them in themselves and email me the scans :sigh:
Reply 123
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Tried that, apparently they want to give them all out at the same time at a stupid presentation evening that most of the year won't even be able to go to :colonhash:

Currently trying to convince them at the very least to scan them in themselves and email me the scans :sigh:
That's completely ridiculous. I'm not sure they are entitled to withhold the certificates, if you are requesting them now. Have you tried the Head?
I'm doing the IB and have sent in the application. but i just realised i put in my education details wrongly.

for the EE i put Mathematics as the module's name and value Ext Essay instead of putting Extended Essay as the module's name, because I'm doing my EE in Maths. would it be fine or should i change it? if i should change it, how to do so? Track isn't letting me change anything :frown:
Reply 125
hey, i'm an international student and i have got a HUGE problem! my name on all my igcse and a level certificates doesn't contain my last name, which is in my passport. my name on the certificates is till my 4th name while in my passport it is till my 5th. can ucas still track my results or what??? thanks!
I sent my UCAS off on October 4th. I'm now in track - no decisions made yet (of course) but I want to change my uni choice (from Bristol to King's). Is this possible?
http://www.ucas.com/students/offers/faqs/makingchanges/faq3

Unless you got your welcome letter after the 7th of October, I don't think you will be able to change, sorry :frown:

You might want to email UCAS just in case and ask if you can change :smile:
I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere in the UCAS website we can change our choices within two weeks after submitting our application. log in to Track and click at the choice you want to substitute, and change it.
Reply 129
Original post by desy.kris

Original post by desy.kris
I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere in the UCAS website we can change our choices within two weeks after submitting our application. log in to Track and click at the choice you want to substitute, and change it.

They changed it.

OP, if you phone UCAS and beg they might be able to let you - tell them about how you received your letter late, and really really want the change. It might be possible.
Hi guys, I've already completed two A2s in Biology and Psychology, achieving B and A respectively. Do I have to enter my AS result as well? As far as I know they weren't cashed in separately and I haven't received AS certificates. Also, I retook some modules in Biology whilst doing A2, do I have to declare this? Seeing as I've already achieved the B? Thank you!
I've looked at the FAQ but I'm still confused. My school is telling ius that we do not have to eter in any grades, i.e modules if we don't want to. For example, I got 3 cs in modules in Biology last year, but I am trying to get them as high as possible this eyar and my teachers say that I can get an A. However, people on here seem to be saying I have to enter in all grades I've already been awarded (no certificates yet) Please Help!! and Sorry if this has been ask a million times!!!
Reply 132
I realized that I have missed out some dates that I will be unavailable for interviews but my application has gone to UCAS. Should I contact them via email? (I live overseas and would avoid int'l call fees if possible)
Reply 133
Original post by fairycakeRachel
I've looked at the FAQ but I'm still confused. My school is telling ius that we do not have to eter in any grades, i.e modules if we don't want to. For example, I got 3 cs in modules in Biology last year, but I am trying to get them as high as possible this eyar and my teachers say that I can get an A. However, people on here seem to be saying I have to enter in all grades I've already been awarded (no certificates yet) Please Help!! and Sorry if this has been ask a million times!!!
You don't have to enter module grades if you don't want to; you do have to enter overall grades, assuming they were cashed in/certificated. You don't actually have to have the certificates in your hand, by the way, for this to be the case.
Reply 134
Original post by melts
I realized that I have missed out some dates that I will be unavailable for interviews but my application has gone to UCAS. Should I contact them via email? (I live overseas and would avoid int'l call fees if possible)

Could anyone help me with this?:colondollar:
Original post by Minerva
You don't have to enter module grades if you don't want to; you do have to enter overall grades, assuming they were cashed in/certificated. You don't actually have to have the certificates in your hand, by the way, for this to be the case.

Thank you :smile: So I would still have to have Biology C on the application?
I must sound really stupid sorry! :s-smilie:
Reply 136
Original post by fairycakeRachel
Thank you :smile: So I would still have to have Biology C on the application?
I must sound really stupid sorry! :s-smilie:
Yes, if that is a certificated grade.
If I submitted my application for Medicine on the 15th of October, received the Welcome Letter on the 17th, does this mean that I can make a change up till the 24th? Or if it's not possible because the due date for Medicine is on the 15th?
If I submitted my application for Medicine on the 15th of October, received the Welcome Letter on the 17th, does this mean that I can make a change up till the 24th? Or does this mean that I won't be given equal consideration because the 15th October due date is already over?
Original post by Happymelon

Original post by Happymelon
If I submitted my application for Medicine on the 15th of October, received the Welcome Letter on the 17th, does this mean that I can make a change up till the 24th? Or if it's not possible because the due date for Medicine is on the 15th?
I think you can be pretty sure it's not possible.

Unless you wanted to change your 5th choice (or change one of your medicine choices to a non-medicine choice)

Latest

Trending

Trending