The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9760
when will i get my uniform? and should i wear smart trousers for my induction? :biggrin:
Reply 9761
Original post by sjyam
when will i get my uniform? and should i wear smart trousers for my induction? :biggrin:

you'll get your uniform at the induction. yes, wear smart trousers.
Reply 9762
Original post by thatg
you'll get your uniform at the induction. yes, wear smart trousers.

thank you. do you get trained for tills on the first day or is it normally towards the end?
Reply 9763
Good news for those who invested in sharesave in 2008 at £2.24 per share. The current share price is £3.06. There is still around 4 months till the 3 year maturity date. It's likely to be around the £3 mark.

I regret not investing at the time, as I didn't think I would work here for 4 years. It's too late to invest in sharesave for 2011, as I don't think the interest will be high enough and I definitely don't want to work at Sainsburys for 7 years.
Reply 9764
Original post by sjyam
thank you. do you get trained for tills on the first day or is it normally towards the end?

They arrange to have till training after the induction.

I.e. I had my induction on Wednesday & Thursday, Till training on Friday & 1st proper shift on the Saturday.
Reply 9765
Original post by thatg
They arrange to have till training after the induction.

I.e. I had my induction on Wednesday & Thursday, Till training on Friday & 1st proper shift on the Saturday.

oh right, i have a 3 day induction so i may have it on the third day. thanks for your help :tongue:
Reply 9766
Original post by Chrisleeds
ahh right , i have 2 days doing 4 hour inductions , then 2 days later an 8 hour induction day.

did you do roleplay?

No, I didn't do any role play.
Reply 9767
I had my 11-week review today so now I'm permanent, hooray! :biggrin:
I've got my first overtime on monday, when i go to clock out, do i press "authorised for overtime?". No one ever explained it to me...

Thanks!
Original post by Tom_Andrews
I've got my first overtime on monday, when i go to clock out, do i press "authorised for overtime?". No one ever explained it to me...

Thanks!

We got told on induction to always press "no" when asked whether we were authorised for overtime, whether it was actually overtime or not. Dunno whether that's just my store, though.
Original post by Liam6993
We got told on induction to always press "no" when asked whether we were authorised for overtime, whether it was actually overtime or not. Dunno whether that's just my store, though.

if you're doing overtime you press "yes".
Original post by inksplodge
if you're doing overtime you press "yes".

It must just be something my store does, then, so pay no attention to my above post, Tom_Andrews. We got told to always press "no", that's what I've always done, and I've always got paid for the overtime I've done.
It must just be something my store does, then, so pay no attention to my above post, Tom_Andrews. We got told to always press "no", that's what I've always done, and I've always got paid for the overtime I've done.

We were always told to press no as well, and I did hundreds of hours of overtime, which was always paid on time. :smile:

I don't think it makes a difference as they'll always check, but *shrug* I always pressed yes!
Reply 9774
All it does is add a star next to your name on the following days timesheet printout so they know you've done extra hours. If they kick up a fuss about it they're being stupid. We've never been told to only press no. If I do overtime I'll press yes.
might be going back to sburys! >_<
might be going back to sburys! >_<

Out of choice?! :redface:
Original post by affinity89
Out of choice?! :redface:

out of desperation really ... lol
out of desperation really ... lol

:frown:
Original post by affinity89
:frown:

any idea how i would go about it? my friend [team leader] is going to ask but would i be better off going into store and speaking to the store manager?

Latest

Trending

Trending