The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a moist feeling
This is all well and good but in our flat it seems FIFA is the most important thing in our world :moon:

Second only to drinking :colone:
Reply 6141
This is all well and good but in our flat it seems FIFA is the most important thing in our world :moon:

I'm dying to play the new fifa! my flatmate doesn't like football though :facepalm:

Oh well, there's always Forza 4.. :colone:
Original post by Tech
I'm dying to play the new fifa! my flatmate doesn't like football though :facepalm:

Oh well, there's always Forza 4.. :colone:

It is really good :tongue: but induces so much rage within the flat when someone loses :rofl:

Forza 4 looks incredible :coma:
Felt some hepatosplenomegalies today :awesome:
Original post by Philosoraptor
1) The Navy has plenty of ships that don't go underwater - i.e. aircraft carriers etc :p:

2) I think he means civilian ships - I guess some longhaul cruise ships have doctors? No idea? Never been on one :p:

Yeah, the big cruise ships often have doctors - lots of rich old folks packed into one place has lots of potential to go wrong.

I vaguely know a GP who did it for a few years and frankly it sounds terrifying.
Max Pemberton spoke here tonight. 'Twas awesome. :awesome:
Reply 6146
It is really good :tongue: but induces so much rage within the flat when someone loses :rofl:

Forza 4 looks incredible :coma:

Haha yeah nothing worse than losing at FIFA :tongue:

Will let you know what Forza 4 is like, should be picking up this weekend, gfx look stunning :coma:
Original post by crazylemon
Why so terrifying.
Yes the nearest backup is 100s of miles away...

So not much different to being a remote&rural type doctor. Personally I think the idea of being trapped on a cruise ship sounds like a nightmare, but each to their own :tongue:
Original post by Helenia
Yeah, the big cruise ships often have doctors - lots of rich old folks packed into one place has lots of potential to go wrong.

I vaguely know a GP who did it for a few years and frankly it sounds terrifying.

I knew of a doctor from the US who worked short term on a cruise ship. He treats it more like a vacation. :biggrin:
Original post by Philosoraptor
1) The Navy has plenty of ships that don't go underwater - i.e. aircraft carriers etc :p:

2) I think he means civilian ships - I guess some longhaul cruise ships have doctors? No idea? Never been on one :p:

No it dosn't.
Reply 6150
Original post by Helenia

I know an ED middle grade who does it for six months at a time, loads of money but working for 183 days straight.
Original post by crazylemon
Yeah merchant navy. I would cope with navy!
Also as an aside subs are technically boats not ships

I'm applying for the navy at the moment, so I've done a fair amount of research if there was something you wanted to know!

Original post by Wangers
No it dosn't.

We have one!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Illustrious_(R06)

More on the way...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Elizabeth_class_aircraft_carrier
Original post by vertigo.0012
I'm applying for the navy at the moment, so I've done a fair amount of research if there was something you wanted to know!

We have one!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Illustrious_(R06)

More on the way...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Elizabeth_class_aircraft_carrier

I am never quite sure why the Navy get them when they're clearly for the benefit of the RAF... :confused:
First set of med applicant interviews tommorow...
Original post by gozatron
First set of med applicant interviews tommorow...

Jesus, that's early innit?
Original post by GodspeedGehenna

It's b'ham.
Exam tomorrow. :colonhash:

Trainwrecks will be prettier than this will be.

Bham...

So should i give words of encouragement or scare them?
Original post by gozatron
Bham...

So should i give words of encouragement or scare them?

Scare, deffo.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
I am never quite sure why the Navy get them when they're clearly for the benefit of the RAF... :confused:

I guess cause there's quite a big thing around the 3 working together rather than as separate entities now, so it's perhaps it's nice to get the RAF flying off of the navy's ships! Plus the navy does have it's own branch with it's own helicopters, no jets anymore though...

Latest

Trending

Trending