The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LukeyJB
Not this year, next year. I'm in year 12 at the moment, I don't have fantastic GCSE's so I'll be applying to foundation courses - I don't believe I'll get AAA anyway, more like AAB.

As long as you satisfy the criteria the courses ask for then it will be fine :smile:

And some do have GCSE requirements:
UEA's foundation course says (for 2012 entry): "Applicants must have a minimum of five GCSEs at Grade B or above including English Language, Mathematics and a Single Science subject (Biology, Chemistry or Physics)"

So just make sure you check :smile:
Original post by Hanz_a93
What where ur gcse's like last year? Im predicted A*AA but have really **** gcse's which prevent me from applying to the a100 and almost every a100 course out there...

similar situation - if i get good grades next year I'll take a gap year and apply to unis with low gcse requirements (which means I'll need a high ukcat score )
Reply 742
Original post by Ally312
As long as you satisfy the criteria the courses ask for then it will be fine :smile:

And some do have GCSE requirements:
UEA's foundation course says (for 2012 entry): "Applicants must have a minimum of five GCSEs at Grade B or above including English Language, Mathematics and a Single Science subject (Biology, Chemistry or Physics)"

So just make sure you check :smile:

By fantastic GCSE's I meant the "all A's/A*'s at GCSE" we recently had a talk at college for potential medical students and the tutor speaking was just rambling on about having 8 or 9 A*'s/A's at GCSE, I don't know a single person with more than 5 A*'s.

@BethaneyJ: How does it feel to know that one day you'll be a doctor?
Original post by LukeyJB
By fantastic GCSE's I meant the "all A's/A*'s at GCSE" we recently had a talk at college for potential medical students and the tutor speaking was just rambling on about having 8 or 9 A*'s/A's at GCSE, I don't know a single person with more than 5 A*'s.

There are plenty of people who get in without all A/A*s at GCSEs and there are universities that accept those that have a mix of A/B/Cs at GCSE.

I know what you mean with the rambling tutor. A few people I know have had that talk too.

But good luck anyway! :smile:
my application got sent on saturday at like 2pm. worried about my application. i already have BBC but im also resitting them and predicted A*A*A...
hello

I applied here
Reply 746
Original post by cobra2k10
my application got sent on saturday at like 2pm. worried about my application. i already have BBC but im also resitting them and predicted A*A*A...

How did you get such high predictions?
Applied here (again). How's everyone doing?
Reply 748
Original post by carl_senior

Hey, how far did you get in the application process last year?
Reply 749

I thought you got in last year. :eek: Anyways good luck.
Original post by Besakt
How did you get such high predictions?

to be honest im not really sure. I though they would predict me AAA but as im finding chem and maths really easy this year they predicted me A* in each of them. its unlikely ill get an A* in chem though... :redface:
Original post by cobra2k10

They're brilliant grades! :smile: What you worried about?

Hey :smile: Not bad now that the applications sent off. How are you doing?

Good luck :smile: , did you get an interview last year? What did you learn from the process last time?
good luck to everyone who has had their applications sent off....

I still remember how crap the long ass wait was, but then how good it was to get an interview.....and then how I practically crapped myself in the interview and said "I don't know to about half the questions"....and then how happy I was when I got the offer....

in hindsight....all the stresssing was for nothing, as whatever the outcome will be for you, whether you stress or not makes no difference.....so just hope for the best and try to forget about it....(and DO NOT LOOK AT ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE GETTING INTERVIEWS AND OFFERS BEFORE YOU AS YOU ARE BM6, AND THEREFORE PROCESSING YOU TAKES LONGER)
Reply 754
Original post by infernalcradle
good luck to everyone who has had their applications sent off....

I still remember how crap the long ass wait was, but then how good it was to get an interview.....and then how I practically crapped myself in the interview and said "I don't know to about half the questions"....and then how happy I was when I got the offer....

in hindsight....all the stresssing was for nothing, as whatever the outcome will be for you, whether you stress or not makes no difference.....so just hope for the best and try to forget about it....(and DO NOT LOOK AT ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE GETTING INTERVIEWS AND OFFERS BEFORE YOU AS YOU ARE BM6, AND THEREFORE PROCESSING YOU TAKES LONGER)

About what time did you get your interview?
Original post by Besakt
About what time did you get your interview?

I was one of the first to be interviewed on the 18th jan....

but there are people on the course who were literally some of the last people to get interviewed.....so WHEN you get interviewed means nothing
Reply 756

but there are people on the course who were literally some of the last people to get interviewed.....so WHEN you get interviewed means nothing

Oh I know, I just wanted to know around what time I will be looking to wait for replied till.
Reply 757

Hows the course going?!:biggrin:
January will be here soon anyway :smile:

So lets create a time line of events

October 15-UCAS Deadline
November-They ask for evidence you meet the additional criteria(i think)
December-Worry/revise for Jan exams
January-Interviews begin
Feb-????????
March:Jan results come out

feel free to add anything else

Heiya there! I remembered you helped me alot when I was asking you about the requirements for Med school just wanna say congrats on getting into Med school :smile:!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending