The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nosaer

Original post by nosaer
oh. dammit, im still lingering on froyo! when's the next one expected to come out?

Wow.
Original post by + polarity -
Wow.

Hey someone I know is still on 2.1 only found out today

Just got them to update their phone now.

Original post by G8D
ICS is Novemberish.

Though when Moto bring it to you is anybody's guess.

Do you think Samsung will be quick?
Original post by G8D
Considering they've had ICS for a while now, I'd hope so.

But you never know. Might be better for sales of the Galaxy Nexus if they hold back on updating the SGS/2.

That's what I'm thinking, still I think the other nexus phones will get it first then Samsung then HTC
Original post by G8D
It's all speculation at the moment anyway.

Don't expect an update until the second quarter at the earliest.

Hmm I don't mind too much to be honest I don't like the look of the ICS home. I look forward to seeing if the rumours about unlocking via face recognition are true
Reply 6204
Does anyone know if there's a reason why my galaxy SII freezes at times? And with the gallery, sometimes it just doesn't load when i click on it.
Reply 6205
Original post by F_shakeey
Hmm I don't mind too much to be honest I don't like the look of the ICS home. I look forward to seeing if the rumours about unlocking via face recognition are true

There aren't any rumours. It's definitely true.
Original post by estel
Have you seen the Kal-El demo video floating around?

Nope not seen it.
Anyone think kal-el sounds like something out of Superman.
Original post by estel
There aren't any rumours. It's definitely true.

I eagerly await it then.
Original post by silent ninja

Nope not seen it.
Anyone think kal-el sounds like something out of Superman.

Kal-El is Superman's name, isn't it?

Original post by G8D
ICS is Novemberish.

Though when Moto bring it to you is anybody's guess.

Which is exactly why I used a Nexus 1 up until 4 months ago as my main Android phone. I just got tired of carrier skins and waiting for the best thing; either that or having to root to get it.
Kal-El is Superman's name, isn't it?

Yeah, the next few codenames are Wayne (Batman), Logan (Wolverine) and Stark (Iron Man). :smile:
I'm due a contract upgrade on Vodafone in December(15 months). ATM i'm wanting the the Sensation XE. Just wondering if it would be worth waiting to see what comes out next?
FFS

My phone's been constantly restarting for nearly 24 hours now. Actually ****ing infuriating. It won't even stay on long enough to open Titanium Backup :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:

oh, and when it does stay on, it's totally unresponsive, I've got the light flashing, or the keys are lit up, but they don't do anything, the screen won't come on, WHAT THE ****
(edited 12 years ago)
Hancent keeps on crashing...then I never know if I've got texts...
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Hancent keeps on crashing...then I never know if I've got texts...

Might be just a buggy version. Have a look on the handcent site and see if there's any reports of a similar issue. I'm not having any problems with it on Ginger Stir Fry for my Blade. :erm:
Original post by Mad Vlad
Might be just a buggy version. Have a look on the handcent site and see if there's any reports of a similar issue. I'm not having any problems with it on Ginger Stir Fry for my Blade. :erm:

I'll have a wee look. It's happened more since I updated it last week!
Stir Fry doesn't go with dessert :unimpressed:
FFS

My phone's been constantly restarting for nearly 24 hours now. Actually ****ing infuriating. It won't even stay on long enough to open Titanium Backup :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:

oh, and when it does stay on, it's totally unresponsive, I've got the light flashing, or the keys are lit up, but they don't do anything, the screen won't come on, WHAT THE ****

Typical Android lol

I don't know why this OS so is buggy and I'm hoping ICS sorts this out. I've had several Android devices and several things are sure: they slow over time, they get buggy and usually to resolve these issues I've had to reinstall/install a ROM. That's not ideal. I've said it since I started using Android on my HTC Magic (the second Android handset to be released): Android feels beta and Google need to get their fingers out. Cut back on functions if you have to but just make sure what's released works properly! (yes it still happens, look at the poster above who says their gallery keeps freezing on the SGSII).

Besides ICS, I'm actually looking forward to the Nokia 800 Sea Ray. The design looks awesome anyway and it'll probably have a sub 4" screen (which suits me perfect over these massive screens recently).
(edited 12 years ago)
Typical Android lol

I don't know why this OS so is buggy and I'm hoping ICS sorts this out. I've had several Android devices and several things are sure: they slow over time, they get buggy and usually to resolve these issues I've had to reinstall/install a ROM. That's not ideal. I've said it since I started using Android on my HTC Magic (the second Android handset to be released): Android feels beta and Google need to get their fingers out. Cut back on functions if you have to but just make sure what's released works properly! (yes it still happens, look at the poster above who says their gallery keeps freezing on the SGSII).

I'm a PC and Android was my idea.
Original post by mikeyd85
I'm a PC and Android was my idea.

lol

My PC gets slow after a couple of years. My phone? A few months.
I guess it's the trade off of not having a closed system.

Latest

Trending

Trending