The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by + polarity -
I think it's too big for me too :frown:

Also I'm a cheapskate on a £10/month rolling contract atm :colondollar:

By cheap you mean smart. There's a difference :wink:
Both of my brothers have the SGS2 so I've had plenty of play time. Not my kind of phone unfortunately.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by silent ninja

By cheap you mean smart. There's a difference :wink:
Both of my brothers have the SGS2 so I've had plenty of play time. Not my kind of phone unfortunately.

Smart, yes, I'll say smart :smug:

I think I'll just keep checking eBay for the Desire S then, I don't want to get tied down to a full-blown contract :pwnd: and it seems like the right phone for me :biggrin:

My mum got the SGSII a couple of weeks ago (I persuaded her to). I think the size of the screen has helped her get used to a soft keyboard :yep:

The eMMC issue concerns me though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by + polarity -
The eMMC issue concerns me though.

The memory, what's wrong with it? It's not expandable? I dont know.

The memory, what's wrong with it? It's not expandable? I dont know.

Apparently they're quite easy to brick, because of the eMMC
Is it a bad idea to buy a second hand SGS2? Will I be covered by warranty? Is there any way the seller can block the phone etc?
Reply 6145
Original post by itsmyname
Is it a bad idea to buy a second hand SGS2? Will I be covered by warranty? Is there any way the seller can block the phone etc?

If they hand you the correct details, probably.
And yes.

Original post by G8D
I'm not sure if the Galaxy Nexus is worth my time or if I should stick it out with the HD2 a little longer.

The main attraction to it is the insane screen size/resolution and I'm not sure that's enough for me considering the next generation of mobile processors will be with us sometime in 2012...

I would wait. :yep:
Yeah, Kal-El in phones is meant to be like February?
Reply 6148
Movie Rental now in the UK market :yy:
Original post by estel
Movie Rental now in the UK market :yy:

How / where?
Reply 6150
Original post by mikeyd85
How / where?

https://market.android.com/movies

Your market app will get updated on the sly right about now; you'll know when it's updated because you'll have to re-accept the market terms of use.
(edited 12 years ago)

Oooooh. Nice. (That I've just got torrents working on my phone might go against this though...)
Need something like that for my HP Touchpad.
So, have the menu and search buttons gone the way of the dodo?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15400984

Wow, Steve Jobs really had some attitude problems. :indiff:
!!! :erm:
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
So, have the menu and search buttons gone the way of the dodo?

I was wondering that! Surely they could put a couple more icons on that bar or whatever it is?
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15400984

Wow, Steve Jobs really had some attitude problems. :indiff:

His book should be quite interesting I think. I'll read it if I get the chance. I think that it'll really give us a good insight in to the core of Apple. It'll certainly be interesting to see where they go post iPad3/iPhone5 without him being the mad man he was.
Reply 6158
..:curious:
Original post by mikeyd85
His book should be quite interesting I think. I'll read it if I get the chance. I think that it'll really give us a good insight in to the core of Apple. It'll certainly be interesting to see where they go post iPad3/iPhone5 without him being the mad man he was.

Core of Apple :teehee:

:getmecoat:

Latest

Trending

Trending