The Student Room Group

Karl Pilkington Society (Including Ricky and Steve I suppose...)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by my9rides
Everyone raves on about Idiot Abroad. It is good, but its all about the XFM Radio Shows, which were don 10 years ago. Thats when Karl first started spouting his inane nonsense

I agree... most people think they are die hard fans from watching An Idiot Abroad... they have no idea that this legend was born in 2001!
Original post by The Black Lips
I agree... most people think they are die hard fans from watching An Idiot Abroad... they have no idea that this legend was born in 2001!

All the way back to XFM.. where Karl laughed, and he ran away to Hastings when Ricky pissed him off.. ah good times :smile:
Lol I know.. and rockbusters and songs of phrase! Wish they were back on XFM.
Original post by Craig_D
Man-moths?

One of my favourite quotes of his :lol: Also when he couldn't remember what was in Gremlins :laugh:
Reply 84
Original post by The Black Lips

I think I have close to 50 hours of his ramblings on an iTunes playlist now. It's all utterly brilliant :biggrin:

The conversation on war poetry in the Guide To series ending with the line "Get yer knickers off" is a personal favourite.

Also rummanging and him saying miminalistic 10 times :rofl:

Also the whole conversation on the floatation tank where he'd choose exactly the same life he had now apart from his boiler would be fixed.

It's so good because there's so much of it, I always forget about stuff then it cracks me up again when I re-listen to it. :h:
Original post by alcazaba
I think I have close to 50 hours of his ramblings on an iTunes playlist now. It's all utterly brilliant :biggrin:

The conversation on war poetry in the Guide To series ending with the line "Get yer knickers off" is a personal favourite.

Also the whole conversation on the floatation tank where he'd choose exactly the same life he had now apart from his boiler would be fixed.

It's so good because there's so much of it, I always forget about stuff then it cracks me up again when I re-listen to it. :h:

All my friends have just discovered Karl Pilkington, so I know what you mean!
Also I'm so obsessed with Gervais/Merchant humour I use their one liners during conversations. Phrases like:
"Political"
"Alright, calm down mate"
"Sure"
Don't know if that makes sense...I do it without thinking.
Original post by alcazaba

http://www.youtube.com/user/telepop123 - every xfm episode. enjoy :smile:
Reply 87
Cant believe I only just found this! Love the head like the orange kinda guy :wink:
Reply 88
Reply 89
Now if only we could find some recordings of Karl when he hosted his own radio call-in show.

Christ De Burg!
Reply 90
A much longer trailer.

Reply 91
those XFM days were gold with Karl and ricky and steve ... brilliant they were. and hopefully so will An idiot abroad 2!!!
Can't wait for Friday. Pretty much the only show around at the moment i'll seek out.

From Gervais' blog, possible the best pic of Karl ever?

Spoiler

Reply 93
Original post by CJ
Can't wait for Friday. Pretty much the only show around at the moment i'll seek out.

From Gervais' blog, possible the best pic of Karl ever?

Spoiler

Whoa didn't realize it was this Friday! Thanks for the reminder. ^^
Reply 94
i read the name of this thread and let out a squeal of joy i don't think i'll ever be able to replicate.
Reply 95
Ahhh just found this group!
I remember my brother making me listen to Karl back in ~2004/05 while I was playing GTA San Andreas; couldn't concentrate on the game I was laughing so much!
SUCH a legend!
Reply 96
Reply 97
:zomg: ... :afraid:

..wow... just wow.
Aww it's starting on Karl's birthday :love:
Just amazing...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending