The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dez
The Very Large Array want a new name. :holmes:

Gonna go with "Big Enough for the Time Being Array". Any other suggestions? :awesome:

I've suggested: Dave.
new laptop :awesome:
Original post by alexsheppard11

Specs or GTFO.
Original post by alexsheppard11

Original post by Mad Vlad
Specs or GTFO.

^^This
Original post by Mad Vlad
Specs or GTFO.

Original post by wizard710
^^This

Dell Precision M4600

Sandybridge i5
8GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 1000M 2GB
250GB 7200rpm HDD
Ultrasharp 1920x1080 screen

USB3
Slot loading DVDRW
Dual external monitor support
Bluetooth
(edited 12 years ago)
:bebored:|

I want to buy something. Any ideas?
Reply 9846
Original post by secretmessages

Your sanity? :tongue:

In all seriousness, what've you been meaning to replace but not gotten around to doing so?
Reply 9847

Same here. :moon: I have about £150 in Amazon vouchers lying about, and no idea what I should do with them. Hmm.
Original post by Dez
Same here. :moon: I have about £150 in Amazon vouchers lying about, and no idea what I should do with them. Hmm.

Kindle Fire when it comes out.

Seagate and WD hard drive prices are going up, so get them now
Original post by mikeyd85

No plans for an international release for the Fire at the moment :ashamed2:
:eek3:

No way! I really like the look of their price. So long as it's root-able I'll be fine with it :wink:

:eek3:

No way! I really like the look of their price. So long as it's root-able I'll be fine with it :wink:

I know, they do look excellent. It's the only real tablet that has the ability to do as well as the iPad at the moment, ironically because they're trying to stay as far away from the iPad's niches as possible =P If it wasn't for the fact that one of the main reasons I'm planning to get an iPad are Inkling and Splashtop (Two iOS exclusives), I'd have called my friend who's doing a gap year in California and got him to get me one already!
Reply 9853

My vouchers will have expired by then probably. :p:

Incidentally, I have a new job starting soon. You'll never guess where. :holmes:
Original post by Dez
My vouchers will have expired by then probably. :p:

Incidentally, I have a new job starting soon. You'll never guess where. :holmes:

Amazon or Google?
Reply 9855
Amazon or Google?

Nope. Think closer to home. :awesome:
Reply 9856
Original post by Dez
Nope. Think closer to home. :awesome:

...Apple store?

I find that a little hard to believe :confused:
Original post by tface

Original post by tface
...Apple store?

I find that a little hard to believe :confused:

It may be because some analysts are predicting that it's selling at a loss, and considering the majority of tablets without fruit on the back (and some that do, I'm looking at you RIM) have had opening sales ranging from lacklustre to downright horrendous, they may not have wanted to risk an international release in case initial reception wasn't kind. Obviously it has been well received and pre-order numbers are supposedly through the roof, so I would expect plans for an international release soon.
Hmm, Google's CEO announced today that there are 6 million Android tablets in use at the moment, the first definitive figure on the issue. That means that Apple have sold almost twice as many tablets in the last quarter (approx 11 million) than Android manufacturers have since their inception. There was never any question the iPad was ahead in that market, I just never realised there was that severe a disparity in sales :s-smilie:
Really?
Does 'in use' imply total amount sold?
I'm not trying to be difficult, I just want to double check my understanding - if true it certainly is somewhat alarming...

Latest

Trending

Trending