The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

This is my second time applying through UCAS. First time was in 2010 and I recieved 5 offers within a week of applying. It has now been a week and no offers, so now I'm starting to feel the excitement/nervousness :tongue: I never got the chance to last time! I'm not sure whether I like it or not :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 221
Original post by brokenlogic18
This is my second time applying through UCAS. First time was in 2010 and I recieved 5 offers within a week of applying. It has now been a week and no offers, so now I'm starting to feel the excitement/nervousness :tongue: I never got the chance to last time! I'm not sure whether I like it or not :tongue:

What are you applying for and where are you applying this time around? :smile:
the waiting is slowly killing me. everytime i check an email i get so excited and it's something like a voucher :|
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
the waiting is slowly killing me. everytime i check an email i get so excited and it's something like a voucher :|

I know right? xD

which Oxford college btw??

Haha same! Keep getting emails from Youtube, Sky etc. it's driving me mad :eek:

Well, vouchers can be nice...:frown:
Reply 226

Me too. I hate getting newsletters which I should have unsubscribed from long ago...
Original post by desy.kris
I know right? xD

which Oxford college btw??

Worcester :smile:
Original post by bekylouisex3
Haha same! Keep getting emails from Youtube, Sky etc. it's driving me mad :eek:

hahaha me too, so many stupid websites that i don't even remember signing up for are choosing now to send me spam. when i do actually get an email saying ucas has updated i might have a heart attack.
Reply 229
Has anyone received info from the college or hall? I'm burning with curiosity...
lol I have two email addresses, one that I use to register to websites (so I have hundreds of spam in it) and one that I use for formal purposes including UCAS. well actually there is one more for personal emails :P
Reply 231

So, did you not accept any of those 5 offers?
Reply 232
I got an offer from Liverpool on the 11th Oct, so exciting! Now waiting for the rest to come through...
Reply 233
Original post by cinquee
I got an offer from Liverpool on the 11th Oct, so exciting! Now waiting for the rest to come through...

When did you send off the app? Just curious 'cause I'm applying to Liverpool too :smile:
Original post by wren94
What are you applying for and where are you applying this time around? :smile:

I'm applying for Accounting and Finance at Keele, Kent, Oxford Brookes and Northumbria, and Accounting, Business Finance and Management at York :smile:

Original post by mpc1
So, did you not accept any of those 5 offers?

Yes I did. I firmed York for Physics with Astrophysics and started the first year. I left though, it basically wasn't for me. I find physics very interesting but I can't quite cut it academically. Glad I realised that early enough!

Anyway I'm doing an accounting diploma now to compliment my A-levels. All the universities I've applied for have told me I'm likely to receive an offer so I'm gonna happily work on that assumption :cool:
Reply 235
I'm applying for Accounting and Finance at Keele, Kent, Oxford Brookes and Northumbria, and Accounting, Business Finance and Management at York :smile:

Yes I did. I firmed York for Physics with Astrophysics and started the first year. I left though, it basically wasn't for me. I find physics very interesting but I can't quite cut it academically. Glad I realised that early enough!

Anyway I'm doing an accounting diploma now to compliment my A-levels. All the universities I've applied for have told me I'm likely to receive an offer so I'm gonna happily work on that assumption :cool:

Quite a change then! Good luck though; I'm sure you'll get offers in no time :smile:
Original post by wren94
Quite a change then! Good luck though; I'm sure you'll get offers in no time :smile:

Quite! But a change that's best for me I think. No point spending three years in uni doing something you're not really passionate about just to get a bad degree mark :tongue: I feel a lot more focused in my goals now.

As for my offers, since I'm applying with an alternative qualification (AAT diploma) I'm expecting they'll hold back on giving me an offer too soon and see how many traditional (A level, IB, Higher etc) candidates they're getting first.
Reply 237
Quite! But a change that's best for me I think. No point spending three years in uni doing something you're not really passionate about just to get a bad degree mark :tongue: I feel a lot more focused in my goals now.

As for my offers, since I'm applying with an alternative qualification (AAT diploma) I'm expecting they'll hold back on giving me an offer too soon and see how many traditional (A level, IB, Higher etc) candidates they're getting first.

Too true :smile: and even though you already have A-levels?
Original post by wren94
Too true :smile: and even though you already have A-levels?

Yeah my A-levels are BBC which I don't think is bad at all, I could get into a lot of universities with those grades, but I've got my sights set a little higher so I'm expecting some conditional offers asking me to pass my diploma. I'll probably firm them and then I'm expecting at least one unconditional offer which I will make my insurance. Of course this is all hypothetical atm :tongue:
Reply 239
If anyone's interested in response times for Bath: my application was sent off 6th Oct and I got a reply 14th Oct :smile:

Now just have to wait for the others...:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest