The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brand New Eyes
Bath acknowledged my application! :biggrin: *litte dance smiley thingy*

... so what does that mean?

That they received it :wink:
Original post by irina793
That they received it :wink:

So they havent looked at my application or anything? How do I know when they're considering it?

aha... now to decide my other 3 choices ;/
Anyone else applying to do English at Lady Margaret Hall? :smile:
Also, does anyone have any tips on how to prepare for ELAT (English Literature Admission Test)?
just found this thread :smile:

i'm applying to LMH for EP, anyone else?
Reply 7384
In the confirmation email, it mentions that there will be further details from the college by the end of October. What exactly does that mean? I won't have sat my TSA by then, so I assume it's not notification of rejection/interview...
Original post by Doojam

Original post by Doojam
In the confirmation email, it mentions that there will be further details from the college by the end of October. What exactly does that mean? I won't have sat my TSA by then, so I assume it's not notification of rejection/interview...
Maybe they means the end of November?
The HAT is making me :angry:
Reply 7387
Original post by fluteflute
Maybe they means the end of November?

Dear Megan -----,

Thank you for making an application to study Economics and Management at the University of Oxford, starting in 2012. We can confirm that you have chosen to study at Balliol College.

You should receive much more detailed and specific information from the college or hall before the end of October.

That's what I was sent.
Original post by Doojam

Mine said the same...
Original post by FuzzySheep

How are you preparing for it?
Reply 7390

Indeed:frown: I keep thinking I'm not doing too bad and then I go ever the marking schemes like oooooh heeeellllll.....
Original post by Doojam
Dear Megan -----,

Thank you for making an application to study Economics and Management at the University of Oxford, starting in 2012. We can confirm that you have chosen to study at Balliol College.

You should receive much more detailed and specific information from the college or hall before the end of October.

That's what I was sent.
Bizzare! Maybe it'll just be to send you information about the procedure, like "you're sitting the TSA next week, once that's marked we'll let you know by post/email if we have shortlisted you. If you are called for interview it will be on date blah blah, but you will only find out on date blah blah. Good luck for the TSA next week."

Original post by fudgesundae
Mine said the same...
Same college?
Original post by fluteflute
Same college?

Applied to New, I'm guessing they mean they will send me information about when they will send out invites for interview?
Original post by Doojam
Dear Megan -----,

That's what I was sent.

I received the exact same email except with a different subject and college name of course.
Original post by dnumberwang
This isn't really related but it reminded me of this old guardian article!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/oct/02/oxforduniversity

Everyone used to get drunk on a Friday night and weep. I remember students staggering over the college lawns, crying, or chasing people who were crying. The gays wouldn't come out of the closet. You knew a guy in Merton was gay only because he went to chapel more often than a straight guy, and would occasionally goose-step across the quad cuddling a bottle of tequila, shouting, "I'm not gay!" It was quite normal to see a sobbing physicist walking to the university counselling service at 2am, or a rower shaking with withdrawal from ecstasy. On Saturdays the tourists would come in and stare at us in our Brideshead zoo. We would tuck our heads under our chins, and walk on by. The dons seemed equally wretched. They were either horrible, or miserable. Their expressions screamed: "We are thwarted!"

:rofl:
Original post by spectator1993
How are you preparing for it?

Past papers and mark schemes really, just looking at the things I should be thinking about and commenting on. It's not really something we can prepare for!

Original post by caien
Indeed:frown: I keep thinking I'm not doing too bad and then I go ever the marking schemes like oooooh heeeellllll.....

Exactly the same here! So frustrating, argh,
Original post by diddums
Why do they never mention Cambridge? it's always Oxford is evil/pointless/racist/overrated etc

And a masters in oxford is not the same as an undergrad- the general consensus I thought was oxb. undergrad america for posgrad.

I'm sorry, I'm not made of money here :beard:

my plan is to stay in the uk or go to the continent
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7397
Anyone know how they mark the TSA essay?
Reply 7398
Original post by Doojam

Original post by Doojam
Dear Megan -----,

That's what I was sent.

What date did you apply? I haven't got a confirmation email yet..
Reply 7399
Original post by ohTS
What date did you apply? I haven't got a confirmation email yet..

I applied on the 12th and got my confirmation the following day.

Latest

Trending

Trending