The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4040
Did anyone get the chance to go to summer schools, Saturday university, campus days, summer academies, taster courses or booster courses?
Original post by Hemzo
Did anyone get the chance to go to summer schools, Saturday university, campus days, summer academies, taster courses or booster courses?

Are you asking this because of the part on UCAS where they go 'list activities in prep for HE'?

If so, I've listed one Summer School but that was for science and engineering...
Reply 4042
Original post by -Illmatic-
Are you asking this because of the part on UCAS where they go 'list activities in prep for HE'?

If so, I've listed one Summer School but that was for science and engineering...

Yep, I didn't think they were major important, but the person who does my UCAS process says they are :s-smilie:
Original post by Hemzo
Yep, I didn't think they were major important, but the person who does my UCAS process says they are :s-smilie:

I was thinking of leaving it out as well as the SS I participated in was nothing to do with economics..perhaps someone else can shed some light on this?
Reply 4044
I was thinking of leaving it out as well as the SS I participated in was nothing to do with economics..perhaps someone else can shed some light on this?

Ah well, atleast I have my Personal Statement sorted which is the most important thing :P

Did you send your application off today?
Original post by Hemzo

Yeah i went to an economics summer school and mentioned it on my PS, and under the activities bit :smile:
Original post by Hemzo
Ah well, atleast I have my Personal Statement sorted which is the most important thing :P

Did you send your application off today?

No :redface:

I keep putting it off :colondollar: It's only because my referee is being so slow :rant:

..but he did promise me to send it off by the end of the week (by half term) :h: All the Uni's that I've called claim that they wait until a significant number of applicants have applied so no rush :smile:
Reply 4047
No :redface:

I keep putting it off :colondollar: It's only because my referee is being so slow :rant:

..but he did promise me to send it off by the end of the week (by half term) :h: All the Uni's that I've called claim that they wait until a significant number of applicants have applied so no rush :smile:

Administrative errors is slowing down mine. I'm going to be dreading the long wait for the replies after sending it off :frown:

Original post by crazy1234
Yeah i went to an economics summer school and mentioned it on my PS, and under the activities bit :smile:

Nice one crazy :smile:
Original post by Hemzo
Administrative errors is slowing down mine. I'm going to be dreading the long wait for the replies after sending it off :frown:

Where have you applied?
Reply 4049
Where have you applied?

Warwick, Bath, Nottingham, Bristol and Southampton. Yourself? :smile:
Original post by Hemzo
Warwick, Bath, Nottingham, Bristol and Southampton. Yourself? :smile:

Replace Bath with LSE :h:
Just sent my UCAS off :nutcase:
Reply 4052
Replace Bath with LSE :h:

Ah hopefully we both get our places! :smile:

Original post by jamiepango
Just sent my UCAS off :nutcase:

Good luck Jamie! :biggrin:
Original post by Hemzo

Good luck Jamie! :biggrin:

Thanks Hemzo, you too! :biggrin:
Original post by Hemzo

Yeah! Keep me updated :h:!
Has anyone got offers yet?
Reply 4056
Original post by Mousebudden

Groat and a few others recieved offers from Bath :smile:
Reply 4057
Original post by Hemzo

I haven't got any either :smile:
Reply 4058
Original post by Mousebudden

A few for Bath that sent their UCAS off a couple of weeks before the deadline (I think) :smile:
Reply 4059
Now I need to wait for my referee to sort out my application, so now I guess I just wait :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending