The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cheeri-o
Has anyone heard from anywhere yet?!

got confirmation emails from 3 uni's. but not heard interview-wise, if that's what you meant ...
Reply 4441
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
Got a letter from UCAS about Track details. My Personal ID has changed to what it was last year.

Has that happened to anyone else?

Yes!
Original post by oldbatty
Yes!

ahhh good! i thought i was the only one! thought something went wrong =S
Original post by -Taz-
Out of curiosity, how many other people are resitting something in January? and how many modules?

I'm resitting 5 in January. Fun times :s-smilie:

Part of me thinks my application is verging on hopeless because i'm a resitter as well as a reapplicant :redface:

I'm with you :smile:

On a slightly nicer note- Who likes The Fray? :tongue:
Original post by kingme
Just Glasgow. But I'm getting worried that I haven't heard from St Andrews yet :s-smilie:

I've only received confirmation from Nottingham and from UCL for my 5th, and I sent my application on the 14th.
Original post by -Taz-
Out of curiosity, how many other people are resitting something in January? and how many modules?

I'm resitting 5 in January. Fun times :s-smilie:

Part of me thinks my application is verging on hopeless because i'm a resitter as well as a reapplicant :redface:

I'm resitting one in January
5 is a lot to study for :console:
But I don't think your application is hopeless, really depends on where you apply.
Apparantly a few medical schools are quite merciful to us.. :redface:
Wait to hear at least some news before thinking the worst.
My philosophy to get through this year: It aint over till it's over :cool:
Original post by Doctor.
I'm with you :smile:

On a slightly nicer note- Who likes The Fray? :tongue:

Meeeeee!!!

When "How to save life" song was played on Scrubs, it was the moment I decided I was definetly wanted to do medicine :biggrin: ... no idea why but yeah! The Fray! Woooo! :tongue:
Reply 4447
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
I'm resitting one in January
5 is a lot to study for :console:
But I don't think your application is hopeless, really depends on where you apply.
Apparantly a few medical schools are quite merciful to us.. :redface:
Wait to hear at least some news before thinking the worst.
My philosophy to get through this year: It aint over till it's over :cool:

Any idea which medical schools are merciful on us? bet i applied to the wrong ones.. haha. Also only got confirmation from 2 of my choices, didn't pick a 5th choice..

P.S. The Fray are amazingggg :biggrin: was obsessed for a while with them! haha x
Original post by crooney
Any idea which medical schools are merciful on us? bet i applied to the wrong ones.. haha. Also only got confirmation from 2 of my choices, didn't pick a 5th choice..

P.S. The Fray are amazingggg :biggrin: was obsessed for a while with them! haha x

Well I'm not completely sure but the four I applied to our pretty gracious and they don't officially demand A*s in all resits.
Southampton claim that if you have AAB and are predicted an A, they will treat your application as if you had achieved it the first time. Though i doubt this is entirely true, the fact that they were brave enough to put it in writing must mean something..?
For Peninsula, according to people who have applied before, they don't seem to discriminate resitters during interview and are apparantly really gracious about it..?
Liverpool and Lancaster (same policy) will consider resits if your GCSEs pass threshold and are very PS heavy - since i got 18/18 for GCSEs I think I've pretty much done all I can in terms of academics, just hope they give me a chance really..:redface:

LOL I have no comments on the Fray :colondollar:
Wayy out of my music taste :rolleyes:
Reply 4449
i know i shouldn't be getting nervous yet at all but i can't help thinking about not getting any interviews again :frown:
Original post by pan_93
i know i shouldn't be getting nervous yet at all but i can't help thinking about not getting any interviews again :frown:

We all have this :tongue:. Just don't worry is the best policy!

Make sure you've got a 5th option just in case though and you'll be fine.
Reply 4451
Original post by Doctor.
We all have this :tongue:. Just don't worry is the best policy!

Make sure you've got a 5th option just in case though and you'll be fine.

LOL, my 5th option is biomed at UCL....if i don't get in this year i'm gonna have one more go and thats it....might choose to do economics instead if it comes to that
Reply 4452
Original post by pan_93
LOL, my 5th option is biomed at UCL....if i don't get in this year i'm gonna have one more go and thats it....might choose to do economics instead if it comes to that

I'm so glad I'm not the only one willing to try a non medicine/chemistry/biology related course :biggrin:
Original post by pan_93

I am just going to go to my 5th option if I don't get into Medicine and then go the GEM way. I cannot be bothered with another year out being honest :tongue:
Well, I have 5 exams in January ! So I guess I should get revising (at least trying to revise :P) any tips for Chemistry though?!! I don't know how to go from a B to an A ... ugh
Original post by areyousure?
Well, I have 5 exams in January ! So I guess I should get revising (at least trying to revise :P) any tips for Chemistry though?!! I don't know how to go from a B to an A ... ugh

I was 1 UMS off an B :tongue:. I'm taking CHEM1, CHEM2 and CHEM5 this January.....In total 7 exams WOOOOOOO :biggrin:. Then comes June, with 6 exams lol. June will END me.

PS-Depends on what you're resitting for Chem
Original post by areyousure?

The advice we got from our tutor about A level chem was white paper.
Sheets and sheets of white paper.
Sit down with every mock available, do everything you can for it and you'll be fine.

He reckons the only way to get through A level chem is by turning tones of white paper into note filled black blotchy inky paper.

Works though, especially with some of the more mechanism based learny modules.
Just repeat it untill you know it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by joemullally
The advice we got from our tutor about A level chem was white paper.
Sheets and sheets of white paper.
Sit down with every mock available, do everything you can for it and you'll be fine.

He reckons the only way to get through A level chem is by turning tones of white paper into note filled black blotchy inky paper.

Works though, especially with some of the more mechanism based learny modules.
Just repeat it untill you know it.

I did this in my mocks :biggrin: Then I died at real exams :redface:. Literally :rolleyes:. Why didn't my teachers send in my mock results? :/ Ah well This year is going to own me lol.
Original post by Doctor.
I did this in my mocks :biggrin: Then I died at real exams :redface:. Literally :rolleyes:. Why didn't my teachers send in my mock results? :/ Ah well This year is going to own me lol.

Maybe you need to like work on how not to stress in exams then.
Maybe the problem isn't that you didn't know it but you fell apart during exam time.
I don't know what to advise though, try putting less pressure on yourself?
The exams are important yeah, but you can re-take them in june can't you?
Original post by joemullally
Maybe you need to like work on how not to stress in exams then.
Maybe the problem isn't that you didn't know it but you fell apart during exam time.
I don't know what to advise though, try putting less pressure on yourself?
The exams are important yeah, but you can re-take them in june can't you?

nono it's not that :tongue:. I got seriously ill during the exams and even before. It ment that I couldn't revise much at all. etc etc excuses :biggrin:

i'll get them this time:colondollar: (i hope :biggrin:)

Thanks for the advice though :biggrin:. If anyone wants to have like random chemistry discussions :s-smilie: Talk to meee :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending