The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EEngWillow
Yep, 3rd year. Two more years to go after this! :smile:

We'll graduate at same time :five: well that is as long as I do well enough this year to get onto honours course...which at the minute I'm concerned about :colondollar:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
We'll graduate at same time :five: well that is as long as I do well enough this year to get onto honours course...which at the minute I'm concerned about :colondollar:

:five: :biggrin:

I'm confident that you'll be absolutely fine. I can't wait for next year, really excited about my modules \o/ ...Just over 8 months of placement left!
Original post by d123
I really am! Today I crashed into a bookshelf in the library and broke it causing a total avalanche of books. :frown:

That just means you're clumsy, not an idiot too!
:five: :biggrin:

I'm confident that you'll be absolutely fine. I can't wait for next year, really excited about my modules \o/ ...Just over 8 months of placement left!

Hmmm...just achieving a B in Eng Lang seems unlikely...tis getting tough this year. Then I need to pass one other subject (and preferably both!) but I'm focusing so much on Lang that the others are going downhill! ARGHHHH!

What are your modules?
Hmmm...just achieving a B in Eng Lang seems unlikely...tis getting tough this year. Then I need to pass one other subject (and preferably both!) but I'm focusing so much on Lang that the others are going downhill! ARGHHHH!

What are your modules?

Next year I'll be taking modules on Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition, Digital Signal Processing, Nanotechnology...not entirely sure about the others, but I could learn how to write software to control satellites if I wanted...

EDIT: (Comp. Vision is the one I'm most excited about - how to make computers 'see' the world and process it usefully, e.g. creating facial recognition for CCTV footage, license plate matching etc)
(edited 12 years ago)
Next year I'll be taking modules on Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition, Digital Signal Processing, Nanotechnology...not entirely sure about the others, but I could learn how to write software to control satellites if I wanted...

EDIT: (Comp. Vision is the one I'm most excited about - how to make computers 'see' the world and process it usefully, e.g. creating facial recognition for CCTV footage, license plate matching etc)

Ooo sounds good! I need to look into next years modules at some point...
Ooo sounds good! I need to look into next years modules at some point...

Yeah. Should be quite interesting! Perhaps you should concentrate on this year first? :tongue:
Yeah. Should be quite interesting! Perhaps you should concentrate on this year first? :tongue:

Ah but if I find some fantastic modules next year I might be inspired to work extra hard! TBH I should be fine, I'm probs just extra worried about passing and workload atm cos it's essay time :bawling:
Ah but if I find some fantastic modules next year I might be inspired to work extra hard! TBH I should be fine, I'm probs just extra worried about passing and workload atm cos it's essay time :bawling:

:hugs:

True, it might be inspiring. You should probably be essay-writing instead of forum-ing by now...loathe as I am to shoo away my only company at the moment!
:hugs:

True, it might be inspiring. You should probably be essay-writing instead of forum-ing by now...loathe as I am to shoo away my only company at the moment!

Don't worry, I'm revising and foruming...every time I read through 1 lectures worth of slides I get 10 mins on TSR :yep: only two more lectures to read through then I've gotta do essay. If I keep telling myself it'll be fine, it will be! I've got a thorough plan though so shouldn't take too long to write...hopefully. If I get this essay done by thurs, then I can do my other essay before the weekend as well as proofread the essay I've already done... Plus I better read at least 2 books this week...oh and write my presentation. FFS why are deadlines all clumped together!
Don't worry, I'm revising and foruming...every time I read through 1 lectures worth of slides I get 10 mins on TSR :yep: only two more lectures to read through then I've gotta do essay. If I keep telling myself it'll be fine, it will be! I've got a thorough plan though so shouldn't take too long to write...hopefully. If I get this essay done by thurs, then I can do my other essay before the weekend as well as proofread the essay I've already done... Plus I better read at least 2 books this week...oh and write my presentation. FFS why are deadlines all clumped together!

Similar to how I'm browsing TSR at work. Every time I write a line of code, I give myself a TSR break. And then every time I meet an error in my code. And every time my code works... and... yeah. I spend a lot of time on TSR here.

Sounds hectic... I'm glad Electronics isn't an essay based subject. We do have to write reports etc, but they're infrequent (and quite easy). Academics like to think they set their assignments at a time where other lecturers haven't set anything. To do this, they all choose the same time of year and then fail to communicate with each other. :P
Similar to how I'm browsing TSR at work. Every time I write a line of code, I give myself a TSR break. And then every time I meet an error in my code. And every time my code works... and... yeah. I spend a lot of time on TSR here.

Sounds hectic... I'm glad Electronics isn't an essay based subject. We do have to write reports etc, but they're infrequent (and quite easy). Academics like to think they set their assignments at a time where other lecturers haven't set anything. To do this, they all choose the same time of year and then fail to communicate with each other. :P

Ha ha so you're being paid to do TSR...happy days!

I'm especially annoyed that psychology in the next 2 weeks gave us lab report due in, literature search due in, essay due in, practice test, plus we have to complete a 2 hour lab...I mean that is seriously poor planning!
Ha ha so you're being paid to do TSR...happy days!

I'm especially annoyed that psychology in the next 2 weeks gave us lab report due in, literature search due in, essay due in, practice test, plus we have to complete a 2 hour lab...I mean that is seriously poor planning!

I'm paid to do TSR, listen to radio 1 and drink energy drinks.
Also to develop radio communications equipment for the military... but mostly the TSR, Radio 1 and Red Bull.

That does seem just a tad over the top.
I'm paid to do TSR, listen to radio 1 and drink energy drinks.
Also to develop radio communications equipment for the military... but mostly the TSR, Radio 1 and Red Bull.

That does seem just a tad over the top.

It's like babysitting, but on a larger scale, probably with a better wage too!

It is rather OTT, but I'll hopefully just about cope. And if not, I've got a supply of chocolate already prepared.
I just chaired a Q&A session with William Lane Craig, one of my favourite life moments :awesome:

Edit: Though I'm not sure it makes up for breaking my leg at the weekend, fml
Original post by Calumcalum
I just chaired a Q&A session with William Lane Craig, one of my favourite life moments :awesome:

I saw on fb, bet it was amazing! How did you break your leg? :jumphug:

Jealous! My friend at Cambridge went to see him.
Reply 7557
Original post by adamrules247
Jealous! My friend at Cambridge went to see him.

I'm going tomorrow :biggrin:

I'll be wearing a scarf and a red rose......

Really? Where and how did you get to do it?
Original post by Bakmouth
I'm going tomorrow :biggrin:

I'll be wearing a scarf and a red rose......

Where's he speaking tomorrow?

Latest

Trending

Trending