The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by G8D
Dunno, it's not something I'd really want beyond the Nexus S/Prime curve :dontknow:

I dunno, I think it has it's applications. I'm not sure if I'd want my permanent smart phone to be like that, but I'd love a watch/phone wrap around for hiking and climbing etc. that I like to do.
Original post by G8D
I can understand the uses of a foldable tablets or w/e, assuming it can be made to seamlessly fold at such an extreme angle. But then again I like having glass over my screens, which simply won't be possible with that kind of tech.

glass is a nice touch, but I'd rather have the durability that comes with AMOLED as you can see in the video above.
Original post by biffyclyro27
when do you reckon we are likely to see flexible AMOLED phones hit the market? I know it's early stages, but things move on quickly....

I hope 2012, but I heard rumour that it's could be sgs3 that have flexible thing could be true.
Can someone please help. I have HTC Legend, but its performance is so inconstistant. One minute its rapid, but next its crashing, apps are crashing and just being very slow. I deleted all unused apps, keep all my texts low and use a cache clearer. Anyone got any ideas?
Try a custom ROM? :ahee: Overclock?
Reply 6085
Original post by TheCasual

Can someone please help. I have HTC Legend, but its performance is so inconstistant. One minute its rapid, but next its crashing, apps are crashing and just being very slow. I deleted all unused apps, keep all my texts low and use a cache clearer. Anyone got any ideas?

CyanogenMod.
Original post by und
CyanogenMod.

I've no idea what that is?
Reply 6087

I've no idea what that is?

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/

It's basically a custom ROM that's based on just stock Android build from publicly available source code. It gets rid of all the Sense bloatware and might make your phone faster, but if you're not a technical person then it might be better to stay away from the business of flashing ROMs.
Flashing ROMs is hardly technical, a monkey could do it

...in fact, I did :smug:
Is it hard? :frown:
ICS going to be announced tonight :woo:
Original post by + polarity -

Much easier than some other phones I've seen. Not quite as easy as a Nexus... It's pretty straight forward unless you're unlucky.
Motorola and Samsung both have conferences today.

Xoom - First tablet with ICS?
Xoom 2.
Droid RAZR.

Nexus prime :biggrin: - First phone with ICS...

An exciting day for android fans :smile: (Hopefully....)
Nice timing this came up on the front page today, as today I will we losing my Android virginity and obtaining a Sony Erricson Xperia

I am rather excited
Let's hope it's not another half assed attempt. Google don't seem to release any product that is finished (besides Search).
Original post by G8D
The Android team seem pretty impressed with themselves over this one.

The big question for me is: Will vanilla 4.0 be a better user experience than Sense?

All the social network integration in Sense is fantastic, as are some of it's other features (Quick Settings in notification area for one) and it's widgets are just brilliant. This will be an interesting one. Still, I'll probably end up flashing Cyanogen 8 (at a guess) on my Desire S any way...
Reply 6096
anyone know how to speed up my g2 touch, maybe get rid of the tmobile bloatware? over clock it? its so laggy right now
Original post by st_23
anyone know how to speed up my g2 touch, maybe get rid of the tmobile bloatware? over clock it? its so laggy right now

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=645253

Have fun :smile:
Original post by G8D
The Android team seem pretty impressed with themselves over this one.

If it isn't polished enough, we'll hear the same old excuses; "it's a work in progress.." or "download this ROM" or "this program" then you'll have an awesome setup. I think we are all expecting a major UI upgrade. I sure hope they deliver.
Reply 6099
Original post by + polarity -

To be honest I found S-OFFing my Desire only about as hard as rooting my Galaxy S II. It's really easy with AlphaRev in a virtual machine.

Latest

Trending

Trending