The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Exp!
Not really, it's more likely that you wrote "kmt" somewhere on your PS...

i did :colone: stop stalking and just come down barking or give your school name? :cool:
Original post by deejayy

Original post by deejayy
When did you send your UCAS?

Do universities send out offers on weekends? I don't know whether to check track?

I think offers can come at pretty much any time, my Imperial rejection came through at midnight :lol:

You don't need to check track if you still have email notifications on (default setting), as UCAS will tell you this way.
Original post by jameswhughes
I think offers can come at pretty much any time, my Imperial rejection came through at midnight :lol:

You don't need to check track if you still have email notifications on (default setting), as UCAS will tell you this way.

I'm sorry to hear they rejected you! Was it because you didn't have A2 further maths?
Original post by snow leopard

Original post by snow leopard
I'm sorry to hear they rejected you! Was it because you didn't have A2 further maths?

No, I definitely had that. No idea :tongue:
Reply 2104
Original post by jameswhughes

Sorry to hear that..

What do you think is the reason? Do they give the reasons for rejection? What was the course? when did you send out the UCAS?

The default setting (email notification) , where can it be seen in the UCAS?

Original post by mpc1
Sorry to hear that..

What do you think is the reason? Do they give the reasons for rejection? What was the course? when did you send out the UCAS?

The default setting (email notification) , where can it be seen in the UCAS?

I don't know, they never said. I sent my UCAS before the Oxford/Cambridge deadline and got a rejection just over 6 months later, in late March. However I'd probably have firmed Warwick instead even if I had both offers, so it wasn't really a problem. As for the email notification, I think there's a link on the emails which they send you if you want to turn this off-not entirely sure about this though.
Original post by deejayy
When did you send your UCAS?

Do universities send out offers on weekends? I don't know whether to check track?

I dunno sorry, but I received the email at about 5:30 pm on Friday, and I sent my ucas form off on the 7th of October :smile:
by any chance, has anyone got an offer from Notts? Last year they gave me my first offer :yep:
Reply 2108
Original post by cpdavis
by any chance, has anyone got an offer from Notts? Last year they gave me my first offer :yep:

I'm wondering this too - although my application did only get processed two weeks ago. I'm really dying for an unconditional offer...
How come everyone who applied for the four year course has a place at warwick?
Original post by jilebinator

They gave out a load of offers the other day for the four year course. I dont think they have given any out for the three year one yet tho (G100)
Original post by maths134
They gave out a load of offers the other day for the four year course. I dont think they have given any out for the three year one yet tho (G100)

i should have applied for the four year course. i hope i dont get disadvantaged because i applied for the 3 year course.
i should have applied for the four year course. i hope i dont get disadvantaged because i applied for the 3 year course.

i also applied for the three year option =p

I've not got one yet and I applied for the MMath. Give it time, I'm sure the offers will come soon enough. :h:
Yet to send my application.

finalized to:

imperial comp sci
warwick maths
bristol maths
nottingham maths
manchester maths

will it disadvantage me if I applied a bit later? everyone seems to have sent their apps off
Original post by House Dagoth
Yet to send my application.

finalized to:

imperial comp sci
warwick maths
bristol maths
nottingham maths
manchester maths

will it disadvantage me if I applied a bit later? everyone seems to have sent their apps off

Why Computer Science at Imperial, won't you just get rejected if you have a Maths PS?
Argh, I can't decide between Lancaster/St Andrews/ Bath/ Birmingham. Two spots! :'( So confused.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Argh, I can't decide between Lancaster/St Andrews/ Bath/ Birmingham. Two spots! :'( So confused.

Bath is really nice and isn't Scottish, so you don't get discriminated against if you're English :smile:

They also apparently have an insanely high satisfaction rating and when I went there you couldn't look at anything without seeing a huge banner saying "University of the Year 2011-12". The city is also lovely (if a little touristy) - well worth a look!

Lancaster's in the middle of nowhere. You'd either love it or hate it

I'd choose Bath and Birmingham out of those 4 :colone:

Latest