The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurie:)
woke up to a lovely confirmation email :smile:

and now i'm thinking, if it takes 48 hours to process my application, won't it be submitted to the universities too late? or is the deadline for it to be sent to ucas the 15th, not to the universities???

Don't worry, the deadline is for it to be received by UCAS, it doesn't have to have been processed yet.
Original post by Normandy114
Don't worry, the deadline is for it to be received by UCAS, it doesn't have to have been processed yet.

phew! thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 8082
So tense! But at the same time, I'm kind of relaxed now :p:
Sooo.... the waiting game begins.
Original post by Deigh..
I'm applying for the first time currently on a gap year! Rather nervous :smile: I've applied for Liverpool (for both Medicine and Anatomy and Human Biology), Leeds, Manchester and Keele! Anyone else applying to any of these? :smile:

I'm applying to the same universities as you! But instead of Keele, I've applied to Sheffield. Manchester is my first choice tho. Good luck!
whats the point in having such an early deadline when the ukcat results arent sent until november and people don't sit the bmat until november???

:smile:
Reply 8086
whats the point in having such an early deadline when the ukcat results arent sent until november and people don't sit the bmat until november???

Some universities don't use BMAT or UKCAT. Such as Bristol, Liverpool, Birmingham. Some give out interviews really early such as Birmingham. They have a lot of applicants so it gives them time to have a look at them.
Original post by Besakt
Some universities don't use BMAT or UKCAT. Such as Bristol, Liverpool, Birmingham. Some give out interviews really early such as Birmingham. They have a lot of applicants so it gives them time to have a look at them.

but people always apply early, its not like everybody waits until the deadline to submit, i know birmingham started sorting out their interviews as soon as they started getting applicants.
Reply 8088
but people always apply early, its not like everybody waits until the deadline to submit, i know birmingham started sorting out their interviews as soon as they started getting applicants.

Some do though, like recently there has been an influx of people on TSR worrying about their UCAS not being sent off on time.

They can still sort out applicants that don't meet the entry requirements, and like Besakt said there are those which don't use either entrance exam.
Original post by Besakt
Some do though, like recently there has been an influx of people on TSR worrying about their UCAS not being sent off on time.

ohhh those silly people leaving it to the last minute! i would never do that *cough cough* :tongue:

They can still sort out applicants that don't meet the entry requirements, and like Besakt said there are those which don't use either entrance exam.

its just so annoying, having that big rush to send everything in, and then having a massive gap where you're waiting to hear news!!
its just so annoying, having that big rush to send everything in, and then having a massive gap where you're waiting to hear news!!

It's not hard to send it in early if your organised, and your tutor isn't a retard :wink:

It's only really personal statement and choices that takes a while to sort out on UCAS, and the qualifications section if you can't find the certificates. Mine got sent a couple of weeks ago, although my school is quite efficient.
ohhh those silly people leaving it to the last minute! i would never do that *cough cough* :tongue:

But don't some people put their ukcat scores on their UCAS application - won't unis look at it then or do they need confirmation that it's their real scores or something?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8093

:lol: Patience is a virtue, or so they say.
It's not hard to send it in early if your organised, and your tutor isn't a retard :wink:

It's only really personal statement and choices that takes a while to sort out on UCAS, and the qualifications section if you can't find the certificates. Mine got sent a couple of weeks ago, although my school is quite efficient.

yeah, tbh my application was ready to go at the beginning of september, the ps just needed to be pasted in when it was ready :tongue:

it would have been sent on wednesday if it wasn't for him!

Original post by SylveeDiggs
But don't some people put their ukcat scored on their UCAS application - won't unis look at it then or do they need confirmation that it's their real scores or something?

i think they wait for confirmation, otherwise they could end up inviting people for interview and then finding out they have a ukcat that shouldn't get them an interview

Original post by Besakt
:lol: Patience is a virtue, or so they say.

dammit! need to work on my patience skills :tongue:
But don't some people put their ukcat scored on their UCAS application - won't unis look at it then or do they need confirmation that it's their real scores or something?

Yeah those scores have no verification behind them until they can access the score database or however it's done. I could quite easily have put 900, 900, 900, 900 on my UCAS application.
Yeah those scores have no verification behind them until they can access the score database or however it's done. I could quite easily have put 900, 900, 900, 900 on my UCAS application.

i think they wait for confirmation, otherwise they could end up inviting people for interview and then finding out they have a ukcat that shouldn't get them an interview

Guess that's true :smile: so there's no advantage or disadvantage to putting your scores down on UCAS?
Guess that's true :smile: so there's no advantage or disadvantage to putting your scores down on UCAS?

Not really, it's just something else to add to it. A lot of people don't bother with adding it on UCAS.
Not really, it's just something else to add to it. A lot of people don't bother with adding it on UCAS.

Oh cool. Especially if one of the unis they're applying to is a non-ukcat uni - you don't want them seeing the scores do you.. *in thought*

Because if you consider how many applications each uni receives, and how long it takes to read a personal statement and reference for each, they need to get started now. Most have some kind of scoring system, so they need to start scoring each person and getting a preliminary list of who might be invited to interview and who is definitely not, based on predictions and statements. Then they can start finalising that list once the UKCAT/BMAT scores come in.

Latest

Trending

Trending