The Student Room Group

How long does a concert last?

Hi all,
I'm going to the Arctic Monkeys Suck it and See concert in London O2 Arena on 30th October:colondollar:..... It starts at 6:30pm, but it didn't say how long it's gonna be.

I've been to several other concerts before and they usually last for ages...like 3 hours or something. I've heard that Arctic Monkeys will only sing for just about an hour (and another hour for the opening band) but I'm not sure.

Can anyone reassure me, or anyone, especially those who've been to an AM concert, tell me how long is it gonna be, and is there usually a delay in such concert, please?? Because I'm not from London so I need to know the times to get back to where I'm from.

Cheers xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
they have to finish before 12 at the 02, because of local residents, I guess it will last about 2-2 and half pushing it, thats what the other concerts lasted for when I went o2, all different bands!
I've never seen Arctic Monkeys before but I have been to quite a lot of concerts at the O2 and in general and they're pretty much all the same time-wise.

If the ticket says it starts at 6.30, it doesn't. That's just when the doors open to actual arena. Usually a support act will come on in between 7-8 and will usually play for about 45 minutes.

The main act usually comes on about 9 and will play until about 10.30-11. Some shows last a bit longer though. All concerts usually have to finish by 12 anyway because of disturbing residents nearby.
Been to two Arctic Monkeys concerts and like you I am going again on this tour :biggrin:, can't wait.

Smith Westerns have just cancelled so unless they bring in someone else it'll all probably change.

I'm guessing they'll come on about 9, and usually play about 20 songs so yeah be about 2 hours altogether.

THE BEST TWO HOURS OF YOUR LIFE may I add
Reply 4
Most finish at 11
Reply 5
Original post by Soggy Cherry
Been to two Arctic Monkeys concerts and like you I am going again on this tour :biggrin:, can't wait.

Smith Westerns have just cancelled so unless they bring in someone else it'll all probably change.

I'm guessing they'll come on about 9, and usually play about 20 songs so yeah be about 2 hours altogether.

THE BEST TWO HOURS OF YOUR LIFE may I add

I thought the Vaccines are the guests? I don't get what you mean about Smith Westerns?

definitely will be the BEST TWO HOURS of my life!!! It's my first time to go to an Arctic Monkeys concert and I've known them since I was 13 (I'm 18).

PLUS the fact that I actually come from Asia. When I knew them I had no idea that one day I will be able to see them in person!! Now I'm studying in England so I get a chance!!! So flipping happy!!!:biggrin:

Do you reckon they will be playing any old songs? I so so so much want to hear them sing old songs like When the Sun Goes down or 505! (But certainly they have changed their music type now..?)
Neurosis played a 4-5 hour set once. Wish I was there, gutted that I wasn't.
Reply 7
Original post by Drunk Punx

Neurozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Original post by pinacio
I thought the Vaccines are the guests? I don't get what you mean about Smith Westerns?

definitely will be the BEST TWO HOURS of my life!!! It's my first time to go to an Arctic Monkeys concert and I've known them since I was 13 (I'm 18).

PLUS the fact that I actually come from Asia. When I knew them I had no idea that one day I will be able to see them in person!! Now I'm studying in England so I get a chance!!! So flipping happy!!!:biggrin:

Do you reckon they will be playing any old songs? I so so so much want to hear them sing old songs like When the Sun Goes down or 505! (But certainly they have changed their music type now..?)

Yeah they are but the Smith Westerns were meant to be like extra guests but they've pulled out now, oh well, still get the Vaccines AND ARCTIC MONKEYS wooo.

Well I can guarantee you won't be disappointed!

They'll definitely do When The Sun Goes Down and then chances are they'll finish with 505 so no need to worry there haha

I'll have to speak to you again and see what you thought once you've seen them!
Reply 9
Are you sure it starts at 6.30? That's sounds more like doors.
Gigs usually last between 2 and 3 hours, it depends how many supports there are and how quick at setting up they are in between.
Most gigs with doors of 6.30 start between 7 and 8 and finish between 10 and 11....
Original post by Soggy Cherry
Yeah they are but the Smith Westerns were meant to be like extra guests but they've pulled out now, oh well, still get the Vaccines AND ARCTIC MONKEYS wooo.

Well I can guarantee you won't be disappointed!

They'll definitely do When The Sun Goes Down and then chances are they'll finish with 505 so no need to worry there haha

I'll have to speak to you again and see what you thought once you've seen them!

Oh I see. Yay!! I would actually cry if I hear Alex sings on stage. Oh god I can't wait it is NEXT WEEK!!! :biggrin:

Definitely will tell you how it goes!!! :smile:
Original post by Mm_Minty
Gigs usually last between 2 and 3 hours, it depends how many supports there are and how quick at setting up they are in between.
Most gigs with doors of 6.30 start between 7 and 8 and finish between 10 and 11....

That is what the ticket says, but I reckon it will start at 7 or 8 anyway :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by pinacio
That is what the ticket says, but I reckon it will start at 7 or 8 anyway :smile:

it probably will. 6.30 is rather early for a gig to actually start XD

Can I ask a silly question by the way, do you know if it is outdoor or indoor??:biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by pinacio
Can I ask a silly question by the way, do you know if it is outdoor or indoor??:biggrin:

London 02 arena should be indoors. Most places will tell you specifically if it's outside, and (in my experience) most outside gigs are more festivals.
London 02 arena should be indoors. Most places will tell you specifically if it's outside, and (in my experience) most outside gigs are more festivals.

Good. Then I don't need a coat or something I suppose. Thanks:biggrin:
Original post by Mr Young
they have to finish before 12 at the 02, because of local residents, I guess it will last about 2-2 and half pushing it, thats what the other concerts lasted for when I went o2, all different bands!

Original post by The-Dream
Most finish at 11

Original post by Drunk Punx

Hi all, my friend has shamelessly given up going to the concert (gig) with me so now I HAVE A SPARE TICKET! :frown:

I'd like to know any of you guys (or anyone else you know) would want the ticket. It is a seated ticket on 30th October 6:30pm O2 Arena and I will sell it at a bliming low price!!!

Contact/PM/reply me please, otherwise it will be a complete waste!!! :frown:
I went to an Alice Cooper concert the other day.

Doors opened at 6.30pm

it said on the ticket that the concert was going to start at 7.30pm, but in fact it started at 8pm. The supporting act was on from 8pm till 8.30pm.

then there was a half hour interval.

then Alice Cooper played from 9pm-10.30pm.

And that was that.

edited to add : how annoying that your friend has cancelled. Can't you find somebody else to go with you?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I went to an Alice Cooper concert the other day.

Doors opened at 6.30pm

it said on the ticket that the concert was going to start at 7.30pm, but in fact it started at 8pm. The supporting act was on from 8pm till 8.30pm.

then there was a half hour interval.

then Alice Cooper played from 9pm-10.30pm.

And that was that.

edited to add : how annoying that your friend has cancelled. Can't you find somebody else to go with you?

No :frown: Do you know anyone would be around in London this sunday?
Original post by pinacio
No :frown: Do you know anyone would be around in London this sunday?

nope I don't

Quick Reply

Latest