The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7320
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:jumphug: I really wish I knew the answer to that. Perhaps you should try and tell this person that they've upset you? Sometimes a good honest conversation is the best way forward.

My inbox is open if you need it.

Prayers said for the prayer requests :smile:

Thank you - he knows he's upset me, so talking to him really isn't an option. I had a good chat about the situation with my best female friend today so I'm feeling slightly better about it all.
Reply 7321
I don't know about you guys, but reading through a lot of posts which mention Christianity in the last few months on TSR has really pissed me off.

Apparently its super racist to attack any religion unless, of course, it is Christianity. Then out come the militant anti-christians (like to think of themselves as atheists but would never attack any other religion) and Christianity or Christians get bashed simply for believing in the most popular religion in the western world.

Stop attacking my religion!!!

/rant.
I don't know you get offended by people attacking Christianity. People attack any sort of opinion on here.

Boing flip.
Had such a crazy day today. Went to do some care work at a nursing home today but some of the residents were really helpless. Seeing a lot of these people was mega humbling and I felt God really wanted to break my heart for these people. I felt quite helpless at times as even though you try to make a lot of these people comfortable, they were often not very comfortable or even living much of a life. I felt like an idiot complaining about achy feet after a days work, when some of these people were bedridden. I met one of the nicest old ladies (turning 100 in a few weeks :eek: ) I've ever met though as well, who was coincidentally a Christian. She really enjoyed chatting to me about her faith through her long life and I felt I brightened up a lot of their days by doing so helping and listening. That was one good thing that came out from the day; in getting to see the people and sympathize, I was able to talk to them honestly. Out of breaking my heart, there came a lot of care and I really did enjoy making some of them smile - they seem to love young people! But yes overall, whilst it started out quite shaky, the day got better and did definitely open my eyes up. :yes:
Original post by Facticity
Had such a crazy day today. Went to do some care work at a nursing home today but some of the residents were really helpless. Seeing a lot of these people was mega humbling and I felt God really wanted to break my heart for these people. I felt quite helpless at times as even though you try to make a lot of these people comfortable, they were often not very comfortable or even living much of a life. I felt like an idiot complaining about achy feet after a days work, when some of these people were bedridden. I met one of the nicest old ladies (turning 100 in a few weeks :eek: ) I've ever met though as well, who was coincidentally a Christian. She really enjoyed chatting to me about her faith through her long life and I felt I brightened up a lot of their days by doing so helping and listening. That was one good thing that came out from the day; in getting to see the people and sympathize, I was able to talk to them honestly. Out of breaking my heart, there came a lot of care and I really did enjoy making some of them smile - they seem to love young people! But yes overall, whilst it started out quite shaky, the day got better and did definitely open my eyes up. :yes:

Good on you for doing such a worthwhile thing. I wouldn't have the patience to do that :nah:

Congrats on your modship btw :woo: :jebus: :woo:

Good on you for doing such a worthwhile thing. I wouldn't have the patience to do that :nah:

Congrats on your modship btw :woo: :jebus: :woo:

I didn't think I would because although I do care, I'd never been in one with residents of that condition but I thought I'd give it a go. Turned out to be a learning experience for the better :yep:

Thanks! Yea logging on and being modded was an added bonus :awesome:
Not only are there a lot of medic mods, but quite a few Christian mods now too :ahee:
I feel surrounded by mods.

(On a side note: GEG - I just actually read your sig and now I have a medley of Owl City songs in my head!)
Reply 7328
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Not only are there a lot of medic mods, but quite a few Christian mods now too :ahee:

And at least one pagan with Christian sympathies. :biggrin:

It's disheartening at times too. There was this one gentleman who was quite conserved; he was reluctant to get involved in anything and barely ate or drank! I asked one of the nurses why he didn't want to talk or eat and they said that he had suffered a stroke. Before his stroke, he was able to drive, eat and cleanse himself without any assistance, in actual fact, she said he was as independent as you can get. He had so much pride in his independence that when it was stripped off him, he felt like there isn't much left living for.

Original post by Tenbinza
I don't know about you guys, but reading through a lot of posts which mention Christianity in the last few months on TSR has really pissed me off.

Apparently its super racist to attack any religion unless, of course, it is Christianity. Then out come the militant anti-christians (like to think of themselves as atheists but would never attack any other religion) and Christianity or Christians get bashed simply for believing in the most popular religion in the western world.

Stop attacking my religion!!!

/rant.

Coptic?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by EEngWillow

(On a side note: GEG - I just actually read your sig and now I have a medley of Owl City songs in my head!)

Love Owl City, amazing live if you ever get the chance :yep:

Original post by Hylean

And every single mod is lovely :yep:
Reply 7331
Original post by mevidek
Thanks for all your help :redface:

The problem is, I can't get away from this self-centered, self-despicable view I possess. Even though I understand that appearance, personality, grades should not matter, they do to me. Despite my attempts to ignore this, and be happy for what I am, I'm not. I sometimes wish I were other people, simply because my life is so difficult at the moment. The worries about bi-polar, grades, friendship, social and romantic issues have hit me really hard. It's times like this when I begin to question why anybody in mankind would deserve such things, and how even worse things can be going on in the world. Also despite I know this is all God's plan, why is there so much suffering in the world? The Lord certainly does move in mysterious ways! I just don't really have anybody to talk to in person. My mum doesn't believe me when I say I think I may be bi-polar, and claims that depression is normal (even though I haven't told her that in the past I've considered suicide apart from one occasion), and I don't want to discuss love or social issues with my parents. They are there for me, and they're the best parents I could have, but I'm just so unhappy at the moment. And going back to suicide, I've thought about it again recently, however I came to the conclusion that I will not die until I achieve my dreams. Unfortunately I have really high aims, so it's going to be one tough journey.

Once again thanks for your help :smile:

Dont worry, Im 17 and a few years ago I was experiencing pretty much the same as you. I was depressed, stressed and contemplated suicide. I had always been a Catholic but nothing strengthened my faith at that time. I had faith in the Lord and now im very happy and comfortable with my life. Remember, some people say we choose the life we live before we are born. Maybe you chose this to strengthen you and Im sure that in a few years or maybe sooner you'll look back on this time in your life and laugh.
Remember what it says in the bible: 'Blessed are those who are laughed at and mocked because of me (God speaking). Have Faith because it is at your weakest that God is most with you, so it is at your weakest that you are at your strongest.' Cant remember the exact quote but it was something very similar to that.

Have Faith in God and never lose hope. Also, we all have Guardian angels who are with us in every living moment. If you feel you cant speak to your parents talk to your angel and you'll see that things will begin to improve :smile:

God bless.
Original post by Tzarchasm

Original post by Tzarchasm
It's disheartening at times too. There was this one gentleman who was quite conserved; he was reluctant to get involved in anything and barely ate or drank! I asked one of the nurses why he didn't want to talk or eat and they said that he had suffered a stroke. Before his stroke, he was able to drive, eat and cleanse himself without any assistance, in actual fact, she said he was as independent as you can get. He had so much pride in his independence that when it was stripped off him, he felt like there isn't much left living for.

I know what you mean man. It was hard at times but I think if I can help those people, its a thousand times more rewarding. :yes:
I would feel the same

As the stroke man
So today's diagnosis: schizoaffective disorder :yes: :sigh: :yes:
Had such a crazy day today.

It's hard at times. I've seen two patients recently that have made me feel sad just because of how frightened they were.

Ooo, you got a bigger gig than just the religion one you went for! :lol:

I'm not a mod, just a FA :yes:

Original post by Hylean

How does that work?

Original post by greeneyedgirl

And every single mod is lovely :yep:

Biased? :tongue: Of course they are...especially the PS help ones when they fix all my mistakes :yes:
Reply 7336
Original post by Lantana
How does that work?

I feel quite drawn to Roman Catholicism and respect a lot of Christian teachings, and even believe in God, in a manner of speaking.

I just also happen to believe in various other deities as well.
Original post by Lantana

I'm not a mod, just a FA :yes:

And that's why you're my favourite. :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by Hylean
I feel quite drawn to Roman Catholicism and respect a lot of Christian teachings, and even believe in God, in a manner of speaking.

I just also happen to believe in various other deities as well.

I was a Taoist before a Christian! (Tao/Dao...although I think Daoist looks more natural as a word...)
Reply 7339
I was a Taoist before a Christian! (Tao/Dao...although I think Daoist looks more natural as a word...)

Cool.

I don't know, there's just something truly spiritually touching, for me, in Roman Catholic mass and the sect itself (though I have issues with many of its teachings as well). It draws me more than any of the other Christian sects, to be honest. Speaks to me, you might say.

So today's diagnosis: schizoaffective disorder :yes: :sigh: :yes:

Do you have like a sticker book for all the different diagnoses? Could be like football stickers...

What does that mean, really? :hugs: My inbox is always open to you, elskan.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending