The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnimalSpirit
:stomp: Aarggh... I just typed Oxford in the search function of my gmail - I have had my acknowledgement for four days.. FOUR DAYS.. It was stuck in the spam filter :mad:

And by the way:

"Thank you for making an application to study Economics and Management at the University of Oxford, starting in 2012. We can confirm that you have chosen to study at Brasenose College." :cool: enjoying it
I wonder when I will get mine D:
Original post by desy.kris
I wonder when I will get mine D:

I'm sure they're getting round to us... :frown:
but I wish it would hurry up!

When it comes I am going to dance on the roof :biggrin:
Until then I will distract myself with my mock MLAT.
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm studying Chemistry as we speak... my internal exams will start in 3 hours but I have only started studying like an hour ago... and I can't resist checking my email once in a while. I don't know why but I never really studied for Chemistry exams..... -__- yet still get good marks ;D
Original post by Banoffeepie16
I'm sure they're getting round to us... :frown:
but I wish it would hurry up!

When it comes I am going to dance on the roof :biggrin:
Until then I will distract myself with my mock MLAT.

Que lengua?
Reply 7465
I got 74% on my first attempt at a TSA. In the grand scheme of things, is that good/bad/average?
And by the way:

"Thank you for making an application to study Economics and Management at the University of Oxford, starting in 2012. We can confirm that you have chosen to study at Brasenose College." :cool: enjoying it

When I read mine I thought at first that it said "We can confirm that you have been chosen to study at Christ Church.", I nearly had a heart attack! Just a little bit gutted when I realized that it was not an offer :')
Original post by such_a_lady
Que lengua?

Español :smile:
No medbh, not within the hour :frown: ah well....
On a cheerful note, an admissions tutor once told me that when they put all the offers in the post, they all leave for Christmas so that they can avoid answering the phones, because all they get for the next few days is sobbing.
On a cheerful note, an admissions tutor once told me that when they put all the offers in the post, they all leave for Christmas so that they can avoid answering the phones, because all they get for the next few days is sobbing.

...thanks, Jenny :tongue:

Go back to your subjunctive and stop scaring me :tongue:
Original post by desy.kris
I do not exist in their eyes...yet :frown:

Awwww! It'll come soon enough. Don't fret :smile:
...thanks, Jenny :tongue:

Go back to your subjunctive and stop scaring me :tongue:

:awesome:

... back to grammar! :yeah:

:stupido:
:awesome:

... back to grammar! :yeah:

:stupido:

How's it going?
How's it going?

Not too bad I suppose, I've made a list of all the things I want to perfect/learn by using the past paper and online resources, so I'm just working my way through my grammar book really. Then I think I'm going to try a 'mock' paper without any reference materials to check if it's all sinking in/which areas I need to work on.

How's your grammar/preparation going? Have you finished the essays to send? :smile:
How are a lot of you doing 6 A-levels?
Reply 7476
:stomp: Aarggh... I just typed Oxford in the search function of my gmail - I have had my acknowledgement for four days.. FOUR DAYS.. It was stuck in the spam filter :mad:

Same here, but mine has been there for 11 days:mad:
Original post by Neopolitan Girl
When I read mine I thought at first that it said "We can confirm that you have been chosen to study at Christ Church.", I nearly had a heart attack! Just a little bit gutted when I realized that it was not an offer :')

I applied to Christ Church too! Geography - that's what's up.
Hey guys! I just paid a pound to get access to The Times' online, and their education section has a lot of information regarding Oxbridge which I found extremely helpful. It's really inexpensive, and after a month it only costs two pounds/week for access. It's worth it! :biggrin:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/education/

/wow this sounds like an advertisement
Original post by punctuation
Hey guys! I just paid a pound to get access to The Times' online, and their education section has a lot of information regarding Oxbridge which I found extremely helpful. It's really inexpensive, and after a month it only costs two pounds/week for access. It's worth it! :biggrin:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/education/

/wow this sounds like an advertisement

what kind of information do they provide? stats? tips for getting in?

Latest

Trending

Trending