The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doctor.
I was 1 UMS off an B :tongue:. I'm taking CHEM1, CHEM2 and CHEM5 this January.....In total 7 exams WOOOOOOO :biggrin:. Then comes June, with 6 exams lol. June will END me.

PS-Depends on what you're resitting for Chem

Resitting the whole of A2 to try and get an A*... hahah that's very funny!

Original post by joemullally
The advice we got from our tutor about A level chem was white paper.
Sheets and sheets of white paper.
Sit down with every mock available, do everything you can for it and you'll be fine.

He reckons the only way to get through A level chem is by turning tones of white paper into note filled black blotchy inky paper.

Works though, especially with some of the more mechanism based learny modules.
Just repeat it untill you know it.

So I just write lke everything out from my head into paper??
Original post by areyousure?

Meh I did work mega hard last year :') got A* and an A at A2 :biggrin:. Too bad I got Us for everything else..... lol

A2 Chemistry is not actually that bad. Just depends on how much revision you are willing to put in. Currently just for AS I am doing around, 9 hours on a daily basis :s-smilie:.

Hope it pays off :biggrin:
Original post by Doctor.
Meh I did work mega hard last year :') got A* and an A at A2 :biggrin:. Too bad I got Us for everything else..... lol

A2 Chemistry is not actually that bad. Just depends on how much revision you are willing to put in. Currently just for AS I am doing around, 9 hours on a daily basis :s-smilie:.

Hope it pays off :biggrin:

Hi I get to do that much as well :biggrin: What A Level results did you get and where did you apply?
Hi I get to do that much as well :biggrin: What A Level results did you get and where did you apply?

I've applied to Liverpool, Lancaster and Leeds for Medicine other two are both Pharmacy options.

I ended up with CCCb at the end of A2. I would have been totally screwed if I didn't get 'okay' results at A2 :smile:.

how about yourself? where ya applied and results!
Original post by Doctor.
I've applied to Liverpool, Lancaster and Leeds for Medicine other two are both Pharmacy options.

I ended up with CCCb at the end of A2. I would have been totally screwed if I didn't get 'okay' results at A2 :smile:.

how about yourself? where ya applied and results!

AABB thanks to my AS grades :P and I've applied to Lancaster, Liverpool, UEA and Southampton!

Best of luck with your application and hope to see you in Liv/Lan for an interview :P
AABB thanks to my AS grades :P and I've applied to Lancaster, Liverpool, UEA and Southampton!

Best of luck with your application and hope to see you in Liv/Lan for an interview :P

same same :smile:
Original post by Tinth
I'm so glad I'm not the only one willing to try a non medicine/chemistry/biology related course :biggrin:

Me too! Part of me thinks I should go for something like genetics but then again I loooooooove maths so am really tempted to I for that instead if med fails :tongue:
Reply 4467
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
I'm resitting one in January
5 is a lot to study for :console:
But I don't think your application is hopeless, really depends on where you apply.
Apparantly a few medical schools are quite merciful to us.. :redface:
Wait to hear at least some news before thinking the worst.
My philosophy to get through this year: It aint over till it's over :cool:

Not that merciful it seems, Kings have just rejected me :redface:

I'm going to email them in a bit for feedback. Hey you never know, maybe it was just an accident and they actually meant to give me an offer :rolleyes:

Original post by Doctor.
I am just going to go to my 5th option if I don't get into Medicine and then go the GEM way. I cannot be bothered with another year out being honest :tongue:

Me too. Newcastle for biomed and then either GEM or possibly their transfer program to swap to medicine after one year.
Reply 4468
Well, I have 5 exams in January ! So I guess I should get revising (at least trying to revise :P) any tips for Chemistry though?!! I don't know how to go from a B to an A ... ugh

I have 5 too. It's hard to get to revising, but even when i do it's painful - all i can think is 'what if i hadn't messed up? i'd be having a great gap year right about now'. My mind playing games with me again...

BTW i see you're applying to UEA. Does that mean you have at least one predicted A*? My school refused to predict me an A* in maths based on the fact i got a B (although i was painfully close, ~1% away overall)

Pretty much.
Original post by -Taz-
I have 5 too. It's hard to get to revising, but even when i do it's painful - all i can think is 'what if i hadn't messed up? i'd be having a great gap year right about now'. My mind playing games with me again...

BTW i see you're applying to UEA. Does that mean you have at least one predicted A*? My school refused to predict me an A* in maths based on the fact i got a B (although i was painfully close, ~1% away overall)

Best of luck!! and yes I have an A* predicted.
Original post by joemullally
Pretty much.

I will do this then :smile:
Original post by -Taz-

Just do amazing! In January and then you can chillout :biggrin:
After 226 pages I am joining this thread!!!!

I was absolutely destroyed after getting rejected last year, everything crossed for all of us this year!!! I am quietly confident about this year as I hope having achieved grades will help, I'm also doing an interview course as I SUCK at them!!!

I got A* in chem and I really love it so if anyone wants any help, feel free to pm me, otherwise my brain will turn to mush in this year off!!!!
Reply 4474
Original post by Doctor-to-be

I was absolutely destroyed after getting rejected last year, everything crossed for all of us this year!!! I am quietly confident about this year as I hope having achieved grades will help, I'm also doing an interview course as I SUCK at them!!!

I got A* in chem and I really love it so if anyone wants any help, feel free to pm me, otherwise my brain will turn to mush in this year off!!!!

Welcome! I am also a re-applicant!

Woo I shall be irritating you all the way till January <3 :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I am also a reapplicant. 3rd time trying:frown:
I definitely do feel more prepared this time round but I am unsure whether its enough, we'll soon find out though.
Check out my blog: http://3rd-timelucky.blogspot.com/

Good luck to all of you! :biggrin: It's our year, I can just feel it!
Original post by groovyangel2008
I definitely do feel more prepared this time round but I am unsure whether its enough, we'll soon find out though.

Ah thats cool, you'll get there :smile:

I love the dedication!!! Good luck!!!

Hi!!! I think I have seen you in my blog.... maybe not! but I am looking forward to keeping up with youu through yours :smile: Best of luck! :biggrin:

Welcome!! I want some Chemistry tips pleasee!! :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending