The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8600
Original post by punctuation
I remember your name... :colone:

It's Michael.

(I think my stalker-tendencies have sprouted from all the stalking going on via Chiara and Greg :tongue:)

Lol and yes you're right. :smile:
Original post by jilebinator
Do we get a letter telling us if we got a place or not? or is it done through ucas track?

I don't know what happens pre-interviews, but for the post-interview round you get a letter before Christmas, and then Track updates some time in January. :smile:
Original post by Reminisce
Lol and yes you're right. :smile:

:woo: Welcome back!

Help us beat the Cambridge thread! :wink:
if i get an offer;
i will frame my letter!
Original post by jilebinator
if i get an offer;
i will frame my letter!

I think my parents would do that long before I stop dancing... :lol:

Original post by anyone_can_fly
x

The quote in your signature reminds me of philosophy class... *mutters something about Platonic Forms and walks away*
The game is on? Again?? Alright. :ninja:
:woo: Welcome back!

Help us beat the Cambridge thread! :wink:
Original post by Phia7

The game is afoot! :wink:

[scroll]*points to whoever gets the reference*[/scroll]
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone here making an insurance bet with a friend? I plan on making a $20 bet with a friend (who's applying to Cambridge) that I wouldn't get i and that he would. He in turn bets that I would get in and that he wouldn't. Therefore, if one of us gets in while the other doesn't, the person who got rejected gets compensation in the form of some cash while the person who was accepted doesn't really care about the 20 bucks since he gets to attend a top tier university. If we both get in or both get turned down, we break even.

I think this is a good way to cope with the emotional stress of rejection. Thoughts? :P
Original post by Phia7

Phia!! :biggrin:

I get so excited whenever I see you online :getmecoat:
Original post by hawkingchampion
Anyone here making an insurance bet with a friend? I plan on making a $20 bet with a friend (who's applying to Cambridge) that I wouldn't get i and that he would. He in turn bets that I would get in and that he wouldn't. Therefore, if one of us gets in while the other doesn't, the person who got rejected gets compensation in the form of some cash while the person who was accepted doesn't really care about the 20 bucks since he gets to attend a top tier university. If we both get in or both get turned down, we break even.

I think this is a good way to cope with the emotional stress of rejection. Thoughts? :P

That sounds depressing... :frown:

OH MY GOD YOU'RE FROM CANADA! Where in Canada, what school (IB or not), what uni course, what college?!?!?!?!?!

I don't know :tongue: My boyfriend and I are both applying and I don't know what's going to happen if one of us gets in and the other doesn't. I have a feeling we'd leave each other well alone for at least a month :lol:

Hmmm.
Chiaraaaaaa!
I get so excited whenever I'm online :P I think I really need to focus my procrastination time on our thread again :wink:
So, what have I missed this time?
Original post by such_a_lady
Phia!! :biggrin:

I get so excited whenever I see you online :getmecoat:
I don't know :tongue: My boyfriend and I are both applying and I don't know what's going to happen if one of us gets in and the other doesn't. I have a feeling we'd leave each other well alone for at least a month :lol:

Hmmm.

Why isn't he on this thread? He should be helping us beat Cambridge! :tongue:
Original post by Phia7
Chiaraaaaaa!
I get so excited whenever I'm online :P I think I really need to focus my procrastination time on our thread again :wink:
So, what have I missed this time?

Erm...we're all going to Paris :lol: a discussion about the EU, random TSA stuff, discussion of St Peter's and Exeter, and college emails, er... beating Cambridge :colone:, swearing in Latin...
:ninja:
I think I might know who he is....
If it's him: :woo: (in a weird way)
If it isn't him: :getmecoat:

Hmmm.
Erm...we're all going to Paris :lol: a discussion about the EU, random TSA stuff, discussion of St Peter's and Exeter, and college emails, er... beating Cambridge :colone:, swearing in Latin...

Wait, why are we going to Paris? :ninja:

That sounds depressing... :frown:

OH MY GOD YOU'RE FROM CANADA! Where in Canada, what school (IB or not), what uni course, what college?!?!?!?!?!

:biggrin: I"m from Hamilton, Ontario at an IB school. I'm going for MPhys at Oxford in Balliol.
The game is afoot! :wink:

[scroll]*points to whoever gets the reference*[/scroll]

OMG YOU CAN SCROLL!!!

also YAY another Canadian :biggrin:

Original post by candide
yay!

when I get my life back, I'll have to leave again tho... :frown:

someone put up a League Table of Posters a month or two ago. Julie was top obviously, then Chiara. I was like a lowly eighth. I reckon it mighta changed a bit now tho.

:frown: Oh noes! Haha... so you're erm dead right now, seeing as you said you don't have life?

Ah I remember that... how did they seduce TSR to show such information. I wanna know!

Original post by Reminisce
I just don't post much on TSR (well... I do post in the maths sections)... But I am on most of days to monitor briefly this thread. :smile:

Oh I see :smile: Silent observer then? The only other Maths applicant who posts regularly is anyone_can_fly :frown: we really need more people of our own kind... or should I say course.

Where are all the other 1699 PPE applicants!?:tardis::pika:
:biggrin: I"m from Hamilton, Ontario at an IB school. I'm going for MPhys at Oxford in Balliol.

Ah, cool. I'm at an enhanced school in Mississauga... :tongue: Why are you doing a master's and not an undergraduate degree?

Original post by Brand New Eyes
OMG YOU CAN SCROLL!!!

YES!!! I just realized recently, hence the traveling TARDIS in my signature :biggrin:

Original post by Brand New Eyes
Oh I see :smile: Silent observer then? The only other Maths applicant who posts regularly is anyone_can_fly :frown:

And dnumberwang! :tongue:
Original post by Phia7
:ninja:
I think I might know who he is....If it's him: :woo: (in a weird way)
If it isn't him: :getmecoat:

I think everyone does :tongue: I can't keep my mouth shut :lol:

Wait, why are we going to Paris? :ninja:

According to some, to be romantic, according to others, to console ourselves for being rejected.

Latest

Trending

Trending