The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I applied to sainsbury's last sunday (16th), got a text sayin call for an interview on monday (17th) and I had my interview on friday (21st). When do you think I'll here back? My interviewer said next week but would that be monday or like sunday? Also does anyone know how much 16 year old customer service assistants get paid?
Thanks a lot guys. :smile: I really want this job seen as there's nothing else out there.
Reply 9781
Original post by wren94

Original post by wren94
I had my 11-week review today so now I'm permanent, hooray! :biggrin:

Did you have a review at 4th week and then 8th week, or is it nearer the end of the 3months of probationary period?

And also when you got the job, did your contract say permanent or temporary?
Thanks
Reply 9782
Original post by 4 Moment Life

Hi guys, I applied to sainsbury's last sunday (16th), got a text sayin call for an interview on monday (17th) and I had my interview on friday (21st). When do you think I'll here back? My interviewer said next week but would that be monday or like sunday? Also does anyone know how much 16 year old customer service assistants get paid?
Thanks a lot guys. :smile: I really want this job seen as there's nothing else out there.

its £4.89. Im under 18 and thats what i get paid.

I'm 17 and get paid £6.62
but that's only because i've been there over 6 months. (Year and a half)
I started on £4.82
Reply 9784
Original post by hasm
Did you have a review at 4th week and then 8th week, or is it nearer the end of the 3months of probationary period?

And also when you got the job, did your contract say permanent or temporary?
Thanks

I had a 4 week review and then my 11 week review. My contract said temporary, but I'm now permanent :smile:
Reply 9785
Original post by wren94

Original post by wren94
I had a 4 week review and then my 11 week review. My contract said temporary, but I'm now permanent :smile:

thanks. iv been there for 6weeks but no review yet. and my contracts says temporary. you think il be reviewed or do you only think il get reviewed if iv got something to improve?

or will i only be reviewed if my temporary has a chance of becoming permanent?
additionally any tips on becoming permanent?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9786
Original post by Saliency

Original post by Saliency
I'm 17 and get paid £6.62
but that's only because i've been there over 6 months. (Year and a half)
I started on £4.82

now pays channged to £4.89 for under 18
Original post by hasm
now pays channged to £4.89 for under 18

Still more or less the same. :wink:
Thanks 'Hasm' & 'Saliency'. I knew it would be lower than £6.38. My interviewer didn't know and the people she had to ask weren't there. It's still a good wage though considering nmw for 16yr olds.
Reply 9789
Hii! There's currently a vacancy at my store for a Customer Service Assistant, further on in the description, it says the vacancy is for 'trolley retrieval'. Anybody know what exactly this is??
Original post by -Shan
Hii! There's currently a vacancy at my store for a Customer Service Assistant, further on in the description, it says the vacancy is for 'trolley retrieval'. Anybody know what exactly this is??

Pretty sure that means you collect all the trolleys from about the car park, shop and surrounding areas and put them all back in their designated areas.
You'll probably be till trained as well though, and will help them out when its busy.
Reply 9791
Original post by Debbie2709
Pretty sure that means you collect all the trolleys from about the car park, shop and surrounding areas and put them all back in their designated areas.
You'll probably be till trained as well though, and will help them out when its busy.

Thanks for the fast reply! Thought it would be something like that. :frown:
Reply 9792
Original post by -Shan
Thanks for the fast reply! Thought it would be something like that. :frown:

Yeah, don't think I could do that for £6 an hour with winter round the corner. People say a job is a job but there are limits.
Reply 9793
Had my interview last Wednesday and just waiting to hear back from them... do they ring you either way?

I believe my interview went well because my interviewer seemed to like me, and called me very 'customer-service minded' and a 'people-person' so surely that must be a good sign since I applied for a general assistant role on the shop floor? I was a bit of a donut though and accidentally wrote a few answers to the DVD in the 'office use only' boxes instead of the ones I was meant to, so I had to scribble them out and write them in the proper place :facepalm:

The position is permanent so I would love to get it (plus I'm very near my overdraft thanks to my recent accomodation payment) but it is a small store so I don't know how many people I'm up against or how many vacancies there are...

I hate waiting :frown:
Original post by Alarae
Had my interview last Wednesday and just waiting to hear back from them... do they ring you either way?

I believe my interview went well because my interviewer seemed to like me, and called me very 'customer-service minded' and a 'people-person' so surely that must be a good sign since I applied for a general assistant role on the shop floor? I was a bit of a donut though and accidentally wrote a few answers to the DVD in the 'office use only' boxes instead of the ones I was meant to, so I had to scribble them out and write them in the proper place :facepalm:

The position is permanent so I would love to get it (plus I'm very near my overdraft thanks to my recent accomodation payment) but it is a small store so I don't know how many people I'm up against or how many vacancies there are...

I hate waiting :frown:

Hi
Quick question. Did you get ask about uniform size as i had a interview today and was asked and don't know if its a good sign :biggrin:
Reply 9795
Original post by Lmeechan
Hi
Quick question. Did you get ask about uniform size as i had a interview today and was asked and don't know if its a good sign :biggrin:

Yes, I did. I think they have to since it was in the little booklet of questions they had to ask me where they were righting down their answers.

I think it's more to speed up the process on their side rather than tell you if you had the job. /sigh

Good luck getting a job though :smile:
Reply 9796
Original post by bubelah
Customer service is MOST IMPORTANT. Also, stress the importance of law abiding - i.e. making sure products are fresh, and in code [date]. Sainsbury's are primarily about three things - fresh food at a great price, great customer service and being a great place overall to work and shop.

Cannot stress this enough. When you're working stock or facing up, you have to pay attention as many colleagues and customers will muddle the dates so that things that go out of date sooner are shoved at the back. Also pay close attention to fresh produce and discard any that is mouldy/brown: seems common sense but a customer came up to me the other day asking if she could get money off a pack of mouldy raspberries and I had to ask my supervisor because I wasn't quite sure what to do. :frown: I love this job and would love to be kept on but sometimes I do feel very incompetent.

On the other hand, I'm quickly learning from all my silly little mistakes.* One day a customer came in asking for breadcrumbs and for the life of me I couldn't find them. I ended up stocking them about 30 minutes later and had to wait another week before I overheard a customer ask where the breadcrumbs were. I marched up the aisle and was like, "Oh, I do! Let me show you where they are. :biggrin:" I was so proud, it was slightly pathetic. :tongue:

*Always reduce sandwiches around 4-6 pm, never sooner, or risk the wrath of not one but three supervisors. :colondollar:
Reply 9797
So how many of you have had Christmas nights out with your colleagues? Could do with some ideas, trying to organise what at the store I work! Tehe!
Reply 9798
Payday is on 7th November right?
Reply 9799
Original post by Foulish
Payday is on 7th November right?

4th... 7th is a Monday. Unless I've missed a memo.

Latest

Trending

Trending