The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

I gotta go see The Lion King 3D. I love that film, to the point of making an exception due to the fact I don't like 3D films :colondollar:
Original post by CrazySugarRabbit
I gotta go see The Lion King 3D. I love that film, to the point of making an exception due to the fact I don't like 3D films :colondollar:

I was going to go see it following on from your and Abiraleft's recommendation but no one else wanted to see it with me. It being something they had already seen 'numerous times'. :ashamed2:
Reply 4582
Still listening to the Drive soundtrack. Great choice going with Kavinsky:

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4583
Finished watching Brazil. Strangely had a massive impact on me, also didn't know whether to think the ending was extremely sad and disturbing, or quite positive (under the cirumstances)
I joined the Film Society at my Uni. The first screening was of The Royal Tenenbaums. Two other people showed up. I am dissappoint :sigh:
The Duellists is great. Ah, Ridley Scott, you used to be so good. :frown:

Also saw Captain America. Really don't like Captain America as a superhero, but I was impressed. It's finally happened. A good Joe Johnston film. Praise be.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I was going to go see it following on from your and Abiraleft's recommendation but no one else wanted to see it with me. It being something they had already seen 'numerous times'. :ashamed2:

I think it's quite a popular movie...people have seen it enough times to stop watching it. But I still like it :biggrin:
Original post by Kolya
Still listening to the Drive soundtrack. Great choice going with Kavinsky

Was it really....? 80's music for a film set in the modern day?

Film was decent, but that score left me :confused:
Watched the film of Death In Venice. Not my cup of tea, but a well shot film. Also, it helps that it's faithful to the book, as now I do not have to read it.
Watched Horrible Bosses yesterday - I didn't really want to because (a) US comedies seem to be more miss than hit at the moment, and (b) all the comparisons to (and clais that it was a modern remake of) Strangers on a Train annoyed me as even from reading spoiler-free reviews it was obvious the films was nothing like it.

Anyway I was wrong as it was actually pretty good. The jokes were funny, the cast were brilliant, and it was well paced (it didn't appear to have any of the excruciating padding scenes that a lot of comedies seem to put in as they don't have enough material to fill the running time.). The film works on having a great cast and actual gags (rather than just awkward situations/bodily functions that most of the post-Farrelly brothers comedies try and work on).
Special mention should go to Kevin Spacey for once again proving that he can be a great psycho

Spoiler

and Jamie Foxx as Mother****er Jones.

I know I didn't really need to post a review, but I'm so surprised I enjoyed it that I just needed to get it out my system...
Reply 4590
Original post by Sonny_J_D
Watched Horrible Bosses yesterday - I didn't really want to because (a) US comedies seem to be more miss than hit at the moment, and (b) all the comparisons to (and clais that it was a modern remake of) Strangers on a Train annoyed me as even from reading spoiler-free reviews it was obvious the films was nothing like it.

Anyway I was wrong as it was actually pretty good. The jokes were funny, the cast were brilliant, and it was well paced (it didn't appear to have any of the excruciating padding scenes that a lot of comedies seem to put in as they don't have enough material to fill the running time.). The film works on having a great cast and actual gags (rather than just awkward situations/bodily functions that most of the post-Farrelly brothers comedies try and work on).
Special mention should go to Kevin Spacey for once again proving that he can be a great psycho

Spoiler

and Jamie Foxx as Mother****er Jones.

I know I didn't really need to post a review, but I'm so surprised I enjoyed it that I just needed to get it out my system...

If you really 'need to get it out of your system', you could always use this thread. :biggrin:
Reply 4591
I have beef with trailer for the new version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Making Lisbeth out to be such a huge lesbian is really annoying for people who have read the book and know that the fact she sometimes sleeps with women is covered in about two paragraphs of the whole book.
(edited 12 years ago)
Watched Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. Was a bit mediocre, a couple of shock moments, but the CGI was stupid.
Original post by Abiraleft
If you really 'need to get it out of your system', you could always use this thread. :biggrin:

I didn't know that thread existed... :colondollar:
It saddens me that there are people that refuse to watch films with subtitles.
Reply 4595

It saddens me even more that people refuse to watch 'old films', i.e. anything made before the year of their birth. :colonhash:
I'm going to buy Inception on DVD. Never meant to wait this long! I remember it was almost torture waiting for it to be released.
Probably one of the best cinema experiences I've ever had.

I love this trailer

I grew up with subtitles (everything is subtitled here). Though I do agree.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4597

It saddens me that they're remaking Troll Hunter because people refuse to watch films with subtitles.
Original post by aja89
It saddens me even more that people refuse to watch 'old films', i.e. anything made before the year of their birth. :colonhash:

Most of the films I like were made before I was born. That's why I prefer these sorts of films like Back To The Future and Who Framed Roger Rabbit. More modern films seem to overdo it with the special effects and blowing up of everything.
Reply 4599
It saddens me that.... ah, oh sod it. :colonhash:

Anyway, I watched Drive. I'm unsure exactly what to think of it. Most of the movie, I was alternating between 'this movie is fantastic' and 'eh, that's a bit odd...'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending