The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone,
Now that all those who are applying to Cam have done so, can I ask who is applying to Sidney Sussex ?
If you are applying to Sidney Sussex then please post your GCSE's/ AS subjects and UMS along with predictions below so we can all get a feel of the competition we are facing.
I'll start off:
8 A*/A and and 2 other lower grades at GCSE.
Maths 95%+
Econ 95%+
Physics 92%+
Chem 90%+
Predicted 4A*'s
feel free to be more detailed than I have been, I just don't want to post all my academic info until after offers/rejections.

Edit: What is wrong with this post ?
yingyang (who posted below) I don't get your comment? is it a pun intended on Sidney SusSEX or is there something wrong with wanting to see the competition I am facing ?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3981
Original post by economyst
Hey everyone,
Now that all those who are applying to Cam have done so, can I ask who is applying to Sidney Sussex ?
If you are applying to Sidney Sussex then please post your GCSE's/ AS subjects and UMS along with predictions below so we can all get a feel of the competition we are facing.
I'll start off:
Maths 95%+
Econ 95%+
Physics 92%+
Chem 90%+
Predicted 4A*'s
feel free to be more detailed than I have been, I just don't want to post all my academic info until after offers/rejections.

someone needs to get laid
Original post by YingYang

:rofl:
Original post by YingYang

Could you explain ?
Hi all,
I'm not sure about my last choice. Hesitating between st andrews and LSE. LSE is probably better but it cost much more since I'm an EU student and London is quite expensive. Do you think it worth applying to LSE??
lol, I don't get why people waste there time doing this..
Besides I asked for an explanation and not a definition
lol, I don't get why people waste there time doing this..
Besides I asked for an explanation and not a definition

Well if you're going to get fussy about specifics it should be "their".

My guess is that it has stirred some envy.
Reply 3989
Hey everyone,
I'll start off:
Maths 95%+
Econ 95%+
Physics 92%+
Chem 90%+
Predicted 4A*'s

yingyang (who posted below) I don't get your comment? is it a pun intended on Sidney SusSEX or is there something wrong with wanting to see the competition I am facing ?

Maybe try the Cambridge Applicants thread? You can also check out the stalking page
Reply 3990
For anyone interested: last year the first Warwick offers came around 11th November, UCL's came around 11th November and LSE's 23rd November.
Original post by alex_hk90
My guess is that it has stirred some envy.

hmm, but those GCSE's aren't that strong and those UMS are quite poor relative to other Cam applicants and not really worth envy.
Many people post their UMS on here and don't get that many neg regs.

Is there seriously something wrong with trying to see my competition, I mean is it something that is disliked on TSR or what ?

Also, on the Cambridge stalk page, do you reckon that people put down fake colleges to try and mislead others. EG I could make up some more accounts, sign myself up for Homerton with excellen GCSE's/UMS just to put others off of applying there ?
Original post by Groat
For anyone interested: last year the first Warwick offers came around 11th November, UCL's came around 11th November and LSE's 23rd November.

Thanks so much ! :smile:
Reply 3993
hmm, but those GCSE's aren't that strong and those UMS are quite poor relative to other Cam applicants and not really worth envy.

Is there seriously something wrong with trying to see my competition, I mean is it something that is disliked on TSR or what ?

Also, on the Cambridge stalk page, do you reckon that people put down fake colleges to try and mislead others. EG I could make up some more accounts, sign myself up for Homerton with excellen GCSE's/UMS just to put others off of applying there ?

I think people disliked the fact that you're asking everyone to post their UMS for the benefit of you knowing what the competition is like. I'm not sure why you want to know - there will be loads of people outside of TSR applying to Sidney Sussex.

Also, how can you have 95%+, 94%+ percent rather than 95% and 94%?

I don't think 94% (top three) and 93% (top four) is poor at all.
(edited 12 years ago)

I'm guessing that those UMS are pretty high compared to most applicants on this thread though, and I doubt you're just applying to Cambridge so many people will be your competition.

Well no, but I can see why someone who is your competition and has lower grades might be a little annoyed.

I didn't even know about such a page, but I wouldn't put it past people to try to play games like that.
Doing it for some and not others probably wouldn't have come across well.

That's a good point :smile: But tbh, I would happily have entered all of them if I had known as I got good UMS scores :smile: (I don't want to sound too cocky here lol)

Should've done more research on this I suppose but in material that I accessed to guide me through filling out my UCAS form, I'm fairly certain that there was no mention that this could be done! Meh. :smile:

Also, being a bit nosey, I see you're currently studying Chinese at Qinghua university - what is that like!? It sounds amazing!! I am really interested in going to learn Chinese intensively on a gap year as I love China and Chinese culture!
Original post by conzag123
Also, being a bit nosey, I see you're currently studying Chinese at Qinghua university - what is that like!? It sounds amazing!! I am really interested in going to learn Chinese intensively on a gap year as I love China and Chinese culture!

It's a lot of work (every weekday I have 6 hours of tutorials/classes and then up to a few hours of homework after that, to prepare for daily tests) but it is actually quite fun and I'm really enjoying living in Beijing. :smile:
It's a lot of work (every weekday I have 6 hours of tutorials/classes and then up to a few hours of homework after that, to prepare for daily tests) but it is actually quite fun and I'm really enjoying living in Beijing. :smile:

Shows the difference in education between here and China....

Btw, thank you for checking over my personal statement, I'm aiming to send off my UCAS tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 3998
Original post by jamiepango
Shows the difference in education between here and China....

Btw, thank you for checking over my personal statement, I'm aiming to send off my UCAS tomorrow :biggrin:

Good luck :biggrin: Hopefully see you at Bath :wink:
Original post by Tateco
Good luck :biggrin: Hopefully see you at Bath :wink:

Thanks! You sent yours a couple of days ago right? Good Luck!

Haha that would be insane, obviously if you get into Cambridge that'll be even more awesome :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending