The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4180
Seriously why aren't you answering him when you know the answer.
Original post by alex_hk90
This really isn't the best way of researching. Just read some undergraduate Micro and Macro textbooks and you should find loads of uses.

i need to know now. asap. where can i find the answer?
Original post by ...mo...

Calculus is used in calculated marginal cost and revenue..that was the result of a quick google search. When it comes to research Google is your best friend..perhaps you could also go to your local library or something :dontknow:
Original post by -Illmatic-
Everything has been added, I meant how long does it take for me to get my Track details etc :colondollar:

Once it has been processed, and you receive acknowledgments, I just used the id on ucas apply, and the same username and password as i used then and it worked for track :smile: Good luck :smile:
Original post by crazy1234
Once it has been processed, and you receive acknowledgments, I just used the id on ucas apply, and the same username and password as i used then and it worked for track :smile: Good luck :smile:

I tried that but it didnt work for me...apparently they can change your ID when its being processed
Reply 4185
I tried that but it didnt work for me...apparently they can change your ID when its being processed

Go onto track, say 'forgot personal ID' and they will e-mail it to you. The username and password will be the same :smile:
Original post by Tateco
Go onto track, say 'forgot personal ID' and they will e-mail it to you. The username and password will be the same :smile:

SWEAR?! thats pretty wicked. Will try that :wink:
SWEAR?! thats pretty wicked. Will try that :wink:

You must have been one of the unlucky ones who's ID has been changed :tongue:

One a side note, I now have 2 acknowledgements from Bath and UCL. At least I know that I have sent it to the right place :biggrin:
Original post by jamiepango
You must have been one of the unlucky ones who's ID has been changed :tongue:

I know man :redface:

Micro: solving consumer problem / producer problem, general equilibrium models, information economics problems (screening, signalling).
Macro: solving 3-equation models a la Barro-Gordon, Solow-Swan style growth models, real business cycle models.

That's just what I can remember off the top of my head.
Micro: solving consumer problem / producer problem, general equilibrium models, information economics problems (screening, signalling).
Macro: solving 3-equation models a la Barro-Gordon, Solow-Swan style growth models, real business cycle models.

thanks a lot

What is meant by solving consumer problems. Is it calculus or algebra?
(edited 12 years ago)
what do you mean by solving consumer problems. Is it calculus or algebra?

In its simplest form, it's often called the individual's UMP (utility maximisation problem) - they give you the consumer's utility functions and there's a budget constraint due to limited income. It's more calculus than algebra though with trickier formulations you'll probably need to do a bit of algebraic manipulation.
To be honest, is there anything in maths by now that doesn't involve some level of algebra?
Original post by Pancakeman123
To be honest, is there anything in maths by now that doesn't involve some level of algebra?

Kruskal's algorithm?
Reply 4195
Kruskal's algorithm?

D1 is not real maths :tongue:
Original post by Tateco
D1 is not real maths :tongue:

Kruskal's algorithm is in decision
decision is a maths module
Kruskal's algorithm is maths
Reply 4197
Original post by Tateco