The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EEngWillow
And that's why you're my favourite. :tongue:

Spoiler

:woo:..:cries:
Original post by Hylean
I feel quite drawn to Roman Catholicism and respect a lot of Christian teachings, and even believe in God, in a manner of speaking.

I just also happen to believe in various other deities as well.

You're not the first I've heard that sentiment off, I just think it's academically flawed...anyhow before we go off on a tangent, how's modship treating you?

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
So today's diagnosis: schizoaffective disorder :yes: :sigh: :yes:

Why do I know that phrase? *reaches into the back of her brain* that's the mild version of schizophrenia, yes? What do you think about it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7341
Original post by Lantana

You're not the first I've heard that sentiment off, I just think it's academically flawed...anyhow before we go off on a tangent, how's modship treating you?

It's treating me fine. Been a bit busy today, but grand. Good to have Facticity modding Religion with me. :yep:

I don't see how it's academically flawed. :dontknow: I don't follow Roman Catholicism or anything, like. If you feel up to it, you could PM me, cause I'm über nosy.
Original post by Hylean
Cool.

I don't know, there's just something truly spiritually touching, for me, in Roman Catholic mass and the sect itself (though I have issues with many of its teachings as well). It draws me more than any of the other Christian sects, to be honest. Speaks to me, you might say.

I think I was particularly drawn to Taoism because, as somebody almost fully immersed in Western culture (excluding an unhealthy interest in the Three Kingdoms era of Chinese history), it's so different yet so interesting to sit and think about.

Original post by Lantana

I DID give a warning that the latter half of my post would be a spoiler! :wink:
Original post by Lantana
Biased? :tongue: Of course they are...especially the PS help ones when they fix all my mistakes :yes:

Nah not biased, but having met over half of them, and spoken to most of the rest at length, can firmly say, mods, supermods and admins are lovely beings :yep:
Original post by Hylean
It's treating me fine. Been a bit busy today, but grand. Good to have Facticity modding Religion with me. :yep:

I don't see how it's academically flawed. :dontknow: I don't follow Roman Catholicism or anything, like. If you feel up to it, you could PM me, cause I'm über nosy.

Good good.

More that there is lots of statements about God being the one and only therefore it logically follows that if there is the xian God, other Gods cannot exist at the same time. There can be lots of other gods existing at the same time but it cannot include the xian god in that.

I DID give a warning that the latter half of my post would be a spoiler! :wink:

but you are supposed to love meeeeee!!

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Nah not biased, but having met over half of them, and spoken to most of the rest at length, can firmly say, mods, supermods and admins are lovely beings :yep:

and the normal users aren't? :cry2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7345
Original post by Lantana
Good good.

More that there is lots of statements about God being the one and only therefore it logically follows that if there is the xian God, other Gods cannot exist at the same time. There can be lots of other gods existing at the same time but it cannot include the xian god in that.

That's true, but I guess I'm a bit heretical there really. More than happy to discuss it elsewhere, but I don't think my beliefs really belong in here. :yep:

Anyone doing anything for Halloween or All Saints' Day?
Original post by Lantana
and the normal users aren't? :cry2:

You guys are super lovely too :yep:

Original post by Hylean
Anyone doing anything for Halloween or All Saints' Day?

Going to one of unions dressed as pikachu :ahee:
Reply 7347
Tips on making our stall at 'freshers fair' a success?
Original post by Hylean

Do you have like a sticker book for all the different diagnoses? Could be like football stickers...

What does that mean, really? :hugs: My inbox is always open to you, elskan.

I really should have something like that, shouldn't I? :yes:

Schizoaffective disorder is (at its most crudest) where bipolar meets schizophrenia :yes:

http://www.mind.org.uk/help/diagnoses_and_conditions/schizoaffective_disorder
Original post by Ebuwa
Tips on making our stall at 'freshers fair' a success?

Be welcoming, free food, don't shove God in their face but seem approachable
Original post by Lantana

Original post by Lantana
It's hard at times. I've seen two patients recently that have made me feel sad just because of how frightened they were.

Ooo, you got a bigger gig than just the religion one you went for! :lol:

I know what you mean :sadnod:

Na, I'm only Religion mod :biggrin:

So today's diagnosis: schizoaffective disorder :yes: :sigh: :yes:

That was my old diagnosis, I'm on borderline personality disorder :yes:... how are you feeling about this new label? :hugs:
Original post by Lantana

but you are supposed to love meeeeee!!

I do love you! I'm just waaaay too shy to tell you :tongue:
Original post by lovers in japan
That was my old diagnosis, I'm on borderline personality disorder :yes:... how are you feeling about this new label? :hugs:

I've done some reading this evening and it makes sense. I don't mind too much. I'm just glad to finally know what it is really. I prefer to have labels so that I know what to tell people :yes:

I've done some reading this evening and it makes sense. I don't mind too much. I'm just glad to finally know what it is really. I prefer to have labels so that I know what to tell people :yes:

The service that I was referred to tried not to use labels, as they said we were just who we were, if that makes sense... From what you've said on here though, that sounds like an appropriate diagnosis; at least you now know you're not alone :smile: Glad you're happy with the 'label' and that it is the first stepping stone on your pathway :hugs:
Schizoaffective disorder is (at its most crudest) where bipolar meets schizophrenia :yes:

http://www.mind.org.uk/help/diagnoses_and_conditions/schizoaffective_disorder

Ah, ok.

Original post by Facticity
I know what you mean :sadnod:

Na, I'm only Religion mod :biggrin:

You should change your sig then :yes:

I do love you! I'm just waaaay too shy to tell you :tongue:

Wait... :love:

I'm TLG, I like musicals, the tea room and cheesy 90's pop. :yes:
Original post by lovers in japan
The service that I was referred to tried not to use labels, as they said we were just who we were, if that makes sense... From what you've said on here though, that sounds like an appropriate diagnosis; at least you now know you're not alone :smile: Glad you're happy with the 'label' and that it is the first stepping stone on your pathway :hugs:

My psychiatrist has tried to avoid it (and my psychologist outright refused to give labels) but I've been quite insistent on having one, so that I feel more in control and that I know what's going on :yes: Thanks :hugs:

Original post by Lantana

I'm TLG, I like musicals, the tea room and cheesy 90's pop. :yes:

:awesome:

You forgot ABBA and chocolate :ninja:
Original post by Lantana
You should change your sig then :yes:

Done!

You forgot ABBA and chocolate :ninja:

ABBA :yucky:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Facticity