The Student Room Group

Keele Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone, I'm reapplying this year for Keele again. Got rejected by them last year in February so was a very long wait indeed! Good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by rumandraisin
By surface anatomy do you mean drawing on each other etc? I've heard that we do yes but Kinkerz will know for sure. We have time in the resource room after dissection where we do stuff like palpation, auscultation etc with a clinician and they really do make you feel like you're a medic (wannabe Dr) :cool:

Yeah, that's the one. We did this prosection taster session at school and honestly, I don't understand how you can learn anatomy from it. :p: But it was only a half hour session and it must be good if unis use it. I think surface anatomy would be better for visualising things.

Oooh that sounds exciting. Is that different to clinical skills?

Cheers, but i am only a 1st year :tongue:

Ooh well, good luck even more! You started on 29th Sept, right (:awesome: just opened my track letter now) How was freshers/hows the course?

P.S. remembered another negative thing I got told about Keele- apparently it smells of cowpat often. :rofl: That's more funny than anything though.
Original post by Kinkerz
If you're interested in ethics, at Keele if you get excellent grades and show an interest in ethics, there's a 'Bioethics' scholarship-type-thing in the third year where two students are taken to spend eight weeks at Yale.

Sweet, just had a look at that, it looked really good.

Original post by Parle à ma main

P.S. remembered another negative thing I got told about Keele- apparently it smells of cowpat often. :rofl: That's more funny than anything though.

^Coming from a rural area, you get used to it!
Reply 143
Not sure if anyone has seen this, got uploaded a few days ago:

Reply 144
That's really weird seeing people in my year on Youtube.
Reply 145
Original post by Iaso
Not sure if anyone has seen this, got uploaded a few days ago:

Wonder who showed you that....:ninja:
Original post by SamHey789

^Coming from a rural area, you get used to it!

Haha, I didn't realise how sheltered I am, so to speak, about what rural life is like. Any interesting antics about rural life? :teeth:
Original post by Kinkerz
That's really weird seeing people in my year on Youtube.

Have to say, from that video, there's a lot of good looking Keel-sians. Not that I'm particularly complaining. :ninja:
Is that different to clinical skills?

It is clinical skills per se, in a practice environment. We do these sessions with our PBL groups. Today we listened to heart sounds.

So far i am really enjoying the course. We finish unit 1 (emergencies) tomorrow, then start unit 2 (infection + immunity) next week. Time really seems to be flying.

Haha, well i have been here now for what 4 weeks, and i would say maybe 2 or 3 days it has smelt a little funky, but it really isn't that bad. You get used to it apparently :rolleyes:
Reply 150
Have to say, from that video, there's a lot of good looking Keel-sians. Not that I'm particularly complaining. :ninja:

What can I say? We're just a tremendously good-looking bunch.
Reply 151
So far i am really enjoying the course. We finish unit 1 (emergencies) tomorrow, then start unit 2 (infection + immunity) next week. Time really seems to be flying.

Brace yourself. And I strongly encourage you to go get a book called Infection and Immunity by J. Playfair et al from the libaray pronto. Do not go with Somparyac if you want to actually understand what's going on.
(edited 12 years ago)
So a friend just got rejected from here because our school does a 3-year sixth form, despite our school telling us medical schools would be fine with it. I'm awaiting that email now, so angry.
It is clinical skills per se, in a practice environment. We do these sessions with our PBL groups. Today we listened to heart sounds.

Hey, just noticed your username - is it based on that ice-cream flavour by Carte d'Or? (I really loved it :sogood:)
Original post by Normandy114
So a friend just got rejected from here because our school does a 3-year sixth form, despite our school telling us medical schools would be fine with it. I'm awaiting that email now, so angry.

ouch :sad:

You sure that was the reason that he/she got rejected? :s-smilie:
Original post by thegodofgod
ouch :sad:

You sure that was the reason that he/she got rejected? :s-smilie:

Yep, they specifically said that was the reason.
Original post by thegodofgod
Hey, just noticed your username - is it based on that ice-cream flavour by Carte d'Or? (I really loved it :sogood:)

:yep: one of my favourite ice cream flavours
Reply 157

This is the issue with blindly accepting your school's word for things.
Original post by Kinkerz
This is the issue with blindly accepting your school's word for things.

It's very strange though, I know a person from the year above us who got an offer from here for 2011 entry who was in the same position. Something's not right.
Reply 159
It's very strange though, I know a person from the year above us who got an offer from here for 2011 entry who was in the same position. Something's not right.

It's possible they've just tightened things up this year.

Quick Reply