The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:facepalm2:
Reply 4202
Back to normality, I reckon we may see a few Warwick offers for Economics creeping through next week!
Original post by Groat

Original post by Groat
Back to normality, I reckon we may see a few Warwick offers for Economics creeping through next week!

I hope so! I asked the warwick representative a week ago how long it would be before the first batch of offers are released, and he said within a month, so it is possible!
Reply 4204
Anyone got any offers yet?
Original post by Groat

You think so? Would be so awesome! Well of course only if I am one of the lucky guys :colone:
Has anyone else checked the "I'm happy to receive information by SMS text message" box in track? Either way, does anyone know what this info is? Could it be whether you have received a decision from a uni?
Original post by Groat

Hopefully, they started giving out maths offers.
Didn't LSE/UCL offers come through around this point last cycle? Hopefully it's the same this year.
Reply 4208
Original post by Psychotic546
Hopefully, they started giving out maths offers.
Didn't LSE/UCL offers come through around this point last cycle? Hopefully it's the same this year.

See my post a few days ago about UCL and LSE offers. They seem to be slightly later, but not too long. Fingers crossed!
I heard most flood in around late Jan/Early Feb and onto March for LSE. I think they like to wait for all the applicants, and for all the Oxbridge/Durham/Ivy League acceptances to withdraw their application so they give out offers to people who actually want to go to LSE. But they give out early offers/rejections in Nov, although these seem to be rare?
For those giving out early offers, if they decide not to give an offer, do they normally reject you or wait until the january deadline to do so?
Reply 4211
anybody know any good game theory books for a2 students? might add something on my personal statement about it.

plz help a damsel in distress x
Reply 4212
what would you guys say is a better uni for economics... York, Birmingham or Leeds?
Reputation? (for economics and as a whole)
Career prospects? (banks, etc)

Obviously leeds and birmingham are going to be great for the social side as well, but i wasnt sure about york as it seems its a really small quiet place.
But obviously the academic side is a lot more important.

thanks
Original post by jacky23

Original post by jacky23
what would you guys say is a better uni for economics... York, Birmingham or Leeds?
Reputation? (for economics and as a whole)
Career prospects? (banks, etc)

Obviously leeds and birmingham are going to be great for the social side as well, but i wasnt sure about york as it seems its a really small quiet place.
But obviously the academic side is a lot more important.

thanks

http://www.university-list.net/uk/rank/univ-9023.html

That's the times university guide for economics courses. I would only really pay attention to the student satisfaction and graduate prospects columns, don't just look at the overall rank.

That's all I have to contribute as I know nothing about these universities haha
Looks like some Warwick offers might be coming along soon!

Originally Posted by Pancakeman123
You said that you are going to work on getting your decisions out earlier than you have done in the past (thank you). But are you going to use a system where, if you are not sure about a candidate, then you will hold onto the application until all the applications are in in January, or will you try and make all decisions within, for example, two months (arbitrary figure).

University of Warwick
Hi,
Our aim is to make a definitive decision, one way or another, quicker this year than we did last year, and part of that will involve "holding" less candidates than we did last year. I would imagine there will still be instances where we will wish to hold candidates for a period of time, but we wish to reduce situations where we are simply holding people because a better application might/might not come along
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Pancakeman123
Looks like some Warwick offers might be coming along soon!

Cheers for this! not that I'm applying there but do you know anything about LSE? I haven't sent mine off for them yet :/

Also, for those who have applied to Bath, have you all got your special Bath application track number + password yet?
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Cheers for this! not that I'm applying there but do you know anything about LSE? I haven't sent mine off for them yet :/

Also, for those who have applied to Bath, have you all got your special Bath application track number + password yet?

Afraid I don't, I'm not applying there.

As for Bath, yeah I do have my track number etc, don't feel like you're missing out on anything though, there's nothing of interest on there :h:
Original post by Pancakeman123
Afraid I don't, I'm not applying there.

As for Bath, yeah I do have my track number etc, don't feel like you're missing out on anything though, there's nothing of interest on there :h:

Ah okies :frown: Maybe I'll drop them an email.

Oh really!? Did you get it within a week of your first email? Because they said I should call them if I don't have it within 7 days but I really cba. What's it like aha?
Reply 4218
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Ah okies :frown: Maybe I'll drop them an email.

Oh really!? Did you get it within a week of your first email? Because they said I should call them if I don't have it within 7 days but I really cba. What's it like aha?

Noo don't bother - I got mine about 2 weeks after sending my application off so don't worry! :smile:
Original post by marky22

Original post by marky22
Noo don't bother - I got mine about 2 weeks after sending my application off so don't worry! :smile:

helpful first post :smile: where are you applying then?

Latest

Trending

Trending