The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ritter
Hi

I have an interview @ Sainsburys quite soon. My friend has a job there and he says its really straight forward and you're almost guaranteed the job. Any tips?

Thanks

You do a DVD test, and as far as I know, whether you are employed or not is based on this. It's much like the test you did on the website when applying :smile:
Reply 9741
Original post by Oh-No!
I actually use this discount, upgraded my iphone to the 4s on Friday, and get 20% off my monthly bill (£51 bill down to £40 a month).
You basically get either 10% or 20% off. 10% for contracts under £20 p/m and 20% for contracts over £20 p/m.
I'll PM you the link you need to get on there, cos i don't think it should be public!

Original post by Saliency
I'm looking to upgrade as well my nokia is on its last legs
is it possible to pm me the link?:tongue:

Original post by wren94
Please can you PM me too? My Vodafone contract is very nearly off and some money off would be fabulous! Thank you :smile:

Original post by Eustace4
Could someone also PM me this information regarding the phone contracts especially 02 just about to upgrade this week!

Would be much appreciated.

Could someone please PM me the link for both o2 and vodafone. Dont know which network to get.
Original post by Markbuk
In terms of holiday, my store tends to bug you about it for ages and just allocate you the holiday if you don't hand anything in. HR will know for sure.

Has anybody done a team leader assessment recently? I have one on Friday and was wondering what it involves.

I've done the department management trainee assessment day this year, but didn't get through I'm guessing it can't be as indepth as that.

Any help will be appreciated.

I assessed one of these about 2 months ago so I can say a little. It consists of a DVD + Role Play if you are an external candidate or simply a Role Play if you are an internal candidate.
Reply 9743
Original post by davireland
I assessed one of these about 2 months ago so I can say a little. It consists of a DVD + Role Play if you are an external candidate or simply a Role Play if you are an internal candidate.

Cheers, I persume the roleplay is the team leader talking to a staff member who is having too long on breaks etc. So just have to let them talk their point rather than just give them a rollocking about it all.
Reply 9744
Hi all,

Can anyone shed any light as to why shifts seem quite short? Position is as a delivery driver and they are all 4 hours.

I'm currently doing the same job for another supermarket and know the obvious reason why they're that length (it's probably the length of your delivery run).. just curious as to why they don't make them longer..

The vacancy is more hours than my current job but only just and spread over more days!
Original post by _jason_
Hi all,

Can anyone shed any light as to why shifts seem quite short? Position is as a delivery driver and they are all 4 hours.

I'm currently doing the same job for another supermarket and know the obvious reason why they're that length (it's probably the length of your delivery run).. just curious as to why they don't make them longer..

The vacancy is more hours than my current job but only just and spread over more days!

When I worked in store, our teamleaders admitted the company like people to work 4 hour shifts because then you don't get a break. A bit cynical perhaps, but probably true lol. :smile:
Original post by affinity89
When I worked in store, our teamleaders admitted the company like people to work 4 hour shifts because then you don't get a break. A bit cynical perhaps, but probably true lol. :smile:

I do 4 hour shifts at a time for this reason, in fact, everyone on my department does. They're quite happy to admit it in my store! :tongue:
Original post by Markbuk
Cheers, I persume the roleplay is the team leader talking to a staff member who is having too long on breaks etc. So just have to let them talk their point rather than just give them a rollocking about it all.

You are quite right its chat with a colleague. I can't really say too much otherwise I would be giving you an unfair advantage. All I will say is that it is a general conversation on underperformance, also, a little tip, understand how Sainsbury's operates in terms of relationships with its staff e.g. are we big fans of disciplinaries or are we more focussed on informal coaching? Also look at what the store is trying to achieve e.g. the scorecard.
Reply 9748
Original post by affinity89

Original post by briesandwich
I do 4 hour shifts at a time for this reason, in fact, everyone on my department does. They're quite happy to admit it in my store! :tongue:

Thanks for your replies. Can understand the reason regarding breaks, normally my shifts would be around 6 - 7 hrs but you tend to either not take your full break, or if you are running late nothing at all. Thats the fun of delivering and having to try and meet a system that times everything to a second.

Just wondered if it was worth applying if I may get asked to stay on late or start early (hence more hours), thats always happening right now in my current job.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Chantell
Thanks for the help. The induction went well.

I've got my induction in a few days, what do you do in it , was it like roleplay and discussions? I have a 3 day induction for 16 hours.

Also, what did you wear for it ? :biggrin:
Reply 9750
I also have my induction next week. I've got the job as Customer Service Assistant so what will I be doing and what to wear?! :smile:
Reply 9751
Customer service is MOST IMPORTANT. Also, stress the importance of law abiding - i.e. making sure products are fresh, and in code [date]. Sainsbury's are primarily about three things - fresh food at a great price, great customer service and being a great place overall to work and shop.
When's the next pay day? I've lost track
Original post by Saliency
When's the next pay day? I've lost track

I think its the first Friday in November. So far away when you've got no money. :frown:
Reply 9754
Original post by Chrisleeds
I've got my induction in a few days, what do you do in it , was it like roleplay and discussions? I have a 3 day induction for 16 hours.

Also, what did you wear for it ? :biggrin:

In my Induction we watched loads of dvds, filled out an induction booklet, emergency contact details and done a test at the end, we were also showed where things were in the store eg. clocking in and out machine, canteen etc. My induction was only for a day so you might have more things set up for you to do.

I wore skinny black jeans and vans with a unstructured blazer. Just make sure your comfortable with what your wearing because the day is long.:smile:
Original post by hasm
Could someone please PM me the link for both o2 and vodafone. Dont know which network to get.

could someone pm me the link aswell please :smile:
Reply 9756
Original post by Dirty Dream Number Two
You do a DVD test, and as far as I know, whether you are employed or not is based on this. It's much like the test you did on the website when applying :smile:

Lovely. I'll make sure I give this a good go.

Thanks DDNT :smile:
Original post by Chantell
In my Induction we watched loads of dvds, filled out an induction booklet, emergency contact details and done a test at the end, we were also showed where things were in the store eg. clocking in and out machine, canteen etc. My induction was only for a day so you might have more things set up for you to do.

I wore skinny black jeans and vans with a unstructured blazer. Just make sure your comfortable with what your wearing because the day is long.:smile:

ahh right , i have 2 days doing 4 hour inductions , then 2 days later an 8 hour induction day.

did you do roleplay?
When I did my induction, I did no role play. The only thing that was vaguely role play was scanning some items....
Applied for Sainsburys 6 days ago, had an interview yesterday, offered the job today, start induction tomorrow.
I HAVE A JOB :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending