The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doctor.
I applied for UCL but I don't want to go there lol. Bad experiance from the last interview :frown:.

Oh dear :frown: why apply there again though? What happened?
Original post by Harbour Seal
Oh dear :frown: why apply there again though? What happened?

The interview asked a highly personal question in a really arrogant way. I ended up crying and I think she was quite shocked at what she said lol :frown:

Applying again just because nowhere else will have me :tongue:. It's a lovely place and a great course though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Doctor.
The interview asked a highly personal question in a really arrogant way. I ended up crying and I think she was quite shocked at what she said lol :frown:

Applying again just because nowhere else will have me :tongue:. It's a lovely place and a great course though.

How awful! Do you want me to go down there and get all Scottish in her face?

I nearly cried during my Dundee interview and said I wasn't good enough for medicine because the guy was being so lovely toward me. It was station number 7 and I had been interviewed for about 50 minutes at that point, and I just had enough. It happens to the best of us.
How awful! Do you want me to go down there and get all Scottish in her face?

I nearly cried during my Dundee interview and said I wasn't good enough for medicine because the guy was being so lovely toward me. It was station number 7 and I had been interviewed for about 50 minutes at that point, and I just had enough. It happens to the best of us.

Haha it'll be so tense if she interviews me again :'). I think she was genuinely in shock after what she said lol.

aw what kinda questions did Dundee ask? 50 mins is ages under pressure :frown:. You'll get it this time :smile:
Original post by Doctor.
Haha it'll be so tense if she interviews me again :'). I think she was genuinely in shock after what she said lol.

aw what kinda questions did Dundee ask? 50 mins is ages under pressure :frown:. You'll get it this time :smile:

Some of the stations are questions about PS and work experience, pretty standard. Others were interactive; I had to help an actor playing an elderly patient to get her tablets in the right order. Some were debates, the interviewer would discuss NHS funding or something similar with you. Others were assessing how you could work in a team; You were given an actor to help you in a problem solving task.
Reply 8185
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Some of the stations are questions about PS and work experience, pretty standard. Others were interactive; I had to help an actor playing an elderly patient to get her tablets in the right order. Some were debates, the interviewer would discuss NHS funding or something similar with you. Others were assessing how you could work in a team; You were given an actor to help you in a problem solving task.

I would love a debating interview especially if it was about something like the NHS. :smile:

And people said taking economics was stupid if you want to do medicine. :rolleyes:
Reply 8186
Hey guys is anyone applying outside the UK? Like in Europe as a back up for medicine in the UK?
Reply 8187
Original post by anikap
Hey guys is anyone applying outside the UK? Like in Europe as a back up for medicine in the UK?

I was thinking about it but couldn't find a way to fund it.
Original post by Doctor.
I applied for UCL but I don't want to go there lol. Bad experiance from the last interview :frown:.

:zomg: UCL is A-MAZING!
Original post by Long Time Coming
:zomg: UCL is A-MAZING!

It's not even that good imo. Aslong as I am studying medicine idc where I am :tongue:
Reply 8190
Original post by Doctor.
It's not even that good imo. Aslong as I am studying medicine idc where I am :tongue:

Same. I really hope I get an offer *checks track* still nothing. :frown:
Original post by Doctor.

That's how we all feel, but seriously, UCL is fricking awesome.
Original post by Besakt
Same. I really hope I get an offer *checks track* still nothing. :frown:

their interviews are not too bad just make sure you don't cry :tongue:

I think I was the only one from my school who didn't get an offer :frown:

(3/4 applied lol)
Reply 8193
Original post by Doctor.
their interviews are not too bad just make sure you don't cry :tongue:

I think I was the only one from my school who didn't get an offer :frown:

(3/4 applied lol)

I'm the only medicine applicant from my school this year.
Original post by Besakt
I'm the only medicine applicant from my school this year.

Really? There's about 7 of us medics and 3 dentists :\
Reply 8195
Original post by SylveeDiggs
Really? There's about 7 of us medics and 3 dentists :\

There use to be another 2 people that wanted to be medics last year and one that wanted to be a dentist.
One of the guys that wanted to do medicine changed his mind to engineering at oxbridge.
The other gave up because he thought he couldn't get the grades so changed to pharmacy.
The dentist also gave up and is now applying to do microbiology.
Original post by Besakt
There use to be another 2 people that wanted to be medics last year and one that wanted to be a dentist.
One of the guys that wanted to do medicine changed his mind to engineering at oxbridge.
The other gave up because he thought he couldn't get the grades so changed to pharmacy.
The dentist also gave up and is now applying to do microbiology.

This is fairly common. The application itself is very demanding, and those who don't really want to do it get weeded out fairly quickly. Just think of it like this: you're a survivor!:biggrin:
Reply 8197
This is fairly common. The application itself is very demanding, and those who don't really want to do it get weeded out fairly quickly. Just think of it like this: you're a survivor!:biggrin:

Natural Selection. :redface:
Original post by Besakt
Natural Selection. :redface:

The most adaptable survive :wink:
theres about 25 of us applying to medicine, 3 dentists and 1 vet :biggrin:

that seems like a lot, but we started off with about 40 medics :tongue:

Latest