The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

my form was submitted yesterday at 9 in the morning, and still hasn't been processed. should i be concerned?
Original post by laurie:)
my form was submitted yesterday at 9 in the morning, and still hasn't been processed. should i be concerned?

Nope.

They've received it, it takes around 2 days to process, and would be longer now anyway as it's probably when the bulk of applications have been received.
Posted this on another thread, but got no response, so here it is again :smile:

I've already submitted my UCAS form, but after talking to others, I'm a little bit worried about my history unit grades as I got a C in one of my modules (A overall) and despite dropping it, I have been told that universities are looking for weak points in your application and that the C may jeopardize any offers. Does anyone here know if that is particularly true?
Reply 8103
Original post by HeldAtNeedlepoint.
I'm applying to the same universities as you! But instead of Keele, I've applied to Sheffield. Manchester is my first choice tho. Good luck!

thats great! i wanted to apply to sheffield but my ukcat weren't good enough unfornately :smile: liverpool is my first choice :') hopefully we'll get our offers :biggrin: good luck too!
Original post by confused dot com

I've already submitted my UCAS form, but after talking to others, I'm a little bit worried about my history unit grades as I got a C in one of my modules (A overall) and despite dropping it, I have been told that universities are looking for weak points in your application and that the C may jeopardize any offers. Does anyone here know if that is particularly true?

If you haven't included your modular grades, they have no way of finding out.
Original post by Long Time Coming
If you haven't included your modular grades, they have no way of finding out.

My teachers told me to include my modular grades so it has gone on my UCAS :frown:

i wouldnt worry about it, youre going for medicine not classics, so theyll be interested in the more science ones :/ im sure you'll be just fine :smile: key thing, dont stress! i got a phonecall from my careers officer on the 14th saying i needed to change something, so it was so last minute! you got an a overall and its history, so it should be fine :smile:
hope all goes well for you!
Original post by Courtney.
i wouldnt worry about it, youre going for medicine not classics, so theyll be interested in the more science ones :/ im sure you'll be just fine :smile: key thing, dont stress! i got a phonecall from my careers officer on the 14th saying i needed to change something, so it was so last minute! you got an a overall and its history, so it should be fine :smile:
hope all goes well for you!

Okay, thanks for that :smile: Good luck to you too!
Okay, thanks for that :smile: Good luck to you too!

No problem :smile: and thanks! what other subjects did you do apart from history??
My teachers told me to include my modular grades so it has gone on my UCAS :frown:

ahh don't dwell on that too much. I'm not certain on how admission tutors gather all of their information, but it's pretty likely that they'd find out anyway. As long as your modules average out to around a B or an A AND you've been predicted to achieve an A for that subject, I'm sure it won't be a problem :smile:
No problem :smile: and thanks! what other subjects did you do apart from history??

Chemistry, Maths and English Lit (I have to take Bio AS this year because I messed up my year 12 options :colondollar:). What about you?
ooooohhh first acknowledgement :biggrin:
Received all four acknowledgements now :redface: I had sent mine off on the 4th though so it's about time :tongue:
Reply 8113
Sent my application away on thursday, guess it's just a waiting game now! :s-smilie:
I applied to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen. Anyone else applied for these universities?
Original post by NMx11
Sent my application away on thursday, guess it's just a waiting game now! :s-smilie:
I applied to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen. Anyone else applied for these universities?

applied to the exact same as you :colone:
Original post by tania<3
Received all four acknowledgements now :redface: I had sent mine off on the 4th though so it's about time :tongue:

I sent mine on the third, and haven't heard from three of my universities :rolleyes:
Reply 8116
Hey just wandering if anyone has been invited for interview yet? (apart from birmingham) x
Original post by Anonom.
Hey just wandering if anyone has been invited for interview yet? (apart from birmingham) x

It's a little early in the year :tongue:
Original post by laurie:)
ooooohhh first acknowledgement :biggrin:

Same here! :smile:

Where did people apply to? anyone apply to nottingham/queens campus in durham??
Same here! :smile:

Where did people apply to? anyone apply to nottingham/queens campus in durham??

im applying to newcastle, so if you got in there and i got into newcastle we'd meet up after a while :biggrin: (and nottingham but for natural sciences :tongue: )
(edited 12 years ago)