The Student Room Group

Selling my Prom Dress.....

I had my prom this summer (i'm in year 12 now) and i want to sell my prom dress but i don't know how much for or how to do it. It was £499 which i know is way more than needed to be spent but i loved it and i would really hate for it to go to waste but i don't know how much people would pay for it . Any ideas ??
Reply 1
You should sell it on Ebay, people will go pretty high depending on the condition and stuff! You just need to set a minimum bid of __ (something you'd be happy for it to sell for)!

Post some pics =]
Reply 2
Good idea :smile: Yeah it is in good condition so fingers crossed! >>>

Here's the dress
Reply 3
Original post by supernova99

Here's the dress

Sell it to a Quality Street enthusiast. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Einheri
Sell it to a Quality Street enthusiast. :biggrin:

**** I love you.
Reply 5
Original post by danadd9
**** I love you.

You shouldn't - I'm a prick. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Wow, I paid £45 for mine!
You could also try going to a local dress agency and/or bridal hire shop, they sometimes buy things second hand, so should at least be able to give you an estimate if you want to go down a route other than ebay.
Reply 8

Here's the dress

At first I was wondering who the hell would buy a used prom dress, but now I see this probably set you back a bit (or your parents :hmmm:).

Anyway, if that's you in the pic, PM me. :sexface:
Put it on eBay but put a reserve or starting price on of £100 or so.
Reply 10
You could also try putting an ad in your local paper maybe? That way people will be able to see it if they want/ check its condition and you won't have to pay to send it half way across the country. There are often people selling prom dresses in my local paper :smile:
Yeah put it on ebay or maybe gumtree? Put it on like end of november in time for like all the posh christmas proms.
LOVE the dress, no one dressed like that for my prom.
Reply 12
I had my prom this summer (i'm in year 12 now) and i want to sell my prom dress but i don't know how much for or how to do it. It was £499 which i know is way more than needed to be spent but i loved it and i would really hate for it to go to waste but i don't know how much people would pay for it . Any ideas ??

considering its used you wont get £500 back for it
but id put it on ebay with a reserve of about £200 or a straight out asking price of £250
and i'd specify that when you bought it it was £499..
this way people will think its a bargain and may be willing to bid a bit higher
also if you only wore it to prom specify that it was worn only once
my mum paid 450 for mine and ive tried selling it on ebay and ive put it 200 ive tried gumtree and preloved and everything idk where else to sell it any help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending