The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bella Occhi
I've no idea :/ I don't think they wouldn't let you in at all, but you should bring all the info on the form written down and your passport or other ID so you could maybe fill one out there and then? As for passport photos, go to a booth in town and get some done.

I'm going to do the photos, it's just I wish I hadn't thrown the old ones out. :/
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Teh User
I'm going to do the photos, it's just I wish I hadn't thrown the old ones out. :/

You live and learn, eh :console:
(edited 12 years ago)
Do you think you can use older passport photos? Ones of you from around 4 years ago?
Original post by jackbutler1000
Do you think you can use older passport photos? Ones of you from around 4 years ago?

These were a few months old, as long as you look the same without any aging you should be fine.
My hairs a lot longer in those old photos though that's the thing..
Reply 1305
Original post by Bella Occhi
Essential Information Form - find it by going through the accommodation eIntro :smile:

Thank you very much! ^_^
How is everyone getting on? :h:
Loving life in Leeds. :smile:
Reply 1308
Hey guys. Due to an unpredictable situation, I am missing the freshers week. I'm just really worried about people not knowing me when I turn up. I know freshers week is essential for making friends at uni. Do you reckon I will have any problems making them if I miss it? I'm just nervous about the whole situation and stuff...
Reply 1309
Original post by Rommari
Hey guys. Due to an unpredictable situation, I am missing the freshers week. I'm just really worried about people not knowing me when I turn up. I know freshers week is essential for making friends at uni. Do you reckon I will have any problems making them if I miss it? I'm just nervous about the whole situation and stuff...

Freshers Week is not essential for making friends at uni, it may be helpful for making friends, but its not essential. Virtually all of the friends I made last year, I met after freshers.
Reply 1310
Original post by Gemini92
Freshers Week is not essential for making friends at uni, it may be helpful for making friends, but its not essential. Virtually all of the friends I made last year, I met after freshers.

Thank you. I am just worried about no one knowing who I am. But thanks, this is kind of reassuring :')
Original post by Rommari

It's not essential. Most of the people I've met, I've met outside Fresher's parties.
Original post by Muffinz
It's not essential. Most of the people I've met, I've met outside Fresher's parties.

Hi! I remember you took a gap year last year and did some resits too? Anyway, I'm hoping you can give some advice on this, I'm applying to Leeds for Medical Biochemistry, their entry requirements are in the range of AAA-BBB, since I've already achieved BBB and an A in AS economics now and hoping to achieve A*A*(B) not resitting the B in the biology and my predicted grades still haven't been confirmed, but I will obviously be predicted minimum AA (B). So, do you think it's risky applying to Leeds? I emailed them whether it would mean I have already meet their entry requirements or would still have to do resits in order to be considered/to meet their offer.

Leeds replied back that they will make an offer based on personal statement/reference/predicted grades etc, but didn't really answer my question. I've tried to contact them lots of time regarding this..

Anyway, do you think it's risky applying to Leeds? Thanks
Original post by Phenylethylamine_
Anyway, do you think it's risky applying to Leeds? Thanks

Leeds are generally quite positive about resits so you should be fine :smile:
Original post by Muffinz
Leeds are generally quite positive about resits so you should be fine :smile:

Ahh okay. I'm just thinking because it's such a broad entry requirement, from AAA-BBB :s-smilie: I've already achieved BBB, do you reckon they will give me a higher offer? Sorry, I know you're not an admissions tutor or something, but I'm just scared to apply because of their entry requirements.

Did you get an offer from Leeds upon resitting? :smile:
Ahh okay. I'm just thinking because it's such a broad entry requirement, from AAA-BBB :s-smilie: I've already achieved BBB, do you reckon they will give me a higher offer? Sorry, I know you're not an admissions tutor or something, but I'm just scared to apply because of their entry requirements.

Did you get an offer from Leeds upon resitting? :smile:

I actually had my grades for Leeds when I applied, but resat one of my modules in order to up my grades for other unis. There are people on TSR who got offers following resits though, one of the girls I know had A*AB(English Lit) and needed to resit the English to meet her offer for Leeds, and she got in so happy days!

I don't know about the offer range to be honest. I think sincwe you're on the lower boundary you're unlikely to be given too high an offer, but they probably make lower offers to people they find more appealing due to their PS. Just don't worry about it too much, apply, prepare for your exams and enjoy your gap year, okay? :biggrin:
Original post by Muffinz
I actually had my grades for Leeds when I applied, but resat one of my modules in order to up my grades for other unis. There are people on TSR who got offers following resits though, one of the girls I know had A*AB(English Lit) and needed to resit the English to meet her offer for Leeds, and she got in so happy days!

I don't know about the offer range to be honest. I think sincwe you're on the lower boundary you're unlikely to be given too high an offer, but they probably make lower offers to people they find more appealing due to their PS. Just don't worry about it too much, apply, prepare for your exams and enjoy your gap year, okay? :biggrin:

Hmm..yeah I guess, last year, the entry requirements for the course was AAB - BBB, so they've increased it to AAA-BBB. Thanks for all your advice :wink:

I hope you don't mind, but would you have a read of my personal statement? I just want to know if sounds generally good enough..I know it's not your field of study, but just wondering if you could give it a go? I haven't had many people read it because I'm out of school etc :/ It's also due in tomorrow :rolleyes:
Hmm..yeah I guess, last year, the entry requirements for the course was AAB - BBB, so they've increased it to AAA-BBB. Thanks for all your advice :wink:

I hope you don't mind, but would you have a read of my personal statement? I just want to know if sounds generally good enough..I know it's not your field of study, but just wondering if you could give it a go? I haven't had many people read it because I'm out of school etc :/ It's also due in tomorrow :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I went to bed! PM me it soon and I'll proof read it quickly tho x (I'll be gone at 10:30)
I haven't heard anything from Leeds or Southampton yet! I've applied to do Children's Nursing :smile: Has anyone else applied for this too?
Original post by Hannah-xo
I haven't heard anything from Leeds or Southampton yet! I've applied to do Children's Nursing :smile: Has anyone else applied for this too?

Use this thread. :smile:

Latest