The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fluteflute
18th you mean?

I think he probably does CIE a levels, afaik they have an earlier results day :beard:
Do other Universities make Conditional/Unconditional offer's much earlier? For example I applied to Oxford, King's, Birmginham, Lancaster and Reading and I'm guessing the first three or four will take quite a while before handing out offers (considering the ratio of applicants : place) and also that they require applicants to do the LNAT and they may possibly request interviews to narrow it down.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by pai2502
So where do you live at present? EL & L. Worcester.

Ooh if i hadn't applied for history i would've done that. Good luck, hopefully Oxford will have at least two Indian undergrads this year :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Oops, yes the 16th. 18th was this year.

They make all the decisions before Christmas! (But only just before)

But, using the sciences as an example, aren't their interview time like 11th to 14th of December? The week following is Christmas I think so wouldn't that be a bit too tight of a time period to receive offers between the 14th (wed) and Saturday?
Reply 7224
My school just sent off my application. The wait begins. :P
Reply 7225
Original post by moonlight10
Bangalore :smile: ooh if i hadn't applied for history i would've done that. Good luck, hopefully Oxford will have at least two Indian undergrads this year :wink:

If Oxford really does, we will party!!! :banana::bhangra::elefant:
Original post by Tyron3
My school just sent off my application. The wait begins. :P

yay! for which course, to which college? and what other unis? :smile:
Reply 7227
Original post by desy.kris
yay! for which course, to which college? and what other unis? :smile:

Mathematics at Trinity. My other unis are Warwick, UCL, Imperial and Lancaster. :smile:
Original post by Piisbetterthantau
But, using the sciences as an example, aren't their interview time like 11th to 14th of December? The week following is Christmas I think so wouldn't that be a bit too tight of a time period to receive offers between the 14th (wed) and Saturday?
Yeah it's very tight, but Oxford make it work. Just. Many of the decisions will be made while the candidates are still in Oxford, or at least within a couple of days after.
Wooh! I've forgotten: are you planning to travel over for interview if you are called?

I got a confirmation from Bristol, which (despite what my signature says) is the only other university I've actually applied to so far. No confirmation from Oxford, but that doesn't worry me :tongue:

Yes, I am! A bit worried because I think I have a lot of final projects due around that time, but I suppose I'll manage somehow...

Are you applying for Imperial and York later? Or are you just leaving it to the Oxford and Bristol?
Any others like me, who check back every once in awhile hoping to see a worthwhile update?

All the best to everyone! stressful times : D
Original post by punctuation
Yes, I am! A bit worried because I think I have a lot of final projects due around that time, but I suppose I'll manage somehow...

Are you applying for Imperial and York later? Or are you just leaving it to the Oxford and Bristol?
Well we may meet at interview then!

Yeah I'll apply for the others when I've absolutely certain to where I want to apply :tongue: It would be pretty risky only applying to two unis!
Hey, could someone add me to the stalking page please?

Course: Mathematics
College: Pembroke
GCSEs: 11.5A* 0.5A
AS: AAAA
A2 predictions: A* (already got in maths) A*A*A*

Original post by snodgrass

Original post by snodgrass
Hey, could someone add me to the stalking page please?

Course: Mathematics
College: Pembroke
GCSEs: 11.5A* 0.5A
AS: AAAA
A2 predictions: A* (already got in maths) A*A*A*

Of course :biggrin:
Original post by desy.kris
ouch! Track always has problems. but good that it works now :biggrin: which other unis are you applying to?

Durham, York, Bath and Cardiff, you? (:

As long Track is working now, I don't mind!
Urgh, i woke up at 7am just so i can actually do some work this weekend, i really need to do some proper BMAT revision,

although... realising that i'm covered in sand from going out last night isn't the best of motivators :frown:
So the application deadline has passed :biggrin:
So the application deadline has passed :biggrin:

Hurraaay!!
Original post by Neopolitan Girl
Durham, York, Bath and Cardiff, you? (:

good luck! Imperial, UCL, Southampton :biggrin:
god, apparently there was a big problem with payments to ucas last night, there are a lot of people on facebook complaining they couldn't pay to send their applications, so they've missed the deadline. Has anyone here have that problem? I have a friend who missed his chance at Oxford because of this... So sad... :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending