The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medbh4805
cream sandwiches sound like something I'd actually eat at about 3am after a night out tbh :sogood:

I don't eat before or after a night-out :tongue:

Although it does sound like something that i'd just generally eat on a normal day! Haha :rolleyes:
Original post by TheatreLovely
I got my confirmation at 9:00 today. Phew.

On the subject of grammar tests, I was under the impression that they use it more to decide what grammar class you're in if you get in, and maybe to ask you questions at interview. An admissions tutor said that a low score won't mean that you don't get an interview, unless you fail it. But then I don't really know what constitutes a fail....

My teacher gave me a mock exam, I can hardly answer any questions :/
Original post by fluteflute
A CS tutor posted in this very thread... :tongue:

Can you link to his/her post? :eek:
Reply 8163
Original post by manic_fuzz

The less you eat before you go out, the faster you get drunk :colone:
Original post by Lexi C
The less you eat before you go out, the faster you get drunk :colone:

That's exactly my reasoning! :wink:
Where did you go? :biggrin:

The Cambridge guys have got 30 more pages than us, so we needed to do some catching up!

I went to Paris, thinking that seeing as I seem to be taking advanced higher French I'd better actually visit France. I stayed with a friend of my mum's who is French (and spoke only French to me), and made the disappointing discovery that after 7 years of studying French I still can barely speak it. Had fun though. :biggrin:

Grrr, my physics teacher has scheduled a test for the day before the MAT. It's not an important test, but it's on everything we've done since June so I'd need to revise to do at all well, and there's no way I'm going to do any revision because I'll be too busy with MAT preparation. And if I do badly, I'll panic even more in the MAT the next day ("I can't even cope with a Physics AB test, how can I possibly manage an Oxford entrance exam..."). There are two medicine applicants taking the BMAT in the class, so it affects 3/16 people, but she won't change it! :frown: I may need to have a sudden and brief outbreak of 'flu next Tuesday.
Original post by manic_fuzz

What? :lolwut: Alcohol makes me so hungry....:colonhash:

Although it does sound like something that i'd just generally eat on a normal day! Haha :rolleyes:

You're clearly a mad bastard though :colonhash:
Original post by anyone_can_fly
I went to Paris, thinking that seeing as I seem to be taking advanced higher French I'd better actually visit France. I stayed with a friend of my mum's who is French (and spoke only French to me), and made the disappointing discovery that after 7 years of studying French I still can barely speak it. Had fun though. :biggrin:

Grrr, my physics teacher has scheduled a test for the day before the MAT. It's not an important test, but it's on everything we've done since June so I'd need to revise to do at all well, and there's no way I'm going to do any revision because I'll be too busy with MAT preparation. And if I do badly, I'll panic even more in the MAT the next day ("I can't even cope with a Physics AB test, how can I possibly manage an Oxford entrance exam...&quot:wink:. There are two medicine applicants taking the BMAT in the class, so it affects 3/16 people, but she won't change it! :frown: I may need to have a sudden and brief outbreak of 'flu next Tuesday.

I know the feeling!!!
Original post by anyone_can_fly
I would quite like to visit Paris... although I'm told it's a romantic place, so I need first to find a girl to take... :tongue:
I would quite like to visit Paris... although I'm told it's a romantic place, so I need first to find a girl to take... :tongue:

ditto :emo:

I think my boyfriend's taking me to Paris next summer :biggrin:
Original post by such_a_lady
ditto :emo:
The four of us can go together!

Nawwwwww. Or for a more physical interpretation of my reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQHCZcSRCOQ
The four of us can go together!

Yeah it'll be like a little TSR Paris trip :lol:

speaking of which, I noticed a certain purple addition to your sig.....is there something you're not telling us? :holmes:
speaking of which, I noticed a certain purple addition to your sig.....is there something you're not telling us? :holmes:

Like it would have been a surprise to anyone here :rolleyes:

:biggrin:
It's like gossip girl on here... TSR style :wink:
Like it would have been a surprise to anyone here :rolleyes:

:biggrin:

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Original post by Brand New Eyes
It's like gossip girl on here... TSR style :wink:

:tongue:

ANYWAY, back on topic....

Latest