The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4080
Original post by Wa 007
Thanks mare :smile: you applying to UCL for eco too then?

No, firstly, I don't stand a chance (I don't have that A* prediction in Maths that they want), plus I don't particularly fancy living in London.

I'm applying to Durham, St Andrews, Exeter, York, Royal Holloway.
For the Nottingham thing, i found out there is an Nottingham applicant portal (google it), it gives info on what your user and password is. Login, and it should say app is under consideration (or offer), in which case they have it :smile:
Original post by crazy1234

For the Nottingham thing, i found out there is an Nottingham applicant portal (google it), it gives info on what your user and password is. Login, and it should say app is under consideration (or offer), in which case they have it :smile:

I think i've found the right site: https://my.nottingham.ac.uk/media/uk/ac/nottingham/compass/layout/psp/ but how are you supposed to find your username and password?
Reply 4083
Original post by Pancakeman123
I think i've found the right site: https://my.nottingham.ac.uk/media/uk/ac/nottingham/compass/layout/psp/ but how are you supposed to find your username and password?

Username: UCAS personal ID
Password: Date of birth in format DDmonYY e.g. 17jun97

https://my.nottingham.ac.uk/media/uk/ac/nottingham/compass/layout/public/help.html

Look at the undergrad part :smile:
Original post by Tateco

Original post by Tateco
Username: UCAS personal ID
Password: Date of birth in format DDmonYY e.g. 17jun97

"Your application is currently being considered by the admissions tutor and we hope to have a decision for you shortly."

Well this begs to differ :rolleyes::
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/economics/prospective/undergraduate/applying/index.aspx

"UK and EU applicants for entry in 2012 who fulfill our entry requirements will not receive decisions on their applications until AFTER the January application deadline."
Reply 4086
What would you says better for applying and the actually uni... nottingham vs bristol?
GCSE consideration?
AS/A level consideration?
Personal statement / reference consideration
and what uni is more respected overall and for economics?
Reply 4087
Original post by jacky23
What would you says better for applying and the actually uni... nottingham vs bristol?
GCSE consideration?
AS/A level consideration?
Personal statement / reference consideration
and what uni is more respected overall and for economics?

uni itself: It depends on whether you prefer a campus based uni (Nottingham) or a city based uni (Bristol). Both are very highly considered, and have a lot of history

GCSE consideration: I'm not sure about Bristol, but I've heard that Notts are picky on GCSEs

AS/A level consideration: Nottingham's offer will likely be A*AA, so will Bristol's. But Bristol will make sure you have AAAA-AAAB in core 1-4 (this will form part of your offer, and if you achieve an A overall in maths, but do not achieve this, you fail to meet your offer - I emailed the uni itself about this). Notts don't ask for maths, but I guess it is considered advantageous

PS+reference: Bristol appear to be more holistic regarding applications, so I would say that the PS+ reference will hold a lot more weight here.
Does anyone know if Durham or Bristol start making offers before the January deadline?
Reply 4089
Does anyone know if Durham or Bristol start making offers before the January deadline?

I got a Britsol offer in Nov last year
Original post by fredbol

Original post by fredbol
I got a Britsol offer in Nov last year

How early did you put your application in? (sorry for all the questions)

In the acknowledgement email from Durham they say that they won't start making offers before January
Original post by nightmare91
In the acknowledgement email from Durham they say that they won't start making offers before January

Na it said some decisions will have to wait till after the deadline, so I think they probably will make a few before :smile:
Reply 4093
How early did you put your application in? (sorry for all the questions)

Last year i sent my application in on October 5th
Na it said some decisions will have to wait till after the deadline, so I think they probably will make a few before :smile:

Ah ok well I hope they will! Really want an offer before January :smile:
Original post by nightmare91
Ah ok well I hope they will! Really want an offer before January :smile:

Yep same here, would love to have one before new years eve :smile: Until my first one I will be ridiculously nervous, once the first one comes through at least I know that my UCAS app is alright...
when did u send your application of. I am writing my PS and am finding it hard

help please
Original post by ...mo...

Original post by ...mo...
when did u send your application of. I am writing my PS and am finding it hard

help please

7th October. I would get your application in ASAP, where are you applying?
Reply 4098
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Drop Philosophy and Ethics if you can- and take on one from history/physics/chemistry/english

The extra curriculars are good- but your academic profile, and your interest towards economics (e.g. extra reading, competitions, epq etc.) will be much more important

GCSEs are fine, I know UCL will care- and there will be people who will have better ones than you, but if your AS are very good then it should still be fine.

Okay thanks :smile: Yh i'm doing epq in the summer with philosophy it was either that or politics at my school because they have specific block systems. Furthermore, is philosophy considered a bad a level? (not tryin to argue just wondering)

Also, does anyone know if UCL have specific GCSE requirements or if you need a certain number of a*s to be highly considered?

Thanks and sorry i know im fussy :rolleyes: :redface:
7th October. I would get your application in ASAP, where are you applying?

Eco at Nottingham,Birmingham,Leicester defo not sure about the rest. Any good AAA uni's? What about you

Latest

Trending

Trending