The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LtCommanderData
..Have you unmasked many TSR people, then?

No, just a couple at my own college; TSR hasn't really been that popular at Mansfield all along.
Reply 4301
Dress code for an event is "blazer and tie" - I have only casual or suit, not that kind of in between thing!
and yet the wine and cheese sound appealing, right?
Sooo, tonight it's time for 'my big fat gypsy bop'...
Original post by thurin
Dress code for an event is "blazer and tie" - I have only casual or suit, not that kind of in between thing!

Suit jacket, shirt, tie with normal (ie non-suit) trousers?
Reply 4305
Currently doing a maths problem sheet while dressed as a cowboy. I think I'm going to enjoy Oxford.
Reply 4306
Original post by LtCommanderData
Suit jacket, shirt, tie with normal (ie non-suit) trousers?

Tried it, couldn't make it work (with shoes as well), but a suit would've done.
Turns out its battled on the door, best not, got my mini-statement through tonight :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Tragically, after a long summer, it appears that Mondays are about to become once again very significant.

Conversely, at least the weekends might be a bit special again!
:hifro::littleangel::ninjagirl::woohoo:
black velvet ribbon bow tomorrow with flappy gown thingy
Reply 4309
English breakfast with wine in subfusc with gowns and caps this morning. Today is so great.
Ahem: am now a matriculated official student
My brother " Oh have you enrolled then, finally?":smile::rolleyes:
Reply 4311
My Facebook doesn't seem to like change; it's been giving me the same three notifications since yesterday and refuses to acknowledge my new besubfusced profile picture. It's grudgingly allowed my status in Latin though ("Daniel scit in Matriculam Universitatis hodie relatum esse, et ad observandum omnia Statuta Universitatis Oxoniensis, quantum ad se spectent, teneri."). :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
Yesterday was the best day so far. So good.
Original post by soutioirsim
Yesterday was the best day so far. So good.

Yes it was. After matriculation the Trinitarians went for a pub lunch and then spent the day lazing on the back lawns, listening to music and drinking.... a beautiful respite..... (The weather was pleasant too!)
Original post by qwertyuiop1993
Yes it was. After matriculation the Trinitarians went for a pub lunch and then spent the day lazing on the back lawns, listening to music and drinking.... a beautiful respite..... (The weather was pleasant too!)

So refined. Queen's dressed up as school children and went on a pub crawl xD
Original post by qwertyuiop1993

Nice, we went down to christ church meadow and started drinking on the lawn there. Then when we were quite drunk we ended up going into christ church and dicking around :tongue:
Original post by soutioirsim
Nice, we went down to christ church meadow and started drinking on the lawn there. Then when we were quite drunk we ended up going into christ church and dicking around :tongue:

Been doing that excessively over the 2 weeks. I have an absolute disdain for that place ever since I was asked to show my bod card to enter (uncannily similar to a bouncer at a club)
Original post by Nag o ma Scylla
Not all of us ... I did my laundry :ninja:

(and it was so complicated I'm glad I scheduled the whole afternoon for it)

I've just realised I know who you are! :smile:
I've got to do some washing now... why is it SO expensive? I'm totally giving up on the idea of doing a seperate whites wash, it'll bankrupt me.
Original post by riotgrrl
I've just realised I know who you are! :smile:
I've got to do some washing now... why is it SO expensive? I'm totally giving up on the idea of doing a seperate whites wash, it'll bankrupt me.

I only have one white shirt with me (and maybe one or two t-shirts)... I don't have to wear the white shirt very often but obviously I am gonna have to wash it, so I'm not really sure what to do. May see if anyone else at my college has too few white things to justify a whole load on their own and split the cost or something.
Reply 4319
I just wash everything as colours, saves a lot of effort and you can't really tell the difference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending