The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doctor.
haha same ! :smile:

I know! :/ the wait is going to kill me.
Original post by twelve
You go into track and there's a bit of red text at the bottom that says add choice :smile:

I'm thinking of applying for medical genetics at Sheffield - love the university, and its a good one, and the best part of that course is that I can basically change to all sorts of molecular biosciences at the end of the first year since they all start off the same :smile:

That's my fifth choice too.
Are you applying for the three year bachelors or the 4 year MBioSci?
Original post by Harbour Seal
I know! :/ the wait is going to kill me.

Probably more if I don't get in :frown: :frown:
Original post by Doctor.
Probably more if I don't get in :frown: :frown:

Och, we survived one year of rejections didn't we?
Reply 4424
my old i.d wont work guys...i can log into apply but not track. why do i feel sick all of a sudden?
Reply 4425
plus i still havent received a confirmation from a single uni...:frown:
Original post by b-beauty

Don't worry UCAs can be a little stupid and take ages to send out the application :smile:

You did send it in right? :eek:
Reply 4427
Original post by Doctor.
Don't worry UCAs can be a little stupid and take ages to send out the application :smile:

You did send it in right? :eek:

Oh God yes! At 17.41hrs on the 15-10-2011 to be exact!
Original post by kingme
what now?

How do you mean?
Reply 4429
Original post by joemullally
That's my fifth choice too.
Are you applying for the three year bachelors or the 4 year MBioSci?

I went for the 3 year. Mostly just cause I can add the fourth year on if I want to, or do a Masters somewhere else if I decide that. Tbh, I can't say that I'm certain I'd end up doing medical genetics. The fact that I can change after the first year means that it doesn't matter so much what I choose now :smile: Did you choose 3 or 4 year?
Original post by twelve
I went for the 3 year. Mostly just cause I can add the fourth year on if I want to, or do a Masters somewhere else if I decide that. Tbh, I can't say that I'm certain I'd end up doing medical genetics. The fact that I can change after the first year means that it doesn't matter so much what I choose now :smile: Did you choose 3 or 4 year?

The four year, I reckon people will go for the three year more in case they don't make the grades and therefore it may be more competitive?
I love my genetics though and would be perfectly happy doing that in sheffield if it didn't work out on the med front.
Reply 4431
The four year, I reckon people will go for the three year more in case they don't make the grades and therefore it may be more competitive?
I love my genetics though and would be perfectly happy doing that in sheffield if it didn't work out on the med front.

Sheffield is my one true love tbh <3
Reply 4432
Original post by Tinth
Sheffield is my one true love tbh &lt;3

Original post by twelve
You go into track and there's a bit of red text at the bottom that says add choice :smile:

I'm thinking of applying for medical genetics at Sheffield - love the university, and its a good one, and the best part of that course is that I can basically change to all sorts of molecular biosciences at the end of the first year since they all start off the same :smile:

Me likes. :biggrin:
Original post by Vulpes
Me likes. :biggrin:

I applied there too.
Where's my love? :P
Reply 4434
I applied there too.
Where's my love? :P

After i get cornetto :tongue:

Hahaha jks. I like your choices too! :biggrin:
Reply 4435
Has anyone heard from anywhere yet?!
Reply 4436
Original post by cheeri-o

Just Glasgow. But I'm getting worried that I haven't heard from St Andrews yet :s-smilie:
Reply 4437
Original post by b-beauty

Original post by cheeri-o

Hmm... probably depends where you've applied

I've received confirmation emails from Liverpool, Kings and UEA.

Although in the end my school didn't predict me an A* and an A, so UEA is already a rejection :redface:

Original post by Doctor.
Sweet, I'm applying Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds (for the lols) and St Andrews......I think :P

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4438
Out of curiosity, how many other people are resitting something in January? and how many modules?

I'm resitting 5 in January. Fun times :s-smilie:

Part of me thinks my application is verging on hopeless because i'm a resitter as well as a reapplicant :redface:
Got a letter from UCAS about Track details. My Personal ID has changed to what it was last year.

Has that happened to anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending