The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tateco
Not hard, just extremely dull

Ooh ok thanks, really am gonna have to start my own thread soon and leave you guys alone, it's a bit early now though methinks :tongue:
Original post by Groat
Then why not write what you got? I'm not quite understanding your motive here: you want other people to be honest so you can judge the competition, but you're being vague with your own results?

My motive (it is quite selfish):
Find out everybody else's results without giving too many of my own details so that I can get a feel of the competition.
so your spot on lol :smile:
Original post by economyst
Find out everybody else's results without giving too many of my own details so that I can get a feel of the competition.

slight understatement
Reply 4023

well you posted this in the official warwick q&a thread

Off the top of your head, did you give anyone an offer with 3A*'s a few A's and some C's ?
Original post by donzy

Lol, outed :tongue:
Reply 4025
Original post by donzy

He also posted his exact UMS in a different thread. I'm not sure where he got 95%+ from for Maths and Economics. :wizard:

The question is, which of his posts are true. The one of him saying he has 4A* at A2, or the one saying he has 4A* predictions. :beard:
(edited 12 years ago)
does anyone know how easy it would be to switch to a Mathematics & Economics Degree at Warwick or LSE if they gained admission for straight Econ?
That worries me, I am going to apply but have only 3 A*, 5A and 2C.
Although if you go on my thread called 4A*'s.... there is econight who got in with 2A* and 7A.
besides, where did you get 9 from, I heard 7 ?

exhibit A
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4028
how much to uni's pay attention to GCSE grades?
Reply 4029
Original post by max_e
how much to uni's pay attention to GCSE grades?

It depends on which uni it is really. LSE are notorious GCSE nazis, some say UCL are as well, as for the rest I don't think they hold them as that important.
Reply 4030
Original post by zxh800
It depends on which uni it is really. LSE are notorious GCSE nazis, some say UCL are as well, as for the rest I don't think they hold them as that important.

Could be worse, apparently Birmingham ask for at least 8A*s for Medicine!
Original post by Trizzle
Could be worse, apparently Birmingham ask for at least 8A*s for Medicine!

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/students/courses/undergraduate/med/medicine.aspx

they say 7A*
Original post by zxh800

Well frankly there's been proof, both from the admissions staff themselves and from past applicants that most unis in the top 10 look at GCSEs, and there's been several cases of them rejecting you cos of it.

If you have excellent predicted A levels grades, and by than I mean at least 2A*s, then GCSEs shouldn't count for much, but anything below and GCSEs may play a larger part in them deciding on whether to give you an offer...

Nottingham rejected AAA candidates over the passed few years cos of GCSEs, due to the high number of AAA applicants for the course.
The unis higher than Notts do the same, but of course most people who have amazing predictions have great GCSEs also, so the evidence can be misleading and skewed. Although the notts point still stands.

Unis will say they have so and so GCSE requirements (i.e. just an A in maths) and that they will not reject solely on GCSE grades, but that's because they're eligible to say that since they do not know the standards that this cycle will hold. But lets face it, the top 10 will be getting high-calibre applicants...but strictly speaking the admissions staff just can't make assumptions like that, and so stick by their stated entry requirements.
Reply 4033
Original post by Confused101
If you have excellent predicted A levels grades, and by than I mean at least 2A*s, then GCSEs shouldn't count for much, but anything below and GCSEs may play a larger part in them deciding on whether to give you an offer...

Agree generally with this post but what exactly are you basing this on? :lolwut:
Has anyone had an acknowledgement email/letter from Nottingham yet???
Reply 4035
Original post by Pancakeman123
Has anyone had an acknowledgement email/letter from Nottingham yet???

Nope, only one I'm waiting on.
Do you think if I applied for one PPE course then it would matter? My personal statement focuses on economics with a bit of politics but nothing on philosophy but one of my choices offers PPE and im tempted to go for it but surely theyd know not many places offer PPE?
Reply 4037
Original post by hypercaine.
Do you think if I applied for one PPE course then it would matter? My personal statement focuses on economics with a bit of politics but nothing on philosophy but one of my choices offers PPE and im tempted to go for it but surely theyd know not many places offer PPE?

Quite a few offer PPE and loads offer Economics and Politics.
Original post by Tateco
Quite a few offer PPE and loads offer Economics and Politics.

Im applying for economics and politics at 2 of my unis and then 2 straight economics and im then considering PPE.
Reply 4039
hey guys sorry for spamming this 'chat' thread with boring econ problems but i'm failing and need helps!!! please help!!!
my question is:

Consider a perfect economic supply curve, if supply decreases thus increasing the Equilibrium price and decreasing the equilibrium quantity, what effect does the goods elasticity have on the change in equilibrium and on the total spending?

Thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending