The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anyone_can_fly
Scottish money is used to fund the scheme, and the money would otherwise benefit the people of Scotland in a different way. It does not exclude the English, as the fees are comparable to what they are in England - it just avoids giving them a financial incentive to come. Ultimately, the English must look to Westminster for their unfair fees.

You seem adamant that this is the case, I am doubtful (I haven't been shown evidence to that effect) but I won't press you on that count any more. I'm sure you're an honest person so I see no reason for you to lie to me.

On a different note, my current status is:
-No contact with Cambridge college
-No Warwick offer
-No UCL offer
*cries uncontrollably*
Original post by ben-smith
You seem adamant that this is the case, I am doubtful (I haven't been shown evidence to that effect) but I won't press you on that count any more. I'm sure you're an honest person so I see no reason for you to lie to me.

-No Warwick offer
-No UCL offer
*cries uncontrollably*

Same :frown:
-No Warwick offer
-No UCL offer
*cries uncontrollably*

Same here :cry:

Now just to reassure me... when did you send off your application?
Original post by Reminisce
Same :frown:

Aren't you an Oxford applicant?

Original post by Beth1234
Same here :cry:

Now just to reassure me... when did you send off your application?

A few weeks ago...
Aren't you an Oxford applicant?

A few weeks ago...

Yes but still, no UCL or Warwick offer and no confirmation from College yet. I'm in more or less the same boat as you.
A few weeks ago...

Well, at least I have the comfort of knowing you sent your application before mine :tongue:

By the way, what do you mean by "contact with Cambridge college"? The university sends you a SAQ, and an acknowledgement when you send the SAQ back. Some colleges ask for data protection and fee status questionnaires. Other than that, don't expect to hear anything until the second half of November.
I have no offers/rejections... sigh
Well, at least I have the comfort of knowing you sent your application before mine :tongue:

By the way, what do you mean by "contact with Cambridge college"? The university sends you a SAQ, and an acknowledgement when you send the SAQ back. Some colleges ask for data protection and fee status questionnaires. Other than that, don't expect to hear anything until the second half of November.

I have a friend at school who is applying to the same college as me and he received an acknowledgement from the college.
I have a friend at school who is applying to the same college as me and he received an acknowledgement from the college.

Oh... are you sure he didn't just mean the SAQ/SAQ-acknowledgement?
Original post by maths134
I have no offers/rejections... sigh

:console: I'm sure the wait will be worth it for us...
Oh... are you sure he didn't just mean the SAQ/SAQ-acknowledgement?

Pretty sure
I want to know when a college will actually bother to contact me as im an open applicant.
:console: I'm sure the wait will be worth it for us...

hopefully :frown: :hugs:
Pretty sure

Ah. So you're not completely sure :tongue:

On a different note - why aren't you on the Cambridge Applicants list? :shakecane:
Ah. So you're not completely sure :tongue:

On a different note - why aren't you on the Cambridge Applicants list? :shakecane:

I'd rather not have my failure documented

Spoiler

Reply 2175
Hi,
off from warwick :biggrin:D

also, just wondering if anyone has heard from imperial or knows when you are likely to hear?
how is everyone preparing for the MAT?
I'd rather not have my failure documented

Spoiler

But there's nothing wrong with your success documented, is there? :smile:

You know it's the the first post in that thread you've posted in over 40 times, don't you? :tongue:
No Warwick offer, no Bath offer... *sigh*
Reply 2178
Original post by dnumberwang
Just got an offer from UCL :awesome:

A*AA in Maths, Further, and a third subject

Great!!

Was there no interview?

Did you get the offer update in UCAS or did UCL send you an email/letter?
But there's nothing wrong with your success documented, is there? :smile:

You know it's the the first post in that thread you've posted in over 40 times, don't you? :tongue:

What can I say, I'm not very clever:colondollar:...
Also, for my success to be documented I'll have to, you know, succeed.

Latest