The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think the name on the back would be cool if your were ten.

Seriously though, I personally would have it plain on the back, but do what you want, it's your shirt remember. Don't just decide to follow 'the norm here on TSR' lol...
I don't have a name on the back of mine, I support the team not the player (plus as I support Newcastle, we know our best players will all be sold soon anyway!)
Reply 3
Original post by Pride
I think the name on the back would be cool if your were ten.

Seriously though, I personally would have it plain on the back, but do what you want, it's your shirt remember. Don't just decide to follow 'the norm here on TSR' lol...

I know, but if it was my name on the back rather than a player's name, would that be ok you think in terms of clothing to hang around in or play footy with?

There is no way I'm putting a player's name on the back because I have an Arsenal shirt and yet we sold our two best players in the summer. There's no one individual left to admire enough to actually put their name on the shirt lol Maybe Van Persie but he could be sold as well soon.

Edit: I forgot wilshere, he's quality as well.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I don't have a name on the back of mine, I support the team not the player (plus as I support Newcastle, we know our best players will all be sold soon anyway!)

That's probably what I'm going to do and for the same reason as well. Nasri and Fabregas left so there's no one worth putting on the back of an Arsenal shirt in my opinion. I was just wondering whether to put my own name lol But then I would never wear it other than when I'm playing if I did that. So, it seems like I might keep it nameless. What about just a number on the back? I like 6 because that's Xavi's number :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by greeneyedgirl

Nice to see a fellow toon fan! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by artery08
That's probably what I'm going to do and for the same reason as well. Nasri and Fabregas left so there's no one worth putting on the back of an Arsenal shirt in my opinion. I was just wondering whether to put my own name lol But then I would never wear it other than when I'm playing if I did that. So, it seems like I might keep it nameless. What about just a number on the back? I like 6 because that's Xavi's number :wink:

your own name would look alright for playing footie with your mates, I personally wouldn't have it, but that's just me. It'd look fine and I know a couple people with it...
Reply 7
Original post by Pride
your own name would look alright for playing footie with your mates, I personally wouldn't have it, but that's just me. It'd look fine and I know a couple people with it...

Cheers for your opinion. I think I'll keep it nameless as well tbh.
I rarely buy football shirts as I never wear them but always seem to get name and number on the back. Maybe it's my inner chav :holmes:
It's not something I'd do. You could be creative and have a message with the number in the middle if that makes sense.
A couple of my mates have football shirts with nickname and a significant number on the back that has been bought for them as birthday presents by other mates. That is probably the only situation I'd consider it acceptable to have a name/number on a football shirt (besides being a player in an actual team, of course).

Last time I got a name/number I was 13. Although I do shirt printing and have done shirt prints for people of pensionable age, so what do I know?
I wouldn't do it myself. I have the same surname as one of the former players of the team I support.
Sometimes shirts look much better when they have a name on the back.

I too am a Newcastle supporter so don't want to really get a players name on my back because they could leave soon. Instead I got "TOON ARMY 12" :biggrin:

Latest