The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8280
Original post by laurie:)
2 WEEKS!!!!

so lucky!! i was sooo happy just to have 1 extra day off, and it turns out i have to go in for 'prefect duties' anyway :'(

I wasn't picked to be prefect because of not enough teacher support. Apparently teachers have to vote who would make a good prefect and apparently I wasn't picked because I'm too 'laid back' and would not take the role seriously. I was pretty annoyed when I found out but then when I realised the amount of stuff prefects have to do I'm pretty glad I wasn't picked. :biggrin:
Original post by Besakt
I wasn't picked to be prefect because of not enough teacher support. Apparently teachers have to vote who would make a good prefect and apparently I wasn't picked because I'm too 'laid back' and would not take the role seriously. I was pretty annoyed when I found out but then when I realised the amount of stuff prefects have to do I'm pretty glad I wasn't picked. :biggrin:

How the hell do you get 2 weeks?:eek: lol is that even legal :s-smilie:? sooo luckyy:tongue:
Original post by Besakt

half the year was picked to be prefects, so its not much of a big deal to be picked at my school - its more of a case of having to have done something bad to not get picked, than something good to get picked, if i'm making any sense?

we have to do alot though :frown: 4 open evenings so far, plus having to help out with the year 6 tests and a bunch of other duties. i'm also 'head' of the schools medical society so spend a monday afternoon each fortnight preparing shizz for them.

im planning on doing all my homework, starting revision, starting interview prep and doing a whole load of med soc plans for the future, this half term. :biggrin:
Reply 8283
Original post by SylveeDiggs
How the hell do you get 2 weeks?:eek: lol is that even legal :s-smilie:? sooo luckyy:tongue:

Private school. Makes their own rules, I guess.
half the year was picked to be prefects, so its not much of a big deal to be picked at my school - its more of a case of having to have done something bad to not get picked, than something good to get picked, if i'm making any sense?

we have to do alot though :frown: 4 open evenings so far, plus having to help out with the year 6 tests and a bunch of other duties. i'm also 'head' of the schools medical society so spend a monday afternoon each fortnight preparing shizz for them.

im planning on doing all my homework, starting revision, starting interview prep and doing a whole load of med soc plans for the future, this half term. :biggrin:

Half my year got picked too that's why I was so annoyed. Yeah I volunteered to do open evening because apparently I was really good at inspiring and scaring people off to do biology (I made a hand puppet with a fish-head, we were doing a dissection :lol:). We don't have a medical society but I've had loads of lower sixth come to me for advice. :biggrin:
Yeah I just need to recap of the work I've already done and interview prep.
Original post by Besakt
Half my year got picked too that's why I was so annoyed. Yeah I volunteered to do open evening because apparently I was really good at inspiring and scaring people off to do biology (I made a hand puppet with a fish-head, we were doing a dissection :lol:). We don't have a medical society but I've had loads of lower sixth come to me for advice. :biggrin:
Yeah I just need to recap of the work I've already done and interview prep.

i did a heart dissection at our bio bit of the open evening and i think i might have accidently made people think i was some kind of murderous maniac or something...
twas fun though :biggrin:

you should see if you could set one up! mine's quite fun - we've had big medical ethics debates (which too often descended into big arguments loool), am getting someone in to talk to us about medical education/life as a doctor, we've done reading lists and are going to do personal statements/mock interviews :biggrin:
Reply 8285
i did a heart dissection at our bio bit of the open evening and i think i might have accidently made people think i was some kind of murderous maniac or something...
twas fun though :biggrin:

you should see if you could set one up! mine's quite fun - we've had big medical ethics debates (which too often descended into big arguments loool), am getting someone in to talk to us about medical education/life as a doctor, we've done reading lists and are going to do personal statements/mock interviews :biggrin:

Yeah. I looked like a serial killer with my lab coat covered in blood, a friend of mine managed to scare a parent away by popping a fish eye and black juice went all over the parent. :redface:

No time. All I'm worried about this year is interviews, grades and gym everything else comes second.
Original post by Besakt
Yeah. I looked like a serial killer with my lab coat covered in blood, a friend of mine managed to scare a parent away by popping a fish eye and black juice went all over the parent. :redface:

No time. All I'm worried about this year is interviews, grades and gym everything else comes second.

at the second open evening, fewer people came so i'm beginning to wonder whether its because they were warned by the others not to go to bio :redface:

yeah, i really need to knuckle down and revise. i honestly have no idea what we learnt at the beginning of A2 last year ....
Original post by Besakt
Private school. Makes their own rules, I guess..

Sooo lucky..
Reply 8288
Original post by SylveeDiggs
Sooo lucky..

Not really. If you are paying for school but then get more holidays then other schools then you are getting less for your money.
Original post by Besakt
Not really. If you are paying for school but then get more holidays then other schools then you are getting less for your money.

Longer school days cancel it out.

But, I think she meant you were privileged to be going to a private school, not that private schools get extra holidays.
Reply 8290
Original post by Straight up G

But, I think she meant you were privileged to be going to a private school, not that private schools get extra holidays.

We don't have longer school days though. Not really, there are state schools and grammar schools which are just as good if not better.
Original post by Besakt

Original post by Straight up G

I meant both tbh :yep: cos I'm doing the BMAT you see, 2 weeks to revise would have been a dream :daydreaming: and also about going to a private school.
Reply 8292
does anyone know which universitys start giving out interviews and when?
Reply 8293
Original post by l.a.s
does anyone know which universitys start giving out interviews and when?

well from the wiki it looks like Kings college, cambridge and birmingham have already given out many interviews.
Original post by abdkam
well from the wiki it looks like Kings college, cambridge and birmingham have already given out many interviews.

Isn't cambridge meant to give out interviews after the BMAT is over? :confused:
Original post by EternalDoom
Isn't cambridge meant to give out interviews after the BMAT is over? :confused:

Some colleges don't care about BMAT and give out interviews as soon as they receive the SAQ forms back.
Reply 8296
will interviews for deferred entry be different you think?
Reply 8297
Original post by beachh
will interviews for deferred entry be different you think?

Not really. They would probably just also ask about what you plan on doing on your year out.
Reply 8298
i mean do you think they will be later on...ie at the end of the pile? like march maybe? or do you think i could get an early interview?
Reply 8299
Got a conditional offer from kings for biomed today of AAB :smile: quite surprised due to me having a med ps though I did have pathology wrk experience, just hoping I get some interviews for medicine know.

Latest

Trending

Trending