The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brand New Eyes

I'm glad its not just girls who want that! Durham is so 17th century for having shared rooms in most colleges! Although you can opt out after the first term.

Well I'm generally a social person but I like to have my own space every now and then. What I think is weird is that if you have to share a room, they don't reduce the costs at all!
Original post by Pancakeman123
Well I'm generally a social person but I like to have my own space every now and then. What I think is weird is that if you have to share a room, they don't reduce the costs at all!

Really! :O How can they justify that? Are you sure? That is ridiculous, 5 grand to share a room?! I don't understand how people can stand not having privacy 24/7 also how do they work around the erm having "visitors" over situation.

Really! :O How can they justify that? Are you sure? That is ridiculous, 5 grand to share a room?! I don't understand how people can stand not having privacy 24/7 also how do they work around the erm having "visitors" over situation.

Yep, I went on a campus tour a couple of months ago, and the guy leading it said that there was a flat rate of, (If I recall correctly) around £4400 for ALL college accommodation, even if you're sharing. The only exception is the self catered college.
Original post by Trizzle
You sure live up to your name, eh? :tongue:

Lol I know, itwas the only thing I could think of :tongue:
Sent my UCAS off :afraid:

how long does it take to be processed...?
Original post by -Illmatic-

Well done! Try not to worry about it now. :smile:

What do you mean? If it's like it was back in my day then your school needs to add its reference before it gets sent off to the universities so it very much depends on the particular administration and teaching staff at the school.
soooo, anyone else addicted to track?

nah haven't sent mine off- actually i forgot my UCAS password :frown:
Original post by alex_hk90
Well done! Try not to worry about it now. :smile:

What do you mean? If it's like it was back in my day then your school needs to add its reference before it gets sent off to the universities so it very much depends on the particular administration and teaching staff at the school.

Everything has been added, I meant how long does it take for me to get my Track details etc :colondollar:

yep :afraid:
Reply 4170

Good luck! And yep as Alex said it depends on the school/college office and how efficient they are. So far they've approved my application and my form tutor told my reference is done, so all they need to do is copy and paste it over. Though I'll have to wait till after half term!

If you log into UCAS you can see what's happening with your application, whether your referee has approved of it, added the references etc :smile:
Original post by Hemzo
Good luck! And yep as Alex said it depends on the school/college office and how efficient they are. So far they've approved my application and my form tutor told my reference is done, so all they need to do is copy and paste it over. Though I'll have to wait till after half term!

If you log into UCAS you can see what's happening with your application, whether your referee has approved of it, added the references etc :smile:

Its been sent off

21-10-2011 (16:45) Your application has been sent to UCAS and will be processed shortly. After it has been processed, we will send you a welcome letter and a booklet in the post; they will explain what happens next. Once you have the letter, you can log in to Track at ucas.com to check the progress of your application. Log in with the Personal ID on your welcome letter as this number may have changed since sending your application.
Reply 4172
Its been sent off

Awesome, all the best :smile:
Original post by Hemzo
Awesome, all the best :smile:

Does anyone know if Bristol ever give out offers below A*AA, or the equivalent in other qualifications, and the circumstances there would need to be for this to happen?
Hi

Does anyone know any particular areas of economics that involve calculus or algebra

Thanks
Original post by ...mo...

Hi

Does anyone know any particular areas of economics that involve calculus or algebra

Thanks

Surely if you were genuinely interested in economics you should know this sort of stuff?
Does anyone know if Bristol ever give out offers below A*AA, or the equivalent in other qualifications, and the circumstances there would need to be for this to happen?

Not sure about the circumstances but I have a friend who got an AAB offer for Econ last year..we're from a state-school if that helps :h:
Surely if you were genuinely interested in economics you should know this sort of stuff?

this is how i am researching. Do you know any areas where calculus or algebra is used in economics
(edited 12 years ago)
this is how i am researching. Do you know any areas where calculus or algebra is used in economics

This really isn't the best way of researching. Just read some undergraduate Micro and Macro textbooks and you should find loads of uses.

Latest

Trending

Trending